Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto would have to stay on his toes and use movement..if not Canelo gets a chance to let his hands go...but Cotto should be the favorite to win

Comment

I think it will be a great fight.

I think Canelo wins but it won't be easy. I'm just dying to see it I hope it happens.

Comment

cotto would throw and land his bread and butter left hook and it would be lights out.

Comment

If it were happen, Canelo should be favorite. Cotto hasen't proven anything in his last couple of fights to be favorite.

Comment

Cotto right now would get his **** pushed in by Canelo what can he really do ? Bang with him ? That wont end well for him, and he doesnt box well enough on his backfoot to win most rounds like Lara did. What would the winning gameplan be ?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Flat footed, telegraphs his punches, cant cut the ring and doesnt bring anything Cotto has never seen before. I think Cotto wins by TKO and dismantles Canelo.

This is one of those fights that has to happen, from what i have seen I would love for it to happen on may next year. obviously cotto fans think canelo will be easy work but likewise with canelo fans. If i had to lean towards a pick i would go with canelo. I just dont see how cotto will deal with the body work and power canelo brings. theres a reason why lara ran.

Comment

Cotto would finish the job his brother couldn't.

Comment

I think Cotto would be the favorite to win. Canelo isn't as skilled as Cotto

Comment

Several months ago I would have picked Canelo easy, but if the Martinez fight is any indication (minus Martinez's obvious knee injury), then Cotto takes Canelo. He's fighting with a certain toughness and killer instinct that I haven't seen in years. This new Cotto seems to come out to destroy with a varied attack, excellent foot and head movement, and smart pressure. Canelo is still the real deal, but I think Cotto beats him with experience. Canelo's body attack and uppercut are the biggest factors to his game. His footwork needs work and he can be hit repeatedly by a good jab, which Cotto has one of the best of. Cotto via decision.

Comment

Size, handspeed, and good boxing skills. His offensive game will do a number on Cotto, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X