Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-champ View Post
    I would say no. Wlad is a great fighter but Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev are not top ten material. Neither are Povetkin, Byrd, Chambers and Thompson.
    More hate. Fury's got a 22 winning streak, including the likes of Neven Pajkic, Marcelo Luiz Nascimento and John "D Cup" McDermott. And Deontay Wilder has KO'd every man he's ever faced, including the likes of Audley Harrison.

If Wlad were to beat both men it would make Jack Johnson's reign look laughable in comparison.

Comment

Really what is up with all the ridiculous Klitschko posts.

It's been nonstop everyday since I first came here. What are you guys smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        Really what is up with all the ridiculous Klitschko posts.

It's been nonstop everyday since I first came here. What are you guys smoking?
        You mean the Klitschko haters' silly posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          You mean the Klitschko haters' silly posts?
          Exactly. Did Ali ever beat Calvin Brock? No he did not.

I'd like to see the delusional haters argue with that one.

Comment

He's the best of all time along with his brother and Lennox. I would consider Ali and Holmes a notch below. People are talking about putting guys like Tunney and Patterson on a list of all time heavyweights above Wladimir and they don't see how utterly ridiculous that is?

Take Tunney. The guy had a heavyweight title reign of exactly two, TWO defenses. He was 6'0 tall, had a '76 inch reach, and was not even 200 pounds. Patterson had 4 defenses, planked by Johannsen, then another 2 before getting railroaded by Liston. This, over the course of roughly 6 years. Floyd Patterson, he of 6'0 feet and only a '71 inch reach, barely scratching 190 at his best. They do not have the resume that Wlad has built, not even close. Let's be completely and brutally honest here, if we could time machine these guys to "today" and put them in the ring with even the likes of prime Sam Peter, David Haye or Pulev, we'd call the authorities and demand an investigation into how they could let such mismatches occur.

Nostalgia is nice for warm, fuzzy feelings, but let's be real here and cut the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Froman View Post
              He's the best of all time along with his brother and Lennox. I would consider Ali and Holmes a notch below. People are talking about putting guys like Tunney and Patterson on a list of all time heavyweights above Wladimir and they don't see how utterly ridiculous that is?

Take Tunney. The guy had a heavyweight title reign of exactly two, TWO defenses. He was 6'0 tall, had a '76 inch reach, and was not even 200 pounds. Patterson had 4 defenses, planked by Johannsen, then another 2 before getting railroaded by Liston. This, over the course of roughly 6 years. Floyd Patterson, he of 6'0 feet and only a '71 inch reach, barely scratching 190 at his best. They do not have the resume that Wlad has built, not even close. Let's be completely and brutally honest here, if we could time machine these guys to "today" and put them in the ring with even the likes of prime Sam Peter, David Haye or Pulev, we'd call the authorities and demand an investigation into how they could let such mismatches occur.

Nostalgia is nice for warm, fuzzy feelings, but let's be real here and cut the crap.

Comment

Anorak thanks for the red K. Hating Wladimir because you can't appreciate the man's achievements based on the state of the HW division is really rich, like really well done. Wlad deserves respect for his ERA and although we have a lot of not so good heavyweights it's almost impossible to 100% compare him to those from 20+yrs ago. Do I think Wlad would beat Tyson? No. Do I think he would beat Foreman? No. That doesn't mean it couldn't have happened, you base you're opinion on what you see and quite frankly the HW of today are completely different to those of the older days, so no I can't not include him to MY top 10 ATG. Boxing is a sport where strange things happen and the HW division is certainly of that where anything could have happened.

Comment

To me he is just outside it now. He might be already in it. He gets by all them, I will put him in my top 5.

Comment

Say what you will about the state of the heavyweight division, but the truth is, Wlad's 18 title defenses speaks volumes about his skill and accomplishments in boxing. He's faced all variety of opposition and he has dominated them.

If the Klitschko's weren't around all these years, people would be saying the heavyweight division is as tough and competitive as it was when Bowe, Holyfield, and Lewis were all earning their stripes.

The Klitchko's have made boxing boring because the own their division, and it isn't close.

Wlad is a top 10 ATG, no doubt about it. He'd easily defeat most of the heavyweights that are considered great. In fact, I suspect most of those fights wouldn't even be close. Wlad is a freak of nature.
                    Last edited by hitman smax; 05-19-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
                      Say what you will about the state of the heavyweight division, but the truth is, Wlad's 18 title defenses speaks volumes about his skill and accomplishments in boxing. He's faced all variety of opposition and he has dominated them.

If the Klitschko's weren't around all these years, people would be saying the heavyweight division is as tough and competitive as it was when Bowe, Holyfield, and Lewis were all earning their stripes.

The Klitchko's have made boxing boring because the own their division, and it isn't close.

Wlad is a top 10 ATG, no doubt about it. He'd easily defeat most of the heavyweights that are considered great. In fact, I suspect most of those fights wouldn't even be close. Wlad is a freak of nature.
                      Green K.

Comment

Working...
                      X