No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Peter was just a beltholder who had the BC after losing to Wlad in an BF elim. Still, it was a good win coming four years off the bench. I was impressed at the time and still consider it solid.
    No, it wasn't bad, but when Jerry Quarry gets laughed and mocked at as a good win, while Sam Peter gets talked about as being clearly greater and better than anything Ali did during his comeback....well, let's just say you know there are a few cards missing from the deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      True, that was poor decision. Certainly concede that one.

Sanders is one of the greatest punchers of modern heavyweight history and was an incredible combination of speed, power and skill! Along with Wlad he also holds a win over....ummmm...errrr...Ross Purrity.

He lost by KO basically every time he stepped up, except for knocking Wlad out, but he was a modern ATG and one of the most underrated heavyweights of our time....the knockout losses to Rahman, Tubbs, Machimana, Vit etc......Well, I'm sure Sanders played golf better than those guys.
      Rahman beat a more in shape Sanders too.

Oh, and he beat Lewis. Using Vitali fan logic, that should count for a top ten all time slot. Rahman's best wins are better than Vitali's. He lost to fighters worse too. Is rate Vitali higher but not by leaps.
      Last edited by crold1; 05-24-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
        That's why they like Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward!!

Because they are flashy, exiting boxers who get a lot of highlight-reel KOs with their awesome handspeed and amazing combinations!!!
        poopkins and andre bored are boring as well. why bring that up as if it excuses wlad from being a boring cheating twat. he is the HW champion. he is not supposed to be the thing i leave on tv to make me go to sleep

all that size and power and still cant be exciting

thats why no one will remember him when he retires.

nobody talks about vitali

Comment

And Vitali was age 37 at the time.

Ali was just age 29 when he returned after a shorter time off.
          It was a good win. I thought his late age dominance, even against some so-so stuff, put him over the top as a HOFer.

Comment

Vitali's been in the world news many, many times during the past few months.

Do you ever watch BBC, FOX, NBC, ABC or CNN?
            as a politician not for his boxing career

people dont talk about him like a holyfield or a tyson.

it will be even worse with wlad

Comment

• Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
              as a politician not for his boxing career

people dont talk about him like a holyfield or a tyson.

it will be even worse with wlad
              Disagree. Wlad will be talked about plenty. He's easier to define as great and his numbers are massive.

Comment

Disagree. Wlad will be talked about plenty. He's easier to define as great and his numbers are massive.
                there is nothing to talk about with him

what are we gonna talk about? his footwork? handspeed? combination punching? head movement? slickness?

oh thats right he doesnt have that ****

people will hold james toney in higher regards when all is said and done.

Comment

there is nothing to talk about with him

what are we gonna talk about? his footwork? handspeed? combination punching? head movement? slickness?

oh thats right he doesnt have that ****

people will hold james toney in higher regards when all is said and done.
                  Not at Heavyweight.

And I'll talk about Wlad as having one of the top 5 jabs in the history of the class. Same rating for his flush right.

Comment

Not at Heavyweight.

And I'll talk about Wlad as having one of the top 5 jabs in the history of the class. Same rating for his flush right.
                    he has a great jab ill give you that. but top 5? youre crazy

pinklon thomas had a better jab

Comment

he has a great jab ill give you that. but top 5? youre crazy

pinklon thomas had a better jab
                      Different type. Wlad has a punishing jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X