Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana not allowed to wear house hair gloves for rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
    Different times... There is a lot more acceptance for testing. Back then, it was almost unheard of or never brought up.
    That is a complete lie. Unless you're living under a rock the PED issue has been at the forefront of sports media in the western world since like 2003. Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, it goes on and on. I can understand it being a "new" issue to places that don't give a **** about baseball or the Tour de France, but it is unfathomable to be in the US, UK, France, etc... and not have heard about all these designer PEDs long before Pacquiao's meteoric rise to superstardom.

Comment

What acceptance for testing?
      To date, no one is taking the testing anymore...

Comment

Floyd was scared... and tried to dictate all the terms to another A-side fighter. There was no basis for the accusations.

Pretty much all the great former and HOF boxers agree, Floyd's move was posturing. They backed Manny in his stance... "who the $#%# is the guy to dictate to Manny". Making accusations like that was not common, and there was no basis for it...Other than Manny beating people up.
        Ill give you basis.

Roach is on record saying Ariza is a shady guy who gave stuff to his fighters and would never let him know what he was giving them.

I think that logically if you gain a reputation as a "shady" guy, you earn it over time. And I dont think Roach is the only one who had that opinion about Ariza.

In other words, Floyd may have heard through the grapevine that Manny was on PEDs. Of course, Manny's rise through the divisions and how he accomplished it had alot to do with it as well.

At the end of the day this is boxing, not politics. If somebody accuses you, insults you or whatever, you get in the ring with them and you make them pay.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          That is a complete lie. Unless you're living under a rock the PED issue has been at the forefront of sports media in the western world since like 2003. Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, it goes on and on. I can understand it being a "new" issue to places that don't give a **** about baseball or the Tour de France, but it is unfathomable to be in the US, UK, France, etc... and not have heard about all these designer PEDs long before Pacquiao's meteoric rise to superstardom.
          Well, in boxing, demands for extra testing wasn't there.

Even then, PAC agreed to a cut off date and urine/blood testing right after the fight. PAC's case was that he thought losing blood would make him weak. His cut off date choice and after fight testing, goes along with his story that he was worried about losing blood.

Mayweather still wanted none of it. PAC asking for a cut-off and after fight testing was a fair compromise considering those times. Floyd was just being an @ss. Bottom line, he didn't want the fight.

Comment

He's talking about in boxing. When Floyd starting making demands about blood testing it was left-field.

If he wasn't scared of Pac, where were the demands for Gatti, De La hoya and Hatton to take tests? he was shook, he still is, even where testing is not an issue anymore.

It's weird reading seemingly intelligent people break their backs to defend this little asshole.

Comment

Well, in boxing, demands for extra testing wasn't there.

Even then, PAC agreed to a cut off date and urine/blood testing right after the fight. PAC's case was that he thought losing blood would make him weak. His cut off date choice and after fight testing, goes along with his story that he was worried about losing blood.

Mayweather still wanted none of it. PAC asking for a cut-off and after fight testing was a fair compromise considering those times. Floyd was just being an @ss. Bottom line, he didn't want the fight.
              Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              He's talking about in boxing. When Floyd starting making demands about blood testing it was left-field.

If he wasn't scared of Pac, where were the demands for Gatti, De La hoya and Hatton to take tests? he was shook, he still is, even where testing is not an issue anymore.

It's weird reading seemingly intelligent people break their backs to defend this little asshole.
              Athletes across all types of sports were getting busted left and right throughout the past decade, including Olympic boxing (many by USADA). Nobody knew Pacquiao was going to run from testing. Hell, Floyd could have been using testing demands for leverage but that still wouldn't mean he knew pac would run away. They were in the contract from day one. It didn't become an issue until Team Pac found out how comprehensive the testing was going to be. It's Floyd's fault Manny ran away from the biggest fight of his career over drug testing. That makes sense how?

Floyd can be a wife beater, degenerate gambler, cherrypicker and all these other things, but that doesn't make Manny any less suspicious for running away from a fight over drug testing. That was a huge red flag for me as well as many others.
              Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 07-12-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Athletes across all types of sports were getting busted left and right throughout the past decade, including Olympic boxing (many by USADA). Nobody knew Pacquiao was going to run from testing. Hell, Floyd could have been using testing demands for leverage but that still wouldn't mean he knew pac would run away. They were in the contract from day one. It didn't become an issue until Team Pac found out how comprehensive the testing was going to be. It's Floyd's fault Manny ran away from the biggest fight of his career over drug testing. That makes sense how?

Floyd can be a wife beater, degenerate gambler, cherry picker and all these other things, but that doesn't make Manny any less suspicious for running away from a fight over drug testing. That was a huge red flag for me as well as many others.
                Honestly, i think it was more a pride thing, do you really see any change in Pac? i don't think he was on ped's IMO.

Comment

This all gloves drama is but a tool to sell the fight.

It's not like Malignaggi would be knocking people out right and left if he wore different gloves.

Nor will Maidana become feather fisted, the gloves don't make a huge difference, they are still 8oz .

Floyd , as most A sides, is a Diva , what's so surprising about it?.

But more than the model of one's gloves i expect Mayweather to make demands on ring size and/or referee. That will have much more impact than gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Honestly, i think it was more a pride thing, do you really see any change in Pac? i don't think he was on ped's IMO.
                    If they had come out and said it was a pride thing right away, that would be another story. Instead they treated us to a litany of excuses each dumber and more outlandish than the last. It was hilarious watching the pacfans have to defend a new lauaghably stupid position every other day back then. It wasn't until months later it was a "pride" thing.

In my opinion he is an obvious EPO user, in a gym known for training juiced fighters in the past. Just because a bunch of huge pacfans have spent the last four years spamming the internet agreeing with each other doesn't change the opinion of others. Look at TKO6, people are still arguing about it over 10 years later. Pacquiao forever tarnished his image to many by ducking the test, just like Floyd hurt his by not having the Pac fight.

Comment

PAC agreed to random testing up to 14 days before the fight... and post-fight testing.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10269.html

PAC had a fear losing blood close to the fight would make him weaker. He had blood taken from him a few days before the Morales fight. (Because of a missing blood sample). Rightly or wrongly, excuse or not, PAC thinks it could have factored in making him weaker. On top of that, he says he's afraid of needles.

That's a mental issue. and Pac stuck to his belief. The 14 day cutoff and strict post-fight testing was a reasonable compromise. Floyd shot it down or completely ignored it.
                      Last edited by Strategic1; 07-12-2014, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X