Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    He confronted him, and? Might of been hyped here and there for a bit and then it died, just like majority of boxing related stuff. You fail to realize the public's attention span. Why do you think this sport and MMA are titled "you're only as good as your last fight"?

No there wasn't. The attention was on Pacquiao much more than Mosley when Floyd announced his comeback. That's because everyone and their mom wanted to see that fight.
    What you're saying, is literally complete bull**** And revisionist history.

"Then it died" erm, no it didn't.

Pacquaio was the first choice, no question. But to say there was no demand for Mosley is just simply not true.

And as soon as Pacquaio turned down the Floyd fight, everyone wanted Mosley.

There were even people who said they'd prefer Floyd-Mosley. At the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What you're saying, is literally complete bull**** And revisionist history.

"Then it died" erm, no it didn't.

Pacquaio was the first choice, no question. But to say there was no demand for Mosley is just simply not true.

And as soon as Pacquaio turned down the Floyd fight, everyone wanted Mosley.

There were even people who said they'd prefer Floyd-Mosley. At the time.

First choice BY FAR. Right now we're more excited for Canelo vs Cotto than their opponents this year. Pac/Mayweather had a similar effect on a much grand level for boxing. Are you excited for Canelo vs TBA and Cotto vs Lee/Rubio or Canelo vs Cotto. You see where I'm coming from?
      You know as well as I do, both are to blame for that grand fight not happening(Floyd/Pac). Who you think is more to blame is up for discussion.

Of course, you have a couple here and there saying they prefer this fight over that, but they were the minority(there's never a fight that 100% of people truly want). And like I said, even if it were to be put as a yes, we still have plenty of "Nos" as well as Floyd truly doesn't give us the fights that we want.
      Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 08-06-2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Algeiri is basically Lara with more volume, better footwork and heart and he was not Pacquiao's first option. He wanted Floyd or JMM and both ducked him.

And Pacquiao's last 5 fights were JMM 3, Bradley, JMM 4, Rios and Bradley 2

You won't find a tougher past 5 fights on any fighters resume period
        Mayweather had a tougher opponent list but made easy work of them all.

Comment

Mayweather deserves credit for Mosley, you can say that he was out of the ring for 16 months but that was because Berto pulled out because the earthquake in Haiti.

Also people were loving that RA interview where he called out Floyd on not fighting Mosley. That interview was on Oct. 30 2009 and Mayweather fought Mosley on 05/01/2010.

Most journalist had Mosley top 5 P4P when Mayweather fought him, Ring had him top 3.

Both Mayweather and Pacquiao deserve shit for not getting the fight done, they both could have demanded it but instead decided to dangle the fight for years while cashing big checks. It made sense financially but they both avoided the fight and deserve blame.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            Mayweather deserves credit for Mosley, you can say that he was out of the ring for 16 months but that was because Berto pulled out because the earthquake in Haiti.

Also people were loving that RA interview where he called out Floyd on not fighting Mosley. That interview was on Oct. 30 2009 and Mayweather fought Mosley on 05/01/2010.

Most journalist had Mosley top 5 P4P when Mayweather fought him, Ring had him top 3.

Both Mayweather and Pacquiao deserve shit for not getting the fight done, they both could have demanded it but instead decided to dangle the fight for years while cashing big checks. It made sense financially but they both avoided the fight and deserve blame.
            Either way, 16 months is 16 months. On top of that, he wasn't prime. He had hype for fighting Margarito a bit after but even then, Margarito was already defeated before stepping in the ring. Now, was there lots of hype for Mosley vs Berto?

He shouldn't of been there based on inactivity.

I agree with the last part.

Now let's say we change it to a yes with Mosley, that everyone in the public wanted it. Still that's like 50% of the fights fans truly wanted. Last 4 fights, only 1 fight where people truly truly wanted to see.

Comment

Either way, 16 months is 16 months. On top of that, he wasn't prime. He had hype for fighting Margarito a bit after but even then, Margarito was already defeated before stepping in the ring. Now, was there lots of hype for Mosley vs Berto?

He shouldn't of been there based on inactivity.
              You're nitpicking.

Facts.

Mosley was coming off probably the best win of his career(finally got that perfect PED mix for Marg).

Margarito was a 4 to 1 favorite to beat Mosley.

The inactivity was because Mosley couldn't get a fight against Pac or Mayweather and Berto pulled out. Remember Roach wanted Mosley at 142 or some BS.

Mayweather definitely took advantage of Mosley being out for so long but that's what Mayweather always does, he's always looking for an edge.
              ---------

As for the Berto fight yeah people were looking forward to it, Berto was getting pushed hard by HBO and this was sink or swim time. Plus the result had big repercussions in the Floyd/Manny soap opera.

Comment

You're nitpicking.

Facts.

Mosley was coming off probably the best win of his career(finally got that perfect PED mix for Marg).

Margarito was a 4 to 1 favorite to beat Mosley.

The inactivity was because Mosley couldn't get a fight against Pac or Mayweather and Berto pulled out. Remember Roach wanted Mosley at 142 or some BS.

Mayweather definitely took advantage of Mosley being out for so long but that's what Mayweather always does, he's always looking for an edge.
                ---------

As for the Berto fight yeah people were looking forward to it, Berto was getting pushed hard by HBO and this was sink or swim time. Plus the result had big repercussions in the Floyd/Manny soap opera.
                Of course I'm nitpicking. If big good fights were done on a more consistent basis I wouldn't have to. Sometimes we wait for many months for it, I don't know about you but I don't want to be waiting months to a year for something big and good(no ****).

Well tough shit for him. If he really wanted to fight, he could of. You don't necessarily wait for something that isn't probable atm, and if you do, it's a big risk.

Comment

Of course I'm nitpicking. If big good fights were done on a more consistent basis I wouldn't have to. Sometimes we wait for many months for it, I don't know about you but I don't want to be waiting months to a year for something big and good(no ****).

Well tough shit for him. If he really wanted to fight, he could of. You don't necessarily wait for something that isn't probable atm, and if you do, it's a big risk.
                  If the fighters actually demanded the best fights like Canelo boxing would be in a much better place. The problem is Canelo doesn't get praise for what he does because for whatever reason he's still a bum/sucks ects..

Mares did the same thing and GBP tried with everything they could to make the fight with Donaire, a lot of Top Rank fighters for whatever reason hide under Arums skirt. Old Bob gets a pass by the media for shamelessly sheltering his fighters under his iron skirt. I remember old Bob never wanted DLH to fight Quartey or Trinidad, Oscar had to demand the fight like Canelo is doing right now.

The good news is the Floyd vs. Manny hype has died down and they can't just fight anybody to get million+ PPV buys. I know some people are defending Algieri but that bull**** fight isn't doing more then 500k buys imo.

Comment

If the fighters actually demanded the best fights like Canelo boxing would be in a much better place. The problem is Canelo doesn't get praise for what he does because for whatever reason he's still a bum/sucks ects..

Mares did the same thing and GBP tried with everything they could to make the fight with Donaire, a lot of Top Rank fighters for whatever reason hide under Arums skirt. Old Bob gets a pass by the media for shamelessly sheltering his fighters under his iron skirt. I remember old Bob never wanted DLH to fight Quartey or Trinidad, Oscar had to demand the fight like Canelo is doing right now.

The good news is the Floyd vs. Manny hype has died down and they can't just fight anybody to get million+ PPV buys. I know some people are defending Algieri but that bull**** fight isn't doing more then 500k buys imo.
                    Reason why I singled out Mayweather and put more fights under his belt is because he pretty much has no promoter unlike the other 3. He has more freedom with his opponents. If he did have a promoter so to say, then yea, I would of gone easier.

It has and I still find it funny someone thinks I fabricated something with my way of thought.

Boxers are much to blame. Not just singling out Arum.

Comment

He also did the same thing with Trout. He is ALL man, I couldn't have more respect for Canelo, personally.

However, you're being entirely unfair with everything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X