Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter Slams Adonis Stevenson, Jabs Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RlCKY
    replied
    All I see here is a butthurt promoter upset at the fact that her fighter is going to miss out on an opportunity because of this.

Stevenson was presented with a better offer for the Fonfara fight, naturally he is going to take it. I heard it was 40% more or something?

I'm not the type of person who is worried the fighters trying to get their money. I want to see Stevenson-Kovalev...but I get why Stevenson did what he did. These guys don't give a **** about belts and fans, each fight can be their last so they want to maximize their earnings.

It's easy to speak from the perspective of the fan. But thinking as a fighter, if you're going to make more money in 2 fights on a different network, regardless of who the opponent is, then why wouldn't you take the money?

They don't hire Al Haymon to go on message boards and see what fights fans want to see.

If Sho can come up with that money for Stevenson/Fonfara, then why can't HBO match it, if they think the end result (Stevenson/Kovalev) is going to be profitable to the point to justify that kind of pay for a preliminary bout?

Answer is they can't because it isn't.

If the fight that the people want to see IS the money fight, and it's not being made, then call the fighter all the names you want and I completely agree.

For example Floyd and Manny. They both are POS's because they can't make more money fighting anyone other than each other.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last. Since money is the ultimate driving force in this sport, nothing we can say or do or feel is going to change it.

Leave a comment:

• junior gong
    replied
    Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Yup,they are always throw the racist subliminal jabs at black fighters and managers,and they be the same ones that claim that blacks like to pull out the race card.I`m glad when i see them throw these racist subliminal jabs,because you get to see what`s really behind the fake smiles we all see in public,and people like me are no longer seen as paranoid when you try to tell people certain things.

Leave a comment:

• thuggery
    replied
    Originally posted by peplz View Post
    It doesn't matter what he is. What are you and all of the people that like to support ignorant ass stereotypes by making and agreeing with statements like these. Sheesh. Are we back in the 1950's or what?
    ....What stereotype? He literally pimped out underage girls. Why are you defending his disgusting acts? Poor wittle rapist, let's all bow before him.

Leave a comment:

• Foreign Soil
    replied
    I don't give a damn! And the system is totally corrupt. Adonis Stevenson is responsible for his own actions and you for yours. When people make ignorant stereotypical statements and generalizations it labels a whole group of people not just Adonis Stevenson. You'll never get it cause you don't want to
    Yes, it is a crime to generalize pimps isn't it? Those poor, poor ppl. Maybe they'll slap their girls extra hard for you tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Hougigo
    replied
    Oh god. Take that tired ass line back to Fox News and Sean Hannity
    Im sorry I'm sorry, I meant Rapist, not racist

Leave a comment:

• peplz
    replied
    Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    So Adonis does a bad thing and you get mad at someone for labeling him? Do you think he was innocent and it's just the corrupt system keeping him down?
    I don't give a damn! And the system is totally corrupt. Adonis Stevenson is responsible for his own actions and you for yours. When people make ignorant stereotypical statements and generalizations it labels a whole group of people not just Adonis Stevenson. You'll never get it cause you don't want to

Leave a comment:

• boxingfeind
    replied
    I really can't stand statements like the one above ^^^^. A former ghetto pimp from Haiti huh..? If he was a rich white guy that had once worked on Wall Street and had been convicted of insider trading or conducting a Ponzi scheme would you come up with some stereotypical jargon to put him in a prejudicial box too? I know for a fact that some of the stances that are taken against fighters and their representatives by a lot of you guys are out of pure hatred for black people. You hate Haymon because he is a highly intelligent and influential black man aka uppity negro. You hate mayweather because he is an unapologetic and outspoken black man aka a black radical. You hate Stevenson for just being black and successful and associated with the other "ghetto blacks" you love to hate. Just admit it and stop trying to slime him with all of these stereotypical insults. Or go tell it to the police like you snitching ass law enforcement fans seem to want to do anyway.

Yup,they are always throw the racist subliminal jabs at black fighters and managers,and they be the same ones that claim that blacks like to pull out the race card.I`m glad when i see them throw these racist subliminal jabs,because you get to see what`s really behind the fake smiles we all see in public,and people like me are no longer seen as paranoid when you try to tell people certain things.

Leave a comment:

• MDPopescu
    replied
    Now I'm the one with the hatred for calling out a guy for supporting stereotypes..? "A ghetto pimp from Haiti" isn't an intentionally stereotypical statement? Okay... The sky is green and the grass is blue too...
    I'm often referring to Adonis as "a good/solid Steward's boxing product"...
    But you never saw that, right?

Leave a comment:

• peplz
    replied
    Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    That's.....exactly what he is though. Maybe he should learn to behave himself and not pimp out underage women?
    It doesn't matter what he is. What are you and all of the people that like to support ignorant ass stereotypes by making and agreeing with statements like these. Sheesh. Are we back in the 1950's or what?

Leave a comment:

• peplz
    replied
    Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Okay.... a pimp racist from Haiti?
    Oh god. Take that tired ass line back to Fox News and Sean Hannity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X