No announcement yet.

Khan V2.0 vs Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Anybody who picked Collazo in that fight needs to have a CT scan done on their brain for traumatic injury.

I like the guy and all, but his career highlight was giving Hatton a run for his money in his first fight at 147lbs way back in may of 2006. The KO of Ortiz had much more to do with the fact that Ortiz is a quitting **** whose heart hasn't been in boxing since Maidana whipped his ass than it had to do with Collazo actually being world class.

I mean, he lost to Berto, FFS.

Good win for Khan, though. A semi-"name" to get his career back on track. Let's see where he takes it now.
    Most people saw that fight for Collazo though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
      Fair enough, but my point still stands : Collazo rarely every fights anybody worth a **** and anytime he did, he lost - Hatton, Mosley, and Khan being the most notable.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        ill pick the one who didnt get a robbery against a bum in his last fight
        Makes no sense since they fought before and khan got ko. What holds more weight when judging the outcome of a potential fight????

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Fair enough, but my point still stands : Collazo rarely every fights anybody worth a **** and anytime he did, he lost - Hatton, Mosley, and Khan being the most notable.
          I agree that Collazo has been his own worse enemy. Inactivity and unwilling to just take on any fight available, but lets be fair. He should have gotten the nod against Hatton and Berto.

Mosley is a HOF and I already gave massive props to Khan for beating him.

Doesn't mean Collazo is trash or that anyone who picked Collazo to win needs a CT scan. The fact a fighter is beatable doesn't make him trash.

Comment

Totally Depends on which Khan shows up period.

Comment

Yea, Collazo probably won that fight, and this was Berto at his best, at his prime. Collazo is a tough tough dude, every single fighter has said this. He was ducked a bit for a small part of his career, because his name wasn't big enough for the risk, that is until he finished off Ortiz.

Ya'll were saying there's no way in hell Khan could hurt much less drop Collazo. Ricky Hatton openly admits that he couldn't get Collazo to budge. And he in truth he probably deserves that win even more than the one over Berto. If he had the judges on his side, he'd have wins over them both.

Gotta give credit where it's due. Freaking dropped him with three peaches. A perfect right, a savage body shot, and a left hook/jab.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                Yea, Collazo probably won that fight, and this was Berto at his best, at his prime. Collazo is a tough tough dude, every single fighter has said this. He was ducked a bit for a small part of his career, because his name wasn't big enough for the risk, that is until he finished off Ortiz.

Ya'll were saying there's no way in hell Khan could hurt much less drop Collazo. Ricky Hatton openly admits that he couldn't get Collazo to budge.

Gotta give credit where it's due. Freaking dropped him with three peaches. A perfect right, a savage body shot, and a left hook/jab.
                I agree. Khan was impressive.

Comment

I agree that Collazo has been his own worse enemy. Inactivity and unwilling to just take on any fight available, but lets be fair. He should have gotten the nod against Hatton and Berto.

Mosley is a HOF and I already gave massive props to Khan for beating him.

Doesn't mean Collazo is trash or that anyone who picked Collazo to win needs a CT scan. The fact a fighter is beatable doesn't make him trash.
                  I thought Hatton edged it out every time I watched it, but I'll concede that it's been a while since I've watched it. Like, years.

I'm not trashing Collazo, though. I'm just saying that people (falsely) thought that he was a world beater or an elite level type of guy based on nothing more than the KO of a shopworn and disinterested Victor Ortiz.

Ortiz could've gotten up if he wanted to. He's just such a mental midget that the first time he was hit with something solid he wanted to play it safe, get counted out, and get that check. I doubt we'll ever see him back in the ring again.

Comment

Garcia was at that fight scouting Khan.

it's a shame Garcia has his dumbass dad representing and speaking for him...he'd have so much more respect...even with his dumbass comments after his loss to Herrera.

Garcia lowblows will be a factor again. Lowblows are no fun.

Khan by UD...but Garcia will have some success counterpunching. People will pay closer attention to that second time around...but also it will be evident that Khan has lost some of that speed...

Khan & Virgil need to realise they can win that fight at a slow pace..Danny will follow it..when really trying to ramp the pace up might actually help Garcia...Khan winning the first few rounds(4-5) throwing barely 40 punches a round would be a very wise tactic. Then Garcia would be forced to maybe start walking him down which is where the reserved energy will come in handy.
                    Last edited by miniq; 05-05-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Angel Garcia would f*** Khan up in the head again thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X