Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: Americans don't want the Ward fight so what's the point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just Americans who don't want to watch Ward.

Comment

For Froch to talk about himself the way he does he needs to challenge Ward again. Calling yourself a champion when you have lost a wide decision to the man in the division is what is wrong with boxing. If he acknowledged Ward as THE Super Middleweight champ and only referred to himself as a titlist it wouldn't bother me as much.

This isn't a case of two fighters where you can debate who is greater, like Vitali and Wladimir. This is one man who is THE CHAMP and one man who he has beaten. How can Froch consider himself a champ without trying all he can to avenge his loss?

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
        For Froch to talk about himself the way he does he needs to challenge Ward again. Calling yourself a champion when you have lost a wide decision to the man in the division is what is wrong with boxing. If he acknowledged Ward as THE Super Middleweight champ and only referred to himself as a titlist it wouldn't bother me as much.

This isn't a case of two fighters where you can debate who is greater, like Vitali and Wladimir. This is one man who is THE CHAMP and one man who he has beaten. How can Froch consider himself a champ without trying all he can to avenge his loss?
        ^^^^^^This!

been saying it but number 2 enjoys being number 2. So dont talk or act like you number 1

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post

This sport is PRIZE-fighting. Ward only fights in the courtroom these days and has been so inactive he shouldn't be in consideration anyway. Also a fighter does not have to avenge a loss to be considered the best. Froch's annihilation of every name in the division over the last three years is more than worthy of claiming the top spot while Ward sits out with no foreseeable return.

People had no problem claiming manny was P4P when mayweather took a vacation after Hatton. When he came back it took Marquez to lay manny out for them to stop saying it.
          Last edited by MBE; 06-03-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Come on Carl I'm British but even I know you will never beat ward. Ward had injuries and still whooped your ass. You just making excuses because you yourself know the end result, don't lie to the people. I don't even think you want golovkin you want Chavez jr cause he's a lazy cunt I don't blame you though take your cash and live happily ever after.
            Last edited by Juof; 06-03-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Chavez, DeGale then retire

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                I don't like how Ward got one "win" vs Kessler in the tournament and then made a mockery of it by refusing to travel like everyone else did. The reason I write win with "" is because I don't really count that win for him. He head butted the **** outta Kessler.
                Gotta admit, that irked me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  ^^^^^^This!

been saying it but number 2 enjoys being number 2. So dont talk or act like you number 1
                  Has Froch not repeatedly expressed his desire to fight Ward again and reverse that loss? You didnt catch that and you havent even heard what he said today, so once again, cheesy boy, you're just being a bell end.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Has Froch not repeatedly expressed his desire to fight Ward again and reverse that loss? You didnt catch that and you havent even heard what he said today, so once again, cheesy boy, you're just being a bell end.
                    Number 2 happy being number 2. I know this and you know this but go on making things up if you want

Comment

the reality is if froch offers ward a really good payday to fight him,
                      would he come to england and fight?
                      i dont think so...

Comment

Working...
                      X