Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pacquiao-Bradley Breaks 1 Million Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so because this is the most highly anticipated fight of the year. I believe that Arum probably made a mistake in his futile attempt at promoting Pac at the Venetian Macau resort venue over the MGM Grand venue in Las Vegas.

The reason being is because not only did it leave behind a lot of hurt feelings and resentment but probably burned many bridges between the two in the process also; Many of which may never be fully repaired again. However the main reason why he probably made a mistake in promoting Pac in Macau, is that since, rumors have surfaced that he along with the Venetian resort had lost a considerably amount of money on the fight.

So understandably, MGM is proceeding with caution with the build up to this fight. Moreover, they are reluctant in throwing around a lot of its money on the marketing of it, because of a perceived waning interest and also coupled with the fact, that the fight may very well tank at the Box Office itself.

Therefore the MGM Grand is taking a wait and see approach, They are gauging whether or not Manny can still draw casual fans and is still very popular with them. As he is with the hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

I say 500-750k still good numbers when you look at the crap undercard

Comment

500K is more like it....pretty much depends on how many Filipinos will buy. Do not think the American public is that interested with either Brad or Pac.

Comment

I always say im buying so theres 1 but sadly i cant this time so ill say itll sell 0

Comment

It will because people who were once certain about an outcome in this fight are now unsure..the changing of the judge made it even more crazy to come to a firm belief of the outcome even more so. We shall see tho..this fight and the martinez/cotto fight are the most 50/50 fights on ppv as an option right now so they are interesting. Me...i'll be streaming and going to the other.

Comment

mayweather ain't fighting bob so there ain't gonna be any big numbers lol...your flop prank vs flop prank match ups are rubbish..the old man is one bitter money hungry hyena

Comment

I think it will hit anywhere from 1.1, to 1.4 million ppv buys. Everyone ive talmed to is pretty hyped about this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                  I think it will hit anywhere from 1.1, to 1.4 million ppv buys. Everyone ive talmed to is pretty hyped about this fight!
                  And i havent heard a single thing about it. Even people i ask had no idea it was happening this weeknd.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                    mayweather ain't fighting bob so there ain't gonna be any big numbers lol...your flop prank vs flop prank match ups are rubbish..the old man is one bitter money hungry hyena
                    Wow! a known racist floydiot who has bizzarely been allowed back after a ban for repeatedly making racist remarks in a faux oriental accent. It seems as though this thick little bumsniff hasnt learnt his lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      And i havent heard a single thing about it. Even people i ask had no idea it was happening this weeknd.
                      Wow, i live in california, so the fight is hot up here! People i work with are betting big money,and even casuals know about it! You must live in a small populated state.

Comment

Working...
                      X