Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is top 10 already.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      More hate. Fury's got a 22 winning streak, including the likes of Neven Pajkic, Marcelo Luiz Nascimento and John "D Cup" McDermott. And Deontay Wilder has KO'd every man he's ever faced, including the likes of Audley Harrison.

If Wlad were to beat both men it would make Jack Johnson's reign look laughable in comparison.
      I love anorak. this is pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
        Literally laughed.

To answer the question, no. My personal reasoning is the level of competition. I don't care if he beats 10 Stiverns and 10 Furys... Who did those guys beat?

It sucks for the Klitschkos, and while I don't like their style, it's not really their fault. They do in fact face all the completion available. Maybe not immediately but a lot of these guys honestly need more experience before fighting them.. Im all for marinating a fighter a bit before throwing him on the hot plate. They fight everyone, but the competition just isn't on par with other era's, and quality well over quantity for me.

What could make Wlad great though, is if he keeps fighting as he gets older, loses a few steps, and gets into some classics with some tougher guys down the road... that would certainly help.
        Yeah, Roy Jones style.If you think he's an ATG than Wlad is a top 10 HW.

Let's be honest here, Roy's resume is not that great either, he's never faced many guys who were considered top opponents at the time.

Most people rate him so high because of his skills and dominance. Sounds familliar?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          Yeah, Roy Jones style.If you think he's an ATG than Wlad is a top 10 HW.

Let's be honest here, Roy's resume is not that great either, he's never faced many guys who were considered top opponents at the time.

Most people rate him so high because of his skills and dominance. Sounds familliar?
          don't normally agree with u but ur right here. RJJ is so high cos of his skills relative to a lot of the guys he thought.

Anyway, I had a thread like this a couple weeks back and the overwhelming response was : " he maybe squeezes into the top 10"

/thread

Comment

I think hes probably around 10th as it stands regardless. The thing is there is no depth to the division. Its always going to be going back to well ''who did he beat?''

If Wlad beats these guys it will always came back to their resumes & when Furys best win is say a Kevin Johnson whose best win is probably Alex Leapai or some **** you can ask yourself, how much credit does he really deserve? The answer is very little. Its not as if these guys are talented either, most of them are like a sack of King Edwards on legs.

I am a Wlad fan but there just isn't enough depth its more quality over quantity. In a way maybe he is doing the right thing fighting guys like Leapai, Mormeck etc until others establish themselves, only they are not doing that! And now they are all chasing the WBC title as its an easier route and offers more leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
              Literally laughed.

To answer the question, no. My personal reasoning is the level of competition. I don't care if he beats 10 Stiverns and 10 Furys... Who did those guys beat?

It sucks for the Klitschkos, and while I don't like their style, it's not really their fault. They do in fact face all the completion available. Maybe not immediately but a lot of these guys honestly need more experience before fighting them.. Im all for marinating a fighter a bit before throwing him on the hot plate. They fight everyone, but the competition just isn't on par with other era's, and quality well over quantity for me.

What could make Wlad great though, is if he keeps fighting as he gets older, loses a few steps, and gets into some classics with some tougher guys down the road... that would certainly help.
              /\ And this from a Roy Jones fan, that's how bad it is.

These later "classics" you talk about, Reed... when he gets older, can you see Wlad struggling to get his clinches off?

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
                Say what you will about the state of the heavyweight division, but the truth is, Wlad's 18 title defenses speaks volumes about his skill and accomplishments in boxing. He's faced all variety of opposition and he has dominated them.

If the Klitschko's weren't around all these years, people would be saying the heavyweight division is as tough and competitive as it was when Bowe, Holyfield, and Lewis were all earning their stripes.

The Klitchko's have made boxing boring because the own their division, and it isn't close.

Wlad is a top 10 ATG, no doubt about it. He'd easily defeat most of the heavyweights that are considered great. In fact, I suspect most of those fights wouldn't even be close. Wlad is a freak of nature.
                Excellent post. When Wlad faced a 36-year-old Hasim Rahman who was only seven years past his prime and coming off an impressive win over Zuri Lawrence, I thought to myself "he could have his hands full here".

Yet plucky old Wlad proved the doubters wrong once again.

Comment

I think he'd deserve a place in the top ten if he beat all of them ... certainly if he beats Joshua too

Comment

Some foolish replies. Wladimir has solid names on his resume, and he's not retired yet.

Povetkin
                    Haye
                    Tony Thompson (yes, he is legit, so don't ridicule)
                    Samuel Peter
                    Chambers
                    Chagaev
                    Ibragimov
                    Chris Byrd
                    Ray Mercer

.... and a bunch of other legit names. His resume isn't nearly as poor as his critics keep making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      I think he'd deserve a place in the top ten if he beat all of them ... certainly if he beats Joshua too
                      Joshua
                      Fury
                      Wilder
                      Stiverne
                      Pulev
                      Chisora
                      Adamek
                      Cunningham
                      Jennings
                      Mike Perez

Comment

Working...