Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter Slams Adonis Stevenson, Jabs Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im verry pissed about Stevenson now and hope he loses to somebody, i dont care against who! Even if he would fight Ward (which i dont like AT ALL) i would root for Ward! Nobody can denie it, Stevenson is a runner!! Hes runnung away from Kovalev!! Hes ducking him! I will not support Stevenson anymore! He will fight the winner of Hopkins - Shumenov and knock him out no matter who it will be but i will not care about that....

Comment

Originally posted by leericists View Post
      here is what i think is Peterson plan

1 fight fonfara make the most money possible with the network that is ready the pay the most $$$

2 make 2 millz fighting Hopkins in montreal in what is gonna be a huge fight for quebecers coz they know Hopkins and absolutely adore Hopkins over here in montreal

3 fight Kovalev if hbo is ready to put huge $$$ on the line i mean like 2.5 maybe 3 millz with a possibility of a rematch

4 then fight pascal in mtl in whatz gonna be another huge fight in mtl where he easily makes 2 3 millz

that is the planand i agree with him 100% the guy is old and has to make sure his later days are secure. sometimes fans need to understand this is what this guys do for living. you **** up u be broke the rest of your life. no fan is gonna send you a paycheck to pay your morgage
      Yet we're supposed to happily pay for his mortgage and retirement fund whilst he doesnt give us what we want to see. Jesus fecking christ! These kind of 'binnis den boxing' fans are wank.

Comment

Kathy Duva is saying all the right things. I had my fears and trepidation when I heard he signed with Al Haymon. Kathy Duva said it best with "who in the world is better in making sure that the public don't see the fight they really want to see than his new manager" LOL She has it spot on. This is coming from a fans prospective.
        In business terms this is a great move for Stevenson. The risk is not worth the reward in his eyes. He's not young and knows that a KO loss could really hurt him. He older than a lot of fighters and is making the most money he can, as he came in to the sport late.
        Kathy Duva is right that everyone should ask him why he choice not to fight him. I understands both sides but really was looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          This really, really, really sucks. If Stevenson goes to Showtime to fight Hopkins, I think he'll end up losing that fight and Kovalev will be left with nothing. I don't think Hopkins would make a Kovalev fight.
          No way Stevenson loses to a 50 year old, come on! Im not even sure if Hopkins beats Shumenov. Hopkins looked verry hittable and beatable against Murat. If Stevenson connects on hopkins like Murat did, the grandpa will absolutely get flattened!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            No way Stevenson loses to a 50 year old, come on! Im not even sure if Hopkins beats Shumenov. Hopkins looked verry hittable and beatable against Murat. If Stevenson connects on hopkins like Murat did, the grandpa will absolutely get flattened!
            Hopkins purposely fought a lot more action friendly than we're used to against Murat. Against a legit threat, he'd be the spoiling, holding, headbutting old dude we all know and dislike. I think he can still beat Stevenson doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Hopkins purposely fought a lot more action friendly than we're used to against Murat. Against a legit threat, he'd be the spoiling, holding, headbutting old dude we all know and dislike. I think he can still beat Stevenson doing that.
              Well, i dont think so but we will (hopefully) see.

Comment

Duva is right, haymon and Showtime blocked us from seeing a fight we really wanted to see all just to screw over HBO.

This is only going to get worse, haymon with Al his fighters and with complete control of showtimes budget is going to give us garbage constantly. Get use to it, haymon destroys the fights you want to see, offers you lara vs Ishe smith instead.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Duva is right, haymon and Showtime blocked us from seeing a fight we really wanted to see all just to screw over HBO.

This is only going to get worse, haymon with Al his fighters and with complete control of showtimes budget is going to give us garbage constantly. Get use to it, haymon destroys the fights you want to see, offers you lara vs Ishe smith instead.
                  HBO chose not to match the offer. How is that all Haymon's fault? It's his job to get his fighters the most money he can.

Comment

Originally posted by hyeduk View Post
                    9 out of 10 would pay to see Kovalev vs Stevenson, rather than Stevenson vs Hopkins. The latter bout would be boring as hell and only a few ppl would pay to see two black guys fighting. (look whom floyd picks all the time)
                    On the other hand, it's quite obvious that Stevenson is ducking Kovalev
                    9 out of 10 would pay to see Kovalev vs Adonis and vs B-Hop and vs Ward...

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                      Grandpa is not of this world... and he has protection from high places...
                      Grandpa's outcome in the ring is hard to predict.

Comment

Working...
                      X