No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Kovalev has power but it takes more than that to beat an ATG like Hopkins. The old man makes his way up the ranks as a top 10 ATG with this victory.
    Exactly, if Hopkins can continue to be effective with his style at this age he could win easily. Kov is a puncher and has some skills and big balls. But if Hopkins fights his usual spoiler tactics we likely end up with him pot shotting Kov. to death. Maybe it heats up near the end when Hopkins senses a weakening but I think it will be a boringly frustrating fight.

Oh and this fight has next to no impact on Bhops ATG status. The guy is way up the list already.

Comment

If Hopkins beats Kovalev I will literally laugh. I will literally laugh if I see both of then in the ring together.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        Exactly, if Hopkins can continue to be effective with his style at this age he could win easily. Kov is a puncher and has some skills and big balls. But if Hopkins fights his usual spoiler tactics we likely end up with him pot shotting Kov. to death. Maybe it heats up near the end when Hopkins senses a weakening but I think it will be a boringly frustrating fight.

Oh and this fight has next to no impact on Bhops ATG status. The guy is way up the list already.
        If Hopkins is losing rounds to Tavoris Cloud and Karo Murat, there isn't a chance in hell he easily beats Kovalev. He might be able to spoil and frustrate his way to a decision win, but he'd have a hard time of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          If Hopkins is losing rounds to Tavoris Cloud and Karo Murat, there isn't a chance in hell he easily beats Kovalev. He might be able to spoil and frustrate his way to a decision win, but he'd have a hard time of it.
          Murat is a quality opponent, and styles make fights, it really wouldn't have any bearing on how a fight with Kovalev would go.

Comment

im a bhop fan and having watched some more youtube of kovalev i think kovalev is a bad fight for him at this stage of hopkins' career . stevenson is a much easier fight to win

Comment

but hopkins defo doesnt get knocked out, thats the least likely outcome other than a draw

Comment

Kovalev will be too much for Hopkins. He can punch with both hands, works the jab, great power. Legends don't voluntarily retire, they're forced to retire. This would likely be the fight that pushes Bernard out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Murat is a quality opponent, and styles make fights, it really wouldn't have any bearing on how a fight with Kovalev would go.
                  Even you have no clue what you just said

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Murat is mediocre at best. Kovalev is at least one level above him. At least.

Comment

• I'd hope that Kovalev makes him look his age. Let's face it, B-Hop is on his way out and it's embarrassing that these younger fighters are losing to him. In order for Kovalev to look good, he needs to blast him out at the beginning or beat him from pillar to post.

Comment

Working...
                      X