Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana not allowed to wear house hair gloves for rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he going to start crying out for 16oz Winning gloves next?
    He cleaning up da sport doe!

Thank God he only has 3 more fights left, good riddance.

Comment

While this is a pretty weak move by Floyd I think an important question is, why do gloves that actively give you an advantage in punching power exist in the first place?

Surely there's something wrong with that?

Comment

Well that officially ruins this fight for me. Man what a little hoe. Heck china chinned Khan didn't even make that demand

Comment

Is SRL , Oscars legacy tarnished because they used their power to dictate terms of fights to their advantage ? What about Cotto flexing on Martinez, A-sides lay out the terms.

I didn't like the way the last glove incident went down but that's boxing. If the B sides want the fight they'll concede to the demands. Canelo conceded to Maywesthers demands of 152 , Now he's the name and making it a 155 fight with Lara.

Get the sand out of your vag!.nas and get ready for the Canelo / Lara fight tomorrow.

Comment

What kind of gloves is Cotto wearing here? I can't see properly and need some help...

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Is SRL , Oscars legacy tarnished because they used their power to dictate terms of fights to their advantage ? What about Cotto flexing on Martinez, A-sides lay out the terms.

I didn't like the way the last glove incident went down but that's boxing. If the B sides want the fight they'll concede to the demands. Canelo conceded to Maywesthers demands of 152 , Now he's the name and making it a 155 fight with Lara.

Get the sand out of your vag!.nas and get ready for the Canelo / Lara fight tomorrow.
              Show me where any of those fighters made it so the opposing fighter couldn't wear certain gloves on account of his punching power. I'll wait.

Comment

Now FMJr will use the "gloves issue" in order to sell the fight -- till the fight night, suspense will reign over the horsehair or foam padding...

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                  For pacquiao he will be picking pacs trainers and diet. This dude is scared of maidanas power
                  Trainer, diet, promoter and wife (something incidentally Mayweather has never had)

Its a disgrace to all of a sudden choose ridiculous stipulations into the fight, I didn't see many others make a big fuss over it?
                  Does the greatest of all time really... REALLY need to pick stupid things like this?

Maidana should reject this match at the last possible second and have Mayweather suffer what Khan did.
                  How you can show a man any respect for what he did in May is waaaay beyond me, its disrespectful...
                  Mayweather is basically telling everyone that he is bigger than the sport and that he makes the rules, in honesty Mayweather should of been fined for what he did last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    What kind of gloves is Cotto wearing here? I can't see properly and need some help...

Everlasts Durex - extra, extra, extra protection

Comment

To be honest the gloves issue is a small, but relevant one.

Floyd uses every trick he can pull of to gain each small advantage.

All these small advantages add up and really do give him an edge on his opponents.

Basically he picks them, then applies all the caveats to help him - catch weights, gloves, testing, venue etc.

With Maidana I think he respected Maidana's power and knew he would be at his most dangerous (KO risk) during the early rounds, so Floyd made him use a more padded glove to help him through. Ironically horse hair gloves are thinner as the fights gets longer - the hair compresses unlike foam which retains its shape.

I think Floyd knew if he survived the first half of the fight, the second half would be easy - and it was (pretty much).

All this TMT 'Money, Power, Respect' BS is just basically killing the sport of boxing.

500k PPV doe, numbers don't lie doe, rinse and repeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X