No announcement yet.

Who should Miguel Cotto fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by komodo View Post
    Either vacate the MW title or fight GGG. I wouldn't blame him Cotto's no MW.
    Correct. Fight big boys or move back South. All credit for the night he had June 7th 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Voted Golovkin - as the MW champion-in-waiting annnd #1 contender I think Golovkin should get the shot, but I can fully accept that Canelo is likely to be the bigger fight for Cotto, even with a smaller cut.

It is what it is, and nothing against Cotto, but it just rubs me the wrong way to have a Lineal MW champ who can't even claim to have fought at the weight - just kinda makes a mockery of the title IMO.
      The star, smaller man, and underdog stepped up to fight and beat the middleweight champion of the world, and somehow that is a mockery of the title. I'm confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
        I mean, yes, Cotto is a warrior and his resume will speak volumes for him after he's done with the sport, but I think it also means he beat a declining champion and is still not considered a true middleweight; and as a traditionally acclaimed division, I think its his duty to defend the belt against real middleweights.
        It is on the basis he has such a title in a division that seems to have only one dominant recognizable force whom everyone is calling a hype job.

Beating Miguel Cotto despite his accomplishment(s) would not do any justice for GGG other than making him lineal champ at 160.

Comment

Canelo v Cotto, Pr vs Mexico. This fight would do NUMBERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bughuul. View Post
            It is on the basis he has such a title in a division that seems to have only one dominant recognizable force whom everyone is calling a hype job.

Beating Miguel Cotto despite his accomplishment(s) would not do any justice for GGG other than making him lineal champ at 160.
            If Golovkin gets no credit its because despite being a warrior we all see Cotto doesn't belong at middleweight and doesn't need to be holding onto the lineal middleweight championship if he can't defend it.

I think it was a great performance but if he doesn't move south he should fight a real middleweight. Fu ck credit, Golovkin would be taking that championship with the expectation of defending it and solidifying HIS place @ 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
              The star, smaller man, and underdog stepped up to fight and beat the middleweight champion of the world, and somehow that is a mockery of the title. I'm confused?
              Let's see Cotto fight GGG and you will quickly learn why it is a "Mockery of the Title".

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
                Let's see Cotto fight GGG and you will quickly learn why it is a "Mockery of the Title".
                I mean, I'm with you in the sense I think Cotto has a duty to defend against middleweights, but if he DID take on the challenge of Golovkin, he'd be doing EXACTLY what we're suggesting he do; defend the middleweight belt against a real middleweight- and then he'd deserve nothing but credit and in no way would he be making a mockery of the belt.

Comment

Canelo.

then GGG.

Cotto deserves the pay day and then go out and get slaughtered by a young lion in GGG.

A hall of fame fighter gets put out to pasture by a possibly future star and hall of fame fighter in GGG.

its the natural order of boxing.

Comment

I want him to fight GGG. I got faith in him beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
                      Now that he's the lineal Middleweight champion, who should Miguel Cotto fight next?
                      Soliman makes the most sense, he is the weakest of the title holders and would get Cotto a unification bout, further cementing his legacy.

I don't think Cotto wants someone as dangerous as GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X