Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Saw a Draw or Close Win For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

116 - 112 or 1117 - 111 is pretty damn close considering Floyd normally wins 11 out of 12 rounds in a fight.

People see a nose bleed and Floyd automatically lost the fight. They see him get hit by two solid shots in one round and that means he lost the fight.

So yeah, winning a fight by 8 or 9 rounds is close when you go by the standards that we place on the 37 year old past prime Mayweather with no legs..

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
      Juan knows boxing, he outboxed many fighters and only lost to two legit, the rest is robberies.
      JMM does know boxing, and his assessment was very legit.

Comment

The actual boxers are scoring it right. .. It was close but Floyd did enough to win. ..A friend text me who I didn't watch it with asking what I thought..I told him the ring side guys have it right because I believe they all had it a round or two ahead for floyd but before the scores were announced I told him the judges wouldn't have it right...now I'm no boxing trainer but I love the sport I just know that the judging has always been suspect

Comment

Fair assessment by Marquez indeed. Canelo said floyd dominated not so sure about that but maidana didn't do enough in the late rounds and floyd although he looked a little gassed was starting to land cleanly

Comment

JMM? The only ONE on the PLANET HEARTH who believes he won vs BRADLEY ? OK,now it's official,MAIDANA WON !!! If he saw wrestling,it was because XYLOCAINE Jr. hold all night !!!

Comment

Marquez just jealous Maidana beat up Whoweather. But he went thru the same with Pac vs JMM 3. Yes there was wrestling involved WWE superstar Whoweather was holding n if he landed on the ropes a lot is from having nowhere to run. Maidana kept charging at Whoweather like a raging bull Maidana was no punk n Whoweather had no choice but to lean back against the ropes or get stomped on.

Comment

People really wanna see Floyd waste one of his last 3 fights with the drunken wrestler Maidana? instead of pushing him to fight the Cotto/Martinez winner? Maidana was beaten at his own game, he gassed out the last 5 rounds, did absolutely nothing but eat right hands, so how did he win. in a rematch when the ref takes away his secret weapon (rabbit punching) what would he have to rely on, he can't hit Floyd with clean legal blows, so when the dirty tactics are penalized he'll be diminished to nothing more than a punching bag. Maidana made it fun to watch, but that's not enough to win. 8-4 Floyd. a rematch would only be done to please butthurt fans and the whiner Maidana who's been b*tching about gloves even though he didn't land nothing but fouls.

Floyd vs Cotto/Martinez winner.
                Maidana vs Garcia/Matthysse on the undercard.

so a guy who was expected to win 1-2 rounds at best manages to get 3-4 rounds instead and it's a robbery, **** outta here.
                Last edited by kingfaze19; 05-08-2014, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco-N13 View Post
                  Marquez just jealous Maidana beat up Whoweather. But he went thru the same with Pac vs JMM 3. Yes there was wrestling involved WWE superstar Whoweather was holding n if he landed on the ropes a lot is from having nowhere to run. Maidana kept charging at Whoweather like a raging bull Maidana was no punk n Whoweather had no choice but to lean back against the ropes or get stomped on.
                  so when Duran said Maidana won, you have an ******, but Marquez said either Floyd won or a draw and he's jealous ?? and the only thing getting ''stomped on'' on the ropes was the back of Floyd's head and kidneys, very little legal blows connected, cut the **** already.

Comment

Floyd fans are happy with the draw, only in Mayweather land does a draw equal a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                      Floyd eeked this out 115-113; anything wider than that is a score by someone who closed their eyes throughout, or regurgitates the same rhetoric Floyd uses. No, he didn't "give the fans what they wanted." He was moving fine. Maidana was just doing an excellent job of cutting off the ring and backing Mayweather into the ropes. He did great body work, and his awkward, looping right hand chops perfectly through Floyd's normally air-tight defense. It sliced across that small space between Floyd's left shoulder and right glove, whereas a conventional fighter normally hits one of the two harmlessly.

Mayweather's face was the only one with marks on it after.

Had Maidana stuck with the body blows, he may have won another round or two and gotten a draw or split decision from the judges.

The second fight - if Floyd actually goes through with it - will likely be a boring contest. He'll ensure Maidana can't use the gloves he wants (again, citing bulls*hit about being the "A side"), and pick a ref who won't let Maidana crowd Floyd for more than a second against the ropes. Same thing happened to Ricky Hatton: literally the moment he'd get Floyd against the ropes, the ref would break it up.

Mayweather is protecting both fighters by promising them money, and then rigging the fight so it's boring and at mid-range. No one can get really roughed up or hurt. That's also why he didn't fight Cotto 6-7 years ago, Margarito or Martinez ever, or fight Pacquiao between 2007-2010.
                      you're living proof of what Floyd is talking about, if he wins a competitive fight then ''he lost..he's old''. if he wipes a guy out ''he's boring''.. cut the **** about the gloves, Maidana didn't land enough clean legal punches for that to even matter. and then you said if a ref tells Maidana to cut the dirty **** out you will interpret that as benefiting Floyd? there's a difference between applying smart pressure like Cotto and being a dirty wrestler on bath salts, Maidana was a drunk wild man in there, in round 1, 9 rabbit punches and a low blow, then tried to break Floyd's elbow, then a knee to the face..all that is fine by you since you just wanna see Floyd hurt by any means. he shoulda been DQ'd .in a rematch a ref will take away his secret weapon (rabbit punching) what would he do then ??

Comment

Working...
                      X