No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by O.H. Canada View Post
    Yah for sure. U hit it on the head. Floyd looked impressive standing in front of a banger. He was making Maidana miss a lot and was landing clean shots on Maidana. All the Floyd haters are talking about how Maidana beat Floyd's body up but if i'm correct it was Mayweather who hurt Maidana to the body like 3 times in the fight. Maidana didn't ever really hurt floyd to the body but Floyd made him crouch to his knees almost at a point with a jab to the body and Chino was visibly griping to the belly at a few different points. Floyd is the one who did damaging work to the body in this fight.

Correct observation. Makes me wonder what fight some of the other viewers were watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
      Hatton you say? Go to bed, you are drunk already!
      my goodness!!! yer funnnnny!!!

Comment

• Credit to Maidana, i'm a fan of his but didn't think the fight would be that competitive. I thought the 117-111 score was harsh on Maidana, it was a close fight IMO. I'd say 7-5 Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
          No ****kkking way does Floyd beat a prime Duran I had my doubts in the past but now no fuuukkkking way does Floyd beat a prime Duran
          Prime Floyd beats a prime Duran. This is far from the same Floyd that fought Hatton.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            Lmao, the Floyd fans are a joke on here

Everyone knows Floyd lost
            Nah, just you and your team of flunkies.

Anyone actually watching the fight and not looking for any reason to bash Mayweather saw that it was a close, competitive fight. Chino did excellent in the first 5 rounds, I thought he was winning 3-2, Floyd clearly won more rounds from 6 on.

Great fight yesterday. Didn't expect that from Chino. He's a good fighter that was severely underrated on this forum because Mayweather chose to fight him. It seems like any fighter that Mayweather chooses to fight suddenly turns into a bum.

Comment

• Man, great fight overall. I personally had it a draw based on maidana constant pressure but I can live with 7-5 Floyd. I've noticed that Floyd is starting to listen to the fans and media about his boring style, so he decides to stand and trade punches with both canelo and maidana. If Floyd fights his fight, which is not lay against the rope like he did versus guerrero, he wins easily, but I'm glad he's deciding to trade with big punchers to make a more interesting fight. If there's a rematch, Floyd will box him to an easy UD victory. Respect to both fighters!

Comment

• Awesome fight I had it 7-5 for Miadana but I can see some of the rounds going either way. REMATCH PLEASE!

Comment

• I had it 7 Pillows to 5 Pillows for Maidana

Comment

• Just rewatched the fight scored 116 - 112 but I can see a 115 - 113.
                    1 - maidana
                    2 - mayweather
                    3 - maidana
                    4 - maidana
                    5 - maidana
                    6 - 12 - mayweather

Some close rounds here and there. Round one was a lot of rabbit punching and not much clean shots but it was "effective aggression". Chino made mayweather earn it, fought dirty but that's ok, that was their game plan. Chino gassed and mayweather adjusted in the mid to late rounds. I may entertain 114 - 114 ... Maybe. But anyone saying chino won is trolling or "don't know ***** bout boxing"
                    Last edited by DuttyAlacrity; 05-04-2014, 10:53 AM. Reason: Math ... :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                      Prime Floyd beats a prime Duran. This is far from the same Floyd that fought Hatton.
                      At 135, a prime Duran probably ko's a prime Floyd. Floyd would also lose to hearns and sugar ray at 147. People seem to forget that Duran went up two weight classes and beat a prime sugar ray at 147, and you won't find any experts that think Floyd could beat sugar ray. I think Aaron Pryor also probably beats Floyd at any of those weights. That era simply had much better competition and created better fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X