Who should Miguel Cotto fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ggg deserves the fight

Comment

I'd like to see both GGG and Alvarez. GGG first. Win or loose we'll see what the G man is made of, then Alvarez, who I think would be a tuff fight for both of them.

Comment

I've heard stephen hawkins is available.

Comment

Voted Golovkin - as the MW champion-in-waiting annnd #1 contender I think Golovkin should get the shot, but I can fully accept that Canelo is likely to be the bigger fight for Cotto, even with a smaller cut.

It is what it is, and nothing against Cotto, but it just rubs me the wrong way to have a Lineal MW champ who can't even claim to have fought at the weight - just kinda makes a mockery of the title IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Voted Golovkin - as the MW champion-in-waiting annnd #1 contender I think Golovkin should get the shot, but I can fully accept that Canelo is likely to be the bigger fight for Cotto, even with a smaller cut.

It is what it is, and nothing against Cotto, but it just rubs me the wrong way to have a Lineal MW champ who can't even claim to have fought at the weight - just kinda makes a mockery of the title IMO.
            Which scares me because if they let Canelo catch weight into the division, and he beats Cotto, we're going to see his youth and star power translate into lots of blown up junior middleweight and welterweights being the only guys getting cracks at Alvarez; and now 160 is full of Trinidad/De la hoyas.

Comment

GGG vs Cotto would be a pure mismatch and that's being brutally honest.

Canelo vs Cotto is the most viable option either vacate the title and fight him at 154(155) or force the fatty to come up.

If GGG does get the fight the annihilation of Miguel Cotto is inevitable and there will be zero credit given!

*Edit:Catchweight is also possible

Comment

Originally posted by Bughuul. View Post
                GGG vs Cotto would be a pure mismatch and that's being brutally honest.

Canelo vs Cotto is the most viable option either vacate the title and fight him at 154(155) or force the fatty to come up.

If GGG does get the fight the annihilation of Miguel Cotto is inevitable and there will be zero credit given!

*Edit:Catchweight is also possible
                But if the lineal middleweight champion facing one of the top middleweight challengers is a mismatch, what does that say?

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                  But if the lineal middleweight champion facing one of the top middleweight challengers is a mismatch, what does that say?
                  It says: Miguel Cotto has the biggest balls in boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bughuul. View Post
                    It says: Miguel Cotto has the biggest balls in boxing!
                    I mean, yes, Cotto is a warrior and his resume will speak volumes for him after he's done with the sport, but I think it also means he beat a declining champion and is still not considered a true middleweight; and as a traditionally acclaimed division, I think its his duty to defend the belt against real middleweights.

Comment

Either vacate the MW title or fight GGG. I wouldn't blame him Cotto's no MW.

Comment

Working...
                      X