No announcement yet.

Arum: "Mayweather-Maidana didn't even hit 800,000, it lost a lot of money"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    You guys that are happy this has happened are idiots. We need to support boxing, no matter if it's a fighter you dont' like. If boxing doesn't turn a profit, then guess what, they won't put it on as frequently.

I want ALL fights to do well.
    shut up fool

boxing will always be put on.

tens to maybe a hundred of shows are put on in the world.

how about go to the shows and help the smaller guys

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Skip to 3:20

Says Pac-Bradley did about the same number Mayweather did, and that Showtime needed to do 1.2 million buys to turn a profit.
      Maybe Show Time needs to sue Mayweather for their money back for being a Fraud when representing him self as the man who can sell 1 million PPV

Comment

so pac basically by himself does about the same numbers as floyd plus stacked undercard

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          You guys that are happy this has happened are idiots. We need to support boxing, no matter if it's a fighter you dont' like. If boxing doesn't turn a profit, then guess what, they won't put it on as frequently.

I want ALL fights to do well.
          No what we need is for one guy to stop being so greedy. How can a guy who beat the crap out of him be paid 1.5 million compared to 33 million. Than some of the under card fighters need to be paid right. Exception Broner who shouldn't been paid 2.5 million. So I guess all you need to get paid is to have a foul mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Floyd kills me. He comes out and says things like "I don't need to fight Pacquiao because my last ppv did x amount of #s while his only did x amount of #s" only to turn around and fight a guys like Guerrero and maidana who have zero ppv buys.
            Floyd uses this excuses to duck Pac. Now he has to scratch this excuse and add the pillow gloves in the contract.

pacquiao literally sold the Bradley PPV on his own without any recognisable chief support, Mayweather has had the luxury of Garcia, Matthysse, Khan and Broner over at show time, which is a great strategy, hand it to GBP for putting on good shows but with TR the yare literally just selling Pacquiao on his own and he still does almost a million. That's impressive. And he is arguably the biggest name in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              No what we need is for one guy to stop being so greedy. How can a guy who beat the crap out of him be paid 1.5 million compared to 33 million. Than some of the under card fighters need to be paid right. Exception Broner who shouldn't been paid 2.5 million. So I guess all you need to get paid is to have a foul mouth
              Well said.

Over blown ego and a huge purse that can't deliver the guarantee of selling a million and up buys shouldn't be paid too much. This just leaves more deserving and promising young fighters to get robbed of being paid right.

It's selfish to be a primadona and ask ridiculous sums of money and could not deliver the goods.

Floyd has single handedly destroying boxing. Once showtime declares bankruptcy we know who to blame.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 05-20-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                so pac basically by himself does about the same numbers as floyd plus stacked undercard
                stacked undercards??? was Oscar - Floyd stacked? Floyd - Hatton stacked, Floyd-Marquez stacked? Floyd-Mosley stacked.

Only Canelo and Maidana fights had decent undercards so lets stop going on like Floyd has always done this.. sometimes you guys logic is so silly.

No disrespect but i come across silly dumb comments from Mayweather fans but most Pacman fans take it to another level of stupidity..

am not into cussing peopLe out but GO'T DAMN!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
                  stacked undercards??? was Oscar - Floyd stacked? Floyd - Hatton stacked, Floyd-Marquez stacked? Floyd-Mosley stacked.

Only Canelo and Maidana fights had decent undercards so lets stop going on like Floyd has always done this.. sometimes you guys logic is so silly.

No disrespect but i come across silly dumb comments from Mayweather fans but most Pacman fans take it to another level of stupidity..

floyd vs maidana had the most expensive under cards. even the man promoting it said so LOL.

Comment

and the more stacked the undercard, the more it benefits us fight fans so enjoy instead of moaning.. would you rather watch *****e undercards..? lol..WOW!

Comment

funny how now that ur saying this because before it was floyd and GBP always put on a nice under cards, arum and top rank needs to take notes on how its done LOL..

Comment

Working...
                      X