Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd's accountants doing work in here.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In the end it doesn't matter what happens. Nobody will believe the numbers unless it's incredibly low, and even then people will say he's lying

Comment

Originally posted by LoudNeighbor View Post
        The first fight drew 700k. Pac isnt the star that he was then. This fight does 600k imo. Look forvArum to inflate the numbers, only to be corrected by Dan Rafael in an ESPN article
        Yeah I was thinking it was 700k too. I would expect something like 500-600k this time. 1m would be bizarre.

I actually hope both this and Mayweather-Maidana bomb. The networks are not going to go along with this Cold War nonsense for much longer if these big budget fights aren't making them money.

Comment

Lol at the floydspastics drooling and getting a boner every time Arum makes a comment to the press!

Comment

I dont really give a **** what the total is...this is a good fight between top welters and, more importantly, I don't know who is going to win. That is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              That last line is hilarious~

"Right now I'm afraid because it's doing so good [in the pre-fight purchase estimates]. In other words, there is a feeling that it will go over 1.2 million...certainly over a million, a million-one. Remember that we did 900,000 the first time."

Bob Arum

How does that even make sense
              there goes bob inflating those numbers again......i thought he said the first fight did 700k.

Comment

I think it does a million easy. 375k was very good for Bradley-JMM. After the third JMM fight, pac had lost his "threat to Floyd" fanbase. But now, he's managed to convince many of those folks "he's back" after the Rios fight. And I think the numbers will reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Yeah I was thinking it was 700k too. I would expect something like 500-600k this time. 1m would be bizarre.

I actually hope both this and Mayweather-Maidana bomb. The networks are not going to go along with this Cold War nonsense for much longer if these big budget fights aren't making them money.
                  The HBO/Showtime thing is bigger than the TR-GBP "cold war." They've only gotten together once, and that was for Lewis-Tyson. And I'd assume they didn't make much money doing so because everything was probably split 50/50. If they're making 100m (just throwing out a number) for Floyd and Pac fights respectively. That means that fight would have to make double for them to see that number. And I dont think Floyd-Manny would double what they would make fighting other opponents and pocketing all the money.

Comment

When I order a PPV a base it on who is fighting and the undercard. Also, if i want to spend my Saturday watching boxing or doing something else. With this fight I will not order the PPV. These fighters have already fought each other and it was not entertaining.The undercard is crap for a PPV. I will order Mayweather vs Maidana the undercard is looking good, and Cotto vs Martinez because two legends. Maybe Canelo vs Lara if the undercard is interesting if not stream.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      The HBO/Showtime thing is bigger than the TR-GBP "cold war." They've only gotten together once, and that was for Lewis-Tyson. And I'd assume they didn't make much money doing so because everything was probably split 50/50. If they're making 100m (just throwing out a number) for Floyd and Pac fights respectively. That means that fight would have to make double for them to see that number. And I dont think Floyd-Manny would double what they would make fighting other opponents and pocketing all the money.
                      There is an understanding that networks really can't nor shouldn't work together. It never really happens in any other circumstance...so i dont think the networks are worse than the promoter cold war. promoters HAVE worked together in the past and put on big fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X