Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with your comparison is tha Lara was a makeble fight and an easy negotiation.

Paquiao's toughest fights are with GBP/Haymon for example. If Canelo was in his shoes would he force everyone to work together?

He deserves props and I love his mentality but its different with the other fighters listed.

Comment

[QUOTE=Check_hooks;14830102]Algeiri is basically Lara with more volume, better footwork and heart and he was not Pacquiao's first option. He wanted Floyd or JMM and both ducked him.

And Pacquiao's last 5 fights were JMM 3, Bradley, JMM 4, Rios and Bradley 2

You won't find a tougher past 5 fights on any fighters resume period[/QUOTE]

Carl Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Lara, someone who doesn't sell, isn't known, and style that could not be eye pleasing.

Canelo risked to make the fight happen. You dudes need to give Canelo his props. However that's not why I'm making this thread. This thread is to call out those boxers that you love and worship, AKA Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather, and Danny Garcia.

Manny Pacquiao could say fuck Algieri, and look for a more notable fight. But no! Instead he chooses to do it, an easy fight. He is a top 5 P4P, at least fucking fight an opponent that's credible. The standards should be raised for boxers at that level.

Miguel Cotto in another fraud excuse of a fight. Now you could say, Mr Fantastic, we don't know yet who he's fighting, you're such a hater gosh! fuck that! We know damn well he's along with Arum are going to choose an easy fight. If you'd noticed Cotto's track history, he always keeps choosing a couple of easy fights before being challenged, in which most of those he comes up short. Lee & Rubio are sorry excuses of a fight. He's not a P4P boxer but the mythical warrior stuff is nothing but horse shit.

Floyd Mayweather, the biggest pussy out of all on the list. As soon as there is a real challenge, he either ducks it, drains it, or retires. Now if he was TBE, wouldn't the standards be raised? Instead he gives us most fights that the public doesn't want to see.

Did the public ask for Maidana rematch? No
        Did they ask for the first fight? No
        Did they ask for a Canelo fight? Yes, and look what he did, like a total hypocrite, he goes and asks for a catch weight.
        Did the public ask for Guerrero? No
        Did the public ask for Cotto? Yes, but it had to take two beatings.
        Did the public ask for Ortiz? No
        Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe and that was with Mosley coming in with a 16+month layoff.
        Did the public ask for Marquez? More on the yes side, and Marquez came up TWO divisions.

Now look at it with closely. Would someone that is a true legend of the sport do that? That looks like a whole bunch of cherries.

Let's continue to Danny Garcia, someone who I am a fan of, even before the Puerto Ricans started dick riding him and putting him on their AVs. He and Canelo share the same promoter but yet unlike Canelo, he continued to go with this fight. Some could say it's Haymon, but GBPs is where he's at. This fight is shit vs Salka! There is no excuse for this cherry pick. Salka isn't even rated and yet the #1 in the division doesn't want to truly test himself.

Now I know people are going to come up with wwaaahhh waaaahhh business sense/ppv bullshit. Just know you're going to walk into a hole with that.
        Don't forget he also asked for the Trout fight at a time where everyone thought Trout was the next big thing.
        He also called and offered Cotto (who's a money fight now) 10 million to fight him and Cotto declined.
        He also had a fight set up with Paul Williams but we know what happened.
        He had a fight with Kirkland and Kirkland backed out.

Canelo might not be the best P4P fighter, but he is definitely not afraid to step into the ring with anyone.

Comment

Canelo really nutted up after he got trout and fought him, happy with how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            He also did the same thing with Trout. He is ALL man, I couldn't have more respect for Canelo, personally.

However, you're being entirely unfair with everything else.
            With the current picture, no I'm not being entirely unfair. Overall however, I can see what you mean.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            The problem with your comparison is tha Lara was a makeble fight and an easy negotiation.

Paquiao's toughest fights are with GBP/Haymon for example. If Canelo was in his shoes would he force everyone to work together?

He deserves props and I love his mentality but its different with the other fighters listed.
            Canelo made it makable and easier. He could of just gone to his diva ways and we wouldn't of never saw it.

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
            Don't forget he also asked for the Trout fight at a time where everyone thought Trout was the next big thing.
            He also called and offered Cotto (who's a money fight now) 10 million to fight him and Cotto declined.
            He also had a fight set up with Paul Williams but we know what happened.
            He had a fight with Kirkland and Kirkland backed out.

Canelo might not be the best P4P fighter, but he is definitely not afraid to step into the ring with anyone.
            I know what you mean and I agree. I just wished the other 4 guys I mentioned would of done something similar. Unfortunately we didn't and now we have to rely on Hopkins(out of all people) for a decent fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Algeiri is basically Lara with more volume, better footwork and heart and he was not Pacquiao's first option. He wanted Floyd or JMM and both ducked him.

And Pacquiao's last 5 fights were JMM 3, Bradley, JMM 4, Rios and Bradley 2

You won't find a tougher past 5 fights on any fighters resume period
              Youre fycking hilarious in youre, "Dont you talk about mah maaaaan" attitude. Algieri isnt better than Lara in footwork or heart. Hearts about even but rewatch the Angulo fight. Perro dropped American dream twice and Lara still counter punched him all night. I do think Algieri isnt getting the respect he deserves though. Its not a ppv fight to me but a solid fight and a bad style for Pacquiao. Manny will truly fight anybody.

Comment

Canelo Lara could have been a good fight but Lara ran and Canelo can't cut off the ring for ****. Angulo did that's why he did more damage to him than Lara. Besides who was Canelo going to fight if it wasn't Lara on ppv????

Comment

lies. canelo avoided lara for two years. only when no other good options existed did he finally decided to fight lara.

and lara was robbed. shameful.

Comment

Canelos takes up the school of DLH "fight the best, no cherrypicking bull****"

Fought Lara
                    Fought Trout after he dominated Cotto
                    Offered to fight Cotto, Cotto picked Sergio(age/injuires, no surprise from Cotto)
                    Fought Mayweather
                    Offered to fight The Punisher then the accident happened (surprised Cotto aint called to check on his status yet)
                    Was in line to fight Ortiz but then Josesito happened

If Canelo keeps this up, he will be well respected among boxing fans

Cotto's cherrypicking ass can go s*** a d*** if he fights Rubio/Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      Lara, someone who doesn't sell, isn't known, and style that could not be eye pleasing.

Canelo risked to make the fight happen. You dudes need to give Canelo his props. However that's not why I'm making this thread. This thread is to call out those boxers that you love and worship, AKA Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather, and Danny Garcia.

Manny Pacquiao could say fuck Algieri, and look for a more notable fight. But no! Instead he chooses to do it, an easy fight. He is a top 5 P4P, at least fucking fight an opponent that's credible. The standards should be raised for boxers at that level.

Miguel Cotto in another fraud excuse of a fight. Now you could say, Mr Fantastic, we don't know yet who he's fighting, you're such a hater gosh! fuck that! We know damn well he's along with Arum are going to choose an easy fight. If you'd noticed Cotto's track history, he always keeps choosing a couple of easy fights before being challenged, in which most of those he comes up short. Lee & Rubio are sorry excuses of a fight. He's not a P4P boxer but the mythical warrior stuff is nothing but horse shit.

Floyd Mayweather, the biggest pussy out of all on the list. As soon as there is a real challenge, he either ducks it, drains it, or retires. Now if he was TBE, wouldn't the standards be raised? Instead he gives us most fights that the public doesn't want to see.

Did the public ask for Maidana rematch? No
                      Did they ask for the first fight? No
                      Did they ask for a Canelo fight? Yes, and look what he did, like a total hypocrite, he goes and asks for a catch weight.
                      Did the public ask for Guerrero? No
                      Did the public ask for Cotto? Yes, but it had to take two beatings.
                      Did the public ask for Ortiz? No
                      Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe and that was with Mosley coming in with a 16+month layoff.
                      Did the public ask for Marquez? More on the yes side, and Marquez came up TWO divisions.

Now look at it with closely. Would someone that is a true legend of the sport do that? That looks like a whole bunch of cherries.

Let's continue to Danny Garcia, someone who I am a fan of, even before the Puerto Ricans started dick riding him and putting him on their AVs. He and Canelo share the same promoter but yet unlike Canelo, he continued to go with this fight. Some could say it's Haymon, but GBPs is where he's at. This fight is shit vs Salka! There is no excuse for this cherry pick. Salka isn't even rated and yet the #1 in the division doesn't want to truly test himself.

Now I know people are going to come up with wwaaahhh waaaahhh business sense/ppv bullshit. Just know you're going to walk into a hole with that.
                      Woulda, shoulda, Coulda, STFU dude!

How convenient he criticizes every nationslity but one. Wich one would that be? take a guess?

Comment

Working...
                      X