Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Pac wobbled Rios whole body and had him cautious to engage, I don't think anyone can give a beating to Rios like Pac did. It was 12-0 shut out and not just outpointing him but beating him down.

Cotto you got me there if he faces Lee or Rubio after saying GGG is not a star then thats BS.

Floyd fight Marquez then or now the result will be the same. Stylistically JMM has no chance, Floyd also did not use his weight advantage agaisnt JMM in the 1st fight he outboxed him, so i dont think that mattered, result would be the same even if JMM was this PED user as people claim he is now.

How should Floyd face now at WW besides Maidana? Maidana only got dominated by Alexander and thats because of his wanting to quit at that time and Alexanders hit hold tactics worked he had like over 100 clinches in that fight, Floyd doesn't fight like that.
    Brandon Rios is pure garbage, Pac should of KO'ed him imo. Rios wasnt even a top 10 light welterweight fighter when he went up to welterweight for Pac, it baffles me that people talk about this brandon rios character as if he is a factor or even relevant for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      "Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe."

More like, "Did the public ask for Mosley? YES."
      lol, they where calling Floyd scared when Mosley confronted him and he stared his usual stuttering, even Roach said he wouldn't fight Mosley (who he wanted to drain because Mosley was still to good as he says) or Breto on espn and said he'd probably fight someone like Malignaggi.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Algeiri threw 993 punches vs Prov

Lara threw 386 vs Canelo

Algeiri danced while Lara ran, Footwork goes to Algeiri

Algeiri fought 11 rounds with a busted eye and was getting off first against imo the hardest hitting puncher at 140. Lara got a little cut in the 5th round against Canelo and was running for dear life, Heart goes to Algeiri

And theres no question that if JMM or Floyd said yes, this fight wouldn't be happening

Do you have evidence that proves my post is dumb or are you just gonna resort to name calling as a deflection tactic?
        Lara is a much better quality of opponent for anyone than Algieri though. Provo was there to be hit unlike Canelo. I see what you're trying to do however it doesn't justify how much of a **** fight it is vs Pac.

I did give you your props on the second portion of your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Yea let's forget how easily people forget things in boxing. The hype didn't start till it was signed. Before that, the public wasn't screaming Mosley/Mayweather. Maybe a thread here and there before that on here too. The attention was on Pacquiao.
          "The hype didn't start till it was signed"

Well that's just complete revisionist history if I ever saw it.

How about when he announced his comeback in March 2009 and everyone said he was ducking him? Or how about when he got in the ring after Marquez and called him out face to face and everyone said he was scared to death.

After Mosley beat Margarito and the actual day Floyd announced his comeback there was huge demand for the Mosley fight. Huge demand.

Comment

lol, they where calling Floyd scared when Mosley confronted him and he stared his usual stuttering, even Roach said he wouldn't fight Mosley (who he wanted to drain because Mosley was still to good as he says) or Breto on espn and said he'd probably fight someone like Malignaggi.
            Mosley was not the same fighter. He was there at the right time for the picking.

Comment

Yeah I remember that interview with Brian Kenny.

"Will Floyd fight Mosley?"

Roach "No way".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                Mosley was not the same fighter. He was there at the right time for the picking.
                Once again that's what you call revisionist history.

At the time new as considered possibly one of the most dangerous opponents of Floyds career.

Comment

"The hype didn't start till it was signed"

Well that's just complete revisionist history if I ever saw it.

How about when he announced his comeback in March 2009 and everyone said he was ducking him? Or how about when he got in the ring after Marquez and called him out face to face and everyone said he was scared to death.

After Mosley beat Margarito and the actual day Floyd announced his comeback there was huge demand for the Mosley fight. Huge demand.
                  He confronted him, and? Might of been hyped here and there for a bit and then it died, just like majority of boxing related stuff. You fail to realize the public's attention span. Why do you think this sport and MMA are titled "you're only as good as your last fight"?

No there wasn't. The attention was on Pacquiao much more than Mosley when Floyd announced his comeback. That's because everyone and their mom wanted to see that fight.

Now I know what you're trying to do, smart but even if we were to put "yes" on there, there is still a lot of "no".
                  Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 08-06-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Once again that's what you call revisionist history.

At the time new as considered possibly one of the most dangerous opponents of Floyds career.
                    Iron-Damn- Hands, going for the damn-KO!

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
                      Brandon Rios is pure garbage, Pac should of KO'ed him imo. Rios wasnt even a top 10 light welterweight fighter when he went up to welterweight for Pac, it baffles me that people talk about this brandon rios character as if he is a factor or even relevant for that matter.
                      I'm not saying Rios is some great win, but after the Chaves fight and Alvardo fight, also the Abril fight, its evident noone will do to Rios what Pac did not even Floyd. Rios lost to Alvarado who's face after the fight looked like Rios won, Abril was a **** fight, and Chaves who Rios still kept coming forward, remember Chaves was up on some scorecards before the Thurman KO and stunned Thurman. Pac ****ed up Rios face and had him not engaging he was rattling Rios whole body no one will do that. Pac was unmarked after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X