No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrspecial321 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that your critique of Canelo is based on an actual unbiased and completely neutral assessment of their various skill sets, and not just because you're a Cotto fan and thus automatically disrespect and devalue any prospective opponent of someone whom you like.

The ironic thing is, everything you say about Canelo after his fight with Lara could also have been applied to Cotto after his fight with Austin Trout, who humiliated him.

Based on his dismal performance against Trout, I wonder how Cotto would have coped with Lara?

I'm guessing that Cotto would have dominated him, what with his ability to cut off the ring, not telegraph his punches, and not be flat footed.

Which begs the questions, why did Cotto struggle so much with someone that Canelo was able to beat, and why did Canelo have far less trouble with Lara, who did two hundred victory laps of the ring before the scores were even announced and who is a vastly more difficult fighter to fight against than trout, if Canelo is so poor compared to Cotto?
    Triangle theory now? That doesnt work in boxing. People think Cotto just comes foward and attacks but hen he is ON he comes foward with angles and behind a cannon jab that lands with high% and like a power shot. Everyone is crazy to think Canelo will come foward trying to land body shots all the time like he did against Lara considering the power and accuracy Cotto will hit him with.

I expect Canelo to turn in to a counter puncher like he did against Floyd once Cotto hits him. Because none of his last opponents can prepare him for the power he will face from Cotto.

Comment

I think Cotto and Canelo would be a good fight. In the end, I see Cotto getting the win. Cotto has more skills and is a way smarter fighter.

Comment

Hand Speed and Youth!

Are people coming down too hard on Canelo for looking bad against Lara and Mayweather? Two styles that less be honest, not many look good against to begin with.

Since people like to compare Canelo and Oscar Careers I guess Lara was Canelo's Trinidad fight, well I think this fight for him will be like Oscar fighting Chavez Sr. Canelo catching Cotto at the RIGHT TIME. I like Canelo winning Impressively like I posted in another post. Yeah I probably will be going for Cotto if they fight because I usually do but I think Canelo shuts up his haters with Make Up performance. But he has his relentless Critics now too so if he wins they too will say Cotto was old who beat a Old and Washed Up Sergio Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
          Donkey of the month^
          Why should Cotto be favorite then jackass?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            Triangle theory now? That doesnt work in boxing. People think Cotto just comes foward and attacks but hen he is ON he comes foward with angles and behind a cannon jab that lands with high% and like a power shot. Everyone is crazy to think Canelo will come foward trying to land body shots all the time like he did against Lara considering the power and accuracy Cotto will hit him with.

I expect Canelo to turn in to a counter puncher like he did against Floyd once Cotto hits him. Because none of his last opponents can prepare him for the power he will face from Cotto.
            Canelo is naturally a counter puncher. Shocking you would make a thread involving a fighter you seem to know little about.

Comment

cotto has no chance against avarez

Comment

this is a true 50/50 fight with guaranteed action between 2 of the 4 biggest names in the sport. thats why we all want to see it.

i'd favor cotto slightly.

Comment

The judges

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Flat footed, telegraphs his punches, cant cut the ring and doesnt bring anything Cotto has never seen before. I think Cotto wins by TKO and dismantles Canelo.
                    Man, this is a fun fight to imagine.

Nelo has youth, size, a solid chin, and some sneaky power. He is a good body puncher. He is effective with those sneaky uppercuts. He also has a good right hand.

Cotto has great footwork/movement, quickness, power, high boxing IQ. Let's not forget Cotto's excellent jab and body punching. Cotto's also got that great left hook. Cotto also has a pretty durable chin, I've never seen him snoring before. When he gets beat it's usually after taking some serious punishment but also after he's dished it out too.

I can imagine Nelo walking Cotto down (like against Lara, I was impressed to see that approach) and getting tagged with the jab and some combinations early. But Nelo has a pretty solid chin too, so he wouldn't be going anywhere. If Nelo can slow Cotto down with some body punching, it could get interesting.

I really hope this fight happens.
                    Last edited by BoxingLaw; 07-15-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

My two favorite fighters at the moment. That would be such a good match! 50-50, with the experience factor heavily in Cotto's favor! Set it up GBP

Comment

Working...
                      X