Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana not allowed to wear house hair gloves for rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just shows that Floyd likes to dictate to other fighters. And this stupid posturing hurt the Floyd-PAC negotiations.

Floyd asking for for OSDT for PAC with no precedent was an indirect sign that Floyd was scared.

Same thing here, Floyd is scared to get hurt with Maidana's choice of gloves.

Comment

If Floyd is scared why fight him again? Think about that. If he was scared to fight he wouldn't fight. Why would he be afraid when he as never been on his ass? Why is a ridiculous demand to ask for blood tests in a combat sport. Do you think it means more i baseball that boxing?

Did you think it was a ridiculous demand for Manny to ask for 10 million for every pound Floyd came in over weight?

Comment

not surprising, lots of big name fighters do that. nobody said **** when morales made maidana wear winnings, the glove that is actually known as the pillow glove. maidana hasnt been forced to wear pillow gloves against floyd, the gloves he wore in the first fight was considered the number two punchers glove behind reyes until everlast came out with their punchers glove (the one maidana wanted to wear). so that was more of a punchers glove than what he ended up wearing, but the ones he wore were in no way a pillow glove. nobody said **** when oscar made floyd wear a different pair of gloves than he wanted either.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
          This just shows that Floyd likes to dictate to other fighters. And this stupid posturing hurt the Floyd-PAC negotiations.

Floyd asking for for OSDT for PAC with no precedent was an indirect sign that Floyd was scared.

Same thing here, Floyd is scared to get hurt with Maidana's choice of gloves.
          Except, you know...Hearns accusing Leonard of steroid abuse and testing stipulations for the original Tyson Holyfield fight. Oh yeah, it has also been over a decade since the BALCO scandal. Now I'm a Floyd fan and all but I'm pretty sure a decade puts us back further than 2010. I guess Manny was scared of Rios just like Hearns and Tyson were scared. Unprecedented my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            not surprising, lots of big name fighters do that. nobody said **** when morales made maidana wear winnings, the glove that is actually known as the pillow glove. maidana hasnt been forced to wear pillow gloves against floyd, the gloves he wore in the first fight was considered the number two punchers glove behind reyes until everlast came out with their punchers glove (the one maidana wanted to wear). so that was more of a punchers glove than what he ended up wearing, but the ones he wore were in no way a pillow glove. nobody said **** when oscar made floyd wear a different pair of gloves than he wanted either.
            The gloves he used against Mayweather were the same ones that Canelo demolished Angulo with.

Comment

This is the type of stuff that makes floyd zoo hated, he is gifted, but a coward, and that is the worst type of coward

Comment

Not interested anymore in such fights.
                As long as some particular gloves are legal, no other argument prevails.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Except, you know...Hearns accusing Leonard of steroid abuse and testing stipulations for the original Tyson Holyfield fight. Oh yeah, it has also been over a decade since the BALCO scandal. Now I'm a Floyd fan and all but I'm pretty sure a decade puts us back further than 2010. I guess Manny was scared of Rios just like Hearns and Tyson were scared. Unprecedented my ass.
                  Floyd was scared... and tried to dictate all the terms to another A-side fighter. There was no basis for the accusations.

Pretty much all the great former and HOF boxers agree, Floyd's move was posturing. They backed Manny in his stance... "who the $#%# is the guy to dictate to Manny". Making accusations like that was not common, and there was no basis for it...Other than Manny beating people up.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                    Floyd was scared... and tried to dictate all the terms to another A-side fighter. There was no basis for the accusations.

Pretty much all the great former and HOF boxers agree, Floyd's move was posturing. They backed Manny in his stance... "who the $#%# is the guy to dictate to Manny". Making accusations like that was not common, and there was no basis for it...Other than Manny beating people up.
                    I'm glad you agree Manny was scared of Rios and trying to duck him asking for testing. Good for Rios for calling the bluff on that road blocking coward Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      I'm glad you agree Manny was scared of Rios and trying to duck him asking for testing. Good for Rios for calling the bluff on that road blocking coward Manny.
                      Different times... There is a lot more acceptance for testing. Back then, it was almost unheard of or never brought up.

Comment

Working...
                      X