No announcement yet.

B-Hop vs Calzaghe RBR recap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Hop vs Calzaghe RBR recap

I keep seeing this fight mentioned lately and the argument seems to be based on American judges scoring it for Joe. I always had B-Hop winning and felt 116-111 was not even possible. Quickly went over this fight just & cba with a drawn out winded breakdown. So in short here is what I got.

Round 1; 10-8 B-Hop with the knockdown
    Round 2; 10-9 B-Hop but not a lot to separate them
    Round 3; 10-9 B-Hop clear
    Round 4; 10-9 B-Hop
    (Woodhall has it 3-1 B-Hop with the third even, that was the clearest round IMO)
    Round 5; 10-9 Joe
    Round 6; 10-9 B-Hop close round but preferred B-Hops clean counterpunching
    Round 7; 10-9 B-Hop -Joe is falling short & getting worked on the inside. Joe landed nothing of note until the final 10 seconds, heads went in but it was actually an overhand right on the inside that rocked Joe (Woodhall finally takes note of this)
    *upto now its worth noting that you could count of your fingers the amount of clean shots Joe has landed*
    Round 8; 10-9 Joe, nice straight left his best punch of the fight. Close round but felt Joe nicked it on workrate.
    Round 9; 10-9 Joe, clear.
    Round 10; 10-9 B-Hop, clear. Lowblow at the start of the round & B-Hop milks it for all its worth. Action resumes & B-Hop lands a nice right hand. He has upped the aggression, countering well & outhustling Joe on the inside. Much the case throughout.
    Round 11; 10-9 Joe
    Round 12; 10-9 Joe

115-112 B-Hop

ok....so you rewatched one of the most boring fights in history just to say Hopkins won, well done young man!

Comment

Crazy how cagey B-Hop was that night even at 43. Joe hardly landed anything clean what so ever.

I felt he probably did himself no favours unnecessarily clinching because he made Joe look ridiculous in the pocket.

Horrible fight but a perfect example of how crafty B-Hop really is.
      Joe may as well of stopped throwing the jab for how effective it was throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        ok....so you rewatched one of the most boring fights in history just to say Hopkins won, well done young man!

I can take more from watching a 12 round B-Hop snoozefest than I ever could watching the entire careers of most of todays 'exciting' fighters who have no ring I.Q, don't set up traps or nothing and throw for the sake of it without a thought given.

Comment

Perhaps the worst fight I've ever seen. Lets not talk about his any longer, please.

Comment

I don't recall my score but I had Hopkins winning as well.

I'm not gonna rewatch the fight to score it though. Because of Calzaghe it was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen.

Comment

It was a couple of points either way at most. Boring, hard fight to score. Calzaghe really looked like an idiot at times.

Comment

Great fight. I had Calzaghe winning by 1 point. What impressed me the most was Calzaghe moving up in weight to fight the lineal champ in his own backyard, that's very rare these days.
                Last edited by BOXEO _; 06-06-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Bhop clearly lost that fight...

Thing you're not taking into consideration -
                  1. Ring Generalship
                  2. Controlling the tempo of the fight
                  3. Throwing more shots
                  4. Landing more shots

116-111 is the correct score.

Comment

like dirrell froch is is another urban myth. i actually thought Calzaghe won wider than 116-112, Bhop had a flash kncok down then did **** all for the rest of the fight. All he did was smother joe calzaghe work. If that means you win then that rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                    X