Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS GETTING WIERD

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      funny how now that ur saying this because before it was floyd and GBP always put on a nice under cards, arum and top rank needs to take notes on how its done LOL..
      huuuhhhh? If you are going to debate then quote something i said, not what others have said. I never shared an opinion on undercards here. as per my earlier quote i rarely write on here but mostly read threads and the double standards are ridiculous when it comes to Mr Mayweather. Logic goes out the window. It may have been the most expensive undercard but we (the fans) benefit from this, so i dont get why you care.
      Have you made a fuss when other boxers havent hit the 1 mill mark??

Like, no matter how you cut it, the man still got 32 mill guaranteed... lol

it's funny cause fans are more concerned about PPV buys than the fights themselves these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
        yes, that is true and it doesnt seem fair but Floyd and Pac got themselves to that level so can't knock them for what they earn. I believe Floyd making sooo much money,will push other athletes to promote themselves more so to maximise their income.. Floyd was not a household name until he became "his own boss" and played the villain role. I feel athletes may need to take this route more than ever now as skills are not appreciated as much and even brawlers are not getting their just due income.. its a shame but that's life, not just boxing.
        floyd was not a household name till he fought Oscar, he did not become a star in europe till he fought Hatton.

None of it had anything to do with being his own boss, he works for GBP, is contracted to Showtime and received "advice" from Haymon...his own boss my arse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Skip to 3:20

Says Pac-Bradley did about the same number Mayweather did, and that Showtime needed to do 1.2 million buys to turn a profit.
          A few things,Pac Bradley was a fight between two top fighters in the sport...Mayweather vs Maidana was not,for it to do 800k ppv buy's is really good tbh..

I wonder if this is true what that means for Showtime and the future Mayweather fights on Showtime..

Showtime needs to make Floyd fight the winner of Lara Alvarez,so they can sell a more competitive fight to public..

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            my comment still stands and is completely accurate. pac with a crap undercard did pretty much the same as floyd with stacked undercard.

Flom*s open themselves up to this sort of thing by talking so much about money and numbers. if they didn't care about numbers so much it would be a non issue and they wouldn't be so defensive and angry now.
            hold on... so because my opinion is not the same as yours, am a "*****"?
            this is what i mean about silly fake fans like yourself. a debate/conversation means we talk about what we believe in regardless if we agree but you, King Kong, is always right and if i dont agree, am a *****.? no point me even responding to you further as you are obviously a young naive man, who believes he knows it all.

Learn to have a decent debate son and i'll be waiting to talk on a grown folk level.

peace

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              This.

IMO the only fight worth buying was Maidana because he actually beat Floyd 8-4 or 9-3 depending how you scored it. 44-2
              You scored the fight 8-4 or 9-3 ,for guy who actually lost 7-5. You have no idea how to score a fight. You should learn to score properly which means you cant let your personal feelings for fighters dictate who you score the round for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                A few things,Pac Bradley was a fight between two top fighters in the sport...Mayweather vs Maidana was not,for it to do 800k ppv buy's is really good tbh..

I wonder if this is true what that means for Showtime and the future Mayweather fights on Showtime..

Showtime needs to make Floyd fight the winner of Lara Alvarez,so they can sell a more competitive fight to public..
                I don't think it's true. And if it's true, then that means HBO is losing money too with Pacquaio's recent fights. Because his last two fights were EXPENSIVE as well. Pacquaio got an $18 million guarantee against Bradley, while Bradley got a $6 million guarantee. The undercard was like over $600K. But the PPV numbers were under 750K. So did HBO make a profit or lose?

Then against Rios, Pacquaio got a $20 million guarantee, while Rios got a $4 million guarantee. And this isn't even counting the undercard. And the PPV buys were under 450K. So did HBO make a profit or lose there too?

Anything that can be said about Showtime/Mayweather, can be said about Pacquaio/HBO. They are both consistently commanding the most expensive purses in professional boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  floyd was not a household name till he fought Oscar, he did not become a star in europe till he fought Hatton.

None of it had anything to do with being his own boss, he works for GBP, is contracted to Showtime and received "advice" from Haymon...his own boss my arse.
                  and the fight in which he started trash talking and took being a villain to another level was the OSCAR fight...everyone who fought Oscar did not break PPV records, Floyd made that happen by acting like the villain. so it doesnt matter how you cut it, yes Oscar was the star but Floyd had to do all that ***** talking to break the numbers.

As for him being his own boss, you are right in a sense because he probably does answer to others above him but he has more control over his career than any other boxer. Look at how Pac is being ****d by Arum.. It's sickening. He's risking his life and getting knocked out for less than what he should be getting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post

True, Bradley is a top fighter and Maidana is not there yet IMO. But I donīt think Bradley has a bigger fanbase than Maidana.

Actually I think the 800k PPV buys of Pac are better than the 850k buys of Floyd, because of the bigger names of the undercard. Amir Khan has many fans in the UK, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
                      and the fight in which he started trash talking and took being a villain to another level was the OSCAR fight...everyone who fought Oscar did not break PPV records, Floyd made that happen by acting like the villain. so it doesnt matter how you cut it, yes Oscar was the star but Floyd had to do all that ***** talking to break the numbers.

As for him being his own boss, you are right in a sense because he probably does answer to others above him but he has more control over his career than any other boxer. Look at how Pac is being ****d by Arum.. It's sickening. He's risking his life and getting knocked out for less than what he should be getting.
                      oscar was a big star and imo it wasn't floyd's character but more the 24/7 show. the same reality tv show saved the ufc...

Comment

Working...
                      X