No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juanb100 View Post
    Cotton and mayweather are COMPLETELY different levels.....
    I disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      I disagree...
      Only Ward and Rigondeaux are on Mayweathers Level and they are nowhere near his weight class. Cotto is nowhere near Mayweathers Level. Mayweather will retire Undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        Only Ward and Rigondeaux are on Mayweathers Level and they are nowhere near his weight class. Cotto is nowhere near Mayweathers Level. Mayweather will retire Undefeated.
        He won rounds clearly off Floyd. I see winning the MW title has brought the KING zero respect on here.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          you guys are right...Cotto should fight GGG instead
          Amen. GGG vs Cotto is more exciting than Canelo vs Cotto. GGG vs just about anyone relevant is entertaining.

Comment

Floyd on Canelo Cotto

Canelo is a strong fighter but Cotto is a strong strong fighter, in other words a whole other level

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              He won rounds clearly off Floyd. I see winning the MW title has brought the KING zero respect on here.
              He only won round 6 and 8.

118-110 Mayweather.

Comment

I don't see what Cotto brings that can beat Canelo. I really believe fans are hyped on Cotto because of what he did to Martinez and the fact that he is with Roach. Canelo is not old with a bum knee. I hope this fight happens. When it does someone bet me some points. Got mine on gingerkid.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                  If it were happen, Canelo should be favorite. Cotto hasen't proven anything in his last couple of fights to be favorite.
                  Donkey of the month^

Comment

Canelo is going to destroy both Kirkland and Cotto in the next 2 fights that will put him in the top 5 ring magazine

Comment

I agree. Canelo is somewhat limited in the athletic department. Cotto is the more skilled, experienced and seasoned professional of the two. However, where Canelo overcompensates for these disadvantages are in the physical department.

He is naturally longer, wider and stronger than Cotto with a better chin and with arguably faster hands too. However, Cotto may have the close advantage in terms of punching power. Also, both have equal stamina issues; Especially Cotto. Once he's spent he hardly gets a second wind. When his punches begin to lose steam he usually shuts down.

One last observation, Canelo is more of a boxer/counter puncher who is better adept at fighting in the center of the ring and off the back foot. Whereas, Cotto is more of a boxer/puncher who strength lies in fighting off the front foot. Unless Miguel is able to land something hard and hurt Ginger, then he is going to get stopped because he will leave him self vulnerable to lot of fast counters.

Cotto best bet is try to outbox Saul off the back foot by avoiding the exchanges and attempting to catch Alvarez with counters of his own while coming in if he wants to survive the fight. However, that is going to require a lot of stamina and energy on his part; Especially if he is unable to hurt Canelo .

Comment

Working...
                      X