Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel their styles will make for a great fight. Cotto most likely wins. Winner vs Lara!!!

Comment

These are my 2 favorite fighters and I would love to see this fight. I've got mad respect for Cotto and I am a big fan but I have been saying forever I think Canelo is a bad for Cotto based on there styles.

Cotto is not gonna run like Lara and he doesn't box and move like Trout and Floyd. These are the only types of fighters that give Canelo trouble. Cotto is a better boxer but not a natural boxer,and at the end of the day he is gonna be right in front of Canelo trying to work the body, and I think that is bad for him.

I'm not saying Canelo wins and it would be an awesome fight but I think Canelo would be able to make it a war, and Cotto may start boxing but I don't see him being able to stick to that for the entire fight.

Canelo is the bigger,stronger, younger guy and if Cotto ends up in a fire fight and in range I think it's a bad style for Cotto. Especially if it happens next year and it ends up being at MW because I don't see Canelo making 154 much longer!!!

Once again awesome fight hope it happens soon, and my 2 fvorite fighters, I just think the style is all wrong for Cotto. I don't wanna see either guy lose but outside of Pac/Floyd which is never happening. It's the next biggest fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
        These are my 2 favorite fighters and I would love to see this fight. I've got mad respect for Cotto and I am a big fan but I have been saying forever I think Canelo is a bad for Cotto based on there styles.

Cotto is not gonna run like Lara and he doesn't box and move like Trout and Floyd. These are the only types of fighters that give Canelo trouble. Cotto is a better boxer but not a natural boxer,and at the end of the day he is gonna be right in front of Canelo trying to work the body, and I think that is bad for him.

I'm not saying Canelo wins and it would be an awesome fight but I think Canelo would be able to make it a war, and Cotto may start boxing but I don't see him being able to stick to that for the entire fight.

Canelo is the bigger,stronger, younger guy and if Cotto ends up in a fire fight and in range I think it's a bad style for Cotto. Especially if it happens next year and it ends up being at MW because I don't see Canelo making 154 much longer!!!

Once again awesome fight hope it happens soon, and my 2 fvorite fighters, I just think the style is all wrong for Cotto. I don't wanna see either guy lose but outside of Pac/Floyd which is never happening. It's the next biggest fight.

is it me or have you already posted this somewhere else?

Comment

canelo crushes cotto.

cotto doesnt stand up well to punishment. he's very fragile.

he's been stunned, knocked down, hurt, and put out in almost every division he's been in.

canelo and GGG are all wrong for cotto. get the biggest money fight miguel and call it a day. he wont last long at 160 if he has to fight canelo or GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
            is it me or have you already posted this somewhere else?
            yea i did i just didn't have the time to rehash all the points again lol!!!! Will come with mor eif the fight matrerializes, which i hope it does sooner than later

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              you guys are right...Cotto should fight GGG instead
              WHY? The money is with a Floyd fight in NY he can have more ricans than Puerto rico supporting him and to beat the #1 P4P is more of an accomplishment than beating GGG. Just saying and with his weight he probably thinks he can beat floyd. His highest payday was against Floyd. Its a no brainer, Middleweight Championship fight in Ny, Ny. Floyd vs Cotto Barclays May 2015. the live gate and ppv #'s would set records. Cotto isnt stupid he's near the end of his career and the money made from this would set his great grandchildren for their lives, and if he can pull off the win.....its a much bigger thing than beating GGG, they will say GGG never had competition the level of Cotto easy decision
              Last edited by MRCHOKEaMF; 07-15-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Flat footed, telegraphs his punches, cant cut the ring and doesnt bring anything Cotto has never seen before. I think Cotto wins by TKO and dismantles Canelo.
                Question, who has Cotto fought outside of the two obvious guys that beat his ass (Pac Floyd) that puts there punches together as well or better than a Saul Alvarez? Legit question.

Comment

Cotton and mayweather are COMPLETELY different levels.....

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Canelo has only been at this level once and he got undressed by Floyd. Cotto breaks him down with skill and stops him with his power.

Comment

canelo brings paid judges. Nothing else. Guy is a overrated hype job. No chance he beats cotto without help on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      Flat footed, telegraphs his punches, cant cut the ring and doesnt bring anything Cotto has never seen before. I think Cotto wins by TKO and dismantles Canelo.
                      I'm pretty certain that your critique of Canelo is based on an actual unbiased and completely neutral assessment of their various skill sets, and not just because you're a Cotto fan and thus automatically disrespect and devalue any prospective opponent of someone whom you like.

The ironic thing is, everything you say about Canelo after his fight with Lara could also have been applied to Cotto after his fight with Austin Trout, who humiliated him.

Based on his dismal performance against Trout, I wonder how Cotto would have coped with Lara?

I'm guessing that Cotto would have dominated him, what with his ability to cut off the ring, not telegraph his punches, and not be flat footed.

Which begs the questions, why did Cotto struggle so much with someone that Canelo was able to beat, and why did Canelo have far less trouble with Lara, who did two hundred victory laps of the ring before the scores were even announced and who is a vastly more difficult fighter to fight against than trout, if Canelo is so poor compared to Cotto?

Comment

Working...
                      X