Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter Slams Adonis Stevenson, Jabs Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    Im verry pissed about Stevenson now and hope he loses to somebody, i dont care against who! Even if he would fight Ward (which i dont like AT ALL) i would root for Ward! Nobody can denie it, Stevenson is a runner!! Hes runnung away from Kovalev!! Hes ducking him! I will not support Stevenson anymore! He will fight the winner of Hopkins - Shumenov and knock him out no matter who it will be but i will not care about that....
    I'm not pissed about Adonis because I said it here several times that he will not fight Kovalev.
    As about Ward: I don't think he would fight Stevenson. Stevenson is a Steward product and he has a good defence game -- at least for Dre...

    As long as Ward is boxing his usual deconstructive style I will not root for him even against Adonis...

    Comment


    • #82
      I used to be an Adonis fan. My solution is to just not watch his fights anymore.

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by JFalu View Post
        I used to be an Adonis fan. My solution is to just not watch his fights anymore.
        Don't be so harsh on judging a former ghetto pimp from Haiti...
        He's somehow gifted for boxing, but he is what he is, though...

        Comment


        • #84
          Let me get this straight. HBO comes out and makes and announcement that they refuse to work with Golden Boy Promotions and their fighters. They never even mentioned not working with Al Haymon. But even if they had it was a weak and stupid move. Now when a fighter decides to work with Al Haymon he is automatically ducking any fighter that is tied to HBO? Did HBO really think that they were going to be able to force fighters to pledge undying allegiance to them to the extent that they can control who a fighter chooses as a manager? This sounds like a real attempt at exploitation. They knew that this stance would cause many potentially good fights to be impossible to make. And since when has Al Haymon been known as an obstructionist? I've never heard that before. I think that she totally pulled that out of her a$$. Haymon has been known as the guy that has been able to get the best deals for his fighters and for guiding Floyd Mayweather to unprecedented success. So I guess Kathy Duva places all of the blame for the Pacquiao - Mayweather fall out on Haymon and Mayweather and none on Arum and Pacquiao. I guess Bob Arum is the cooperative progressive in the scenario. Sure Kathy. It sounds like she is the one making excuses and trying to demonize the best manager\advisor in the business because she hitched herself to the wrong wagon. She should just be honest and say that she is the one who is unwilling to work with Haymon therefore she is the one unwilling to work on making the fight between the two fighters. Anyone who thinks more people want to see Kovalev fight over Hopkinns is delusional. Kovalev is not a yet a draw even though he is an excellent fighter and huge puncher.

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            pimp thug inner city felon what else can you say about "superman" oh yeah the most gutless coward in all of boxing
            It seems people who like to watch people get punched in the face have a bizarre sense of morality and love the police and the crooked justice system. F!?k the police, the courts, the corrupt politicians, corporations and the slanted ass laws. And all of you snitch a$$ fans... But I guess I'm old school like that.

            Comment


            • #86
              ... Adonis shouldn't have fought Fonfara and could have "smashed" Kov in May for a decent HBO purse, right?
              ... Then Adonis could have signed with Haymon (and Showtime) and go fight B-Hop for a huge-huge purse...

              Adonis didn't do that!!!
              Therefore "a duck is a duck" -- it was never about money...

              Comment


              • #87
                Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Don't be so harsh on judging a former ghetto pimp from Haiti...
                He's somehow gifted for boxing, but he is what he is, though...
                I really can't stand statements like the one above ^^^^. A former ghetto pimp from Haiti huh..? If he was a rich white guy that had once worked on Wall Street and had been convicted of insider trading or conducting a Ponzi scheme would you come up with some stereotypical jargon to put him in a prejudicial box too? I know for a fact that some of the stances that are taken against fighters and their representatives by a lot of you guys are out of pure hatred for black people. You hate Haymon because he is a highly intelligent and influential black man aka uppity negro. You hate mayweather because he is an unapologetic and outspoken black man aka a black radical. You hate Stevenson for just being black and successful and associated with the other "ghetto blacks" you love to hate. Just admit it and stop trying to slime him with all of these stereotypical insults. Or go tell it to the police like you snitching ass law enforcement fans seem to want to do anyway.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by peplz View Post
                  I really can't stand statements like the one above ^^^^. A former ghetto pimp from Haiti huh..? If he was a rich white guy that had once worked on Wall Street and had been convicted of insider trading or conducting a Ponzi scheme would you come up with some stereotypical jargon to put him in a prejudicial box too? I know for a fact that some of the stances that are taken against fighters and their representatives by a lot of you guys are out of pure hatred for black people. You hate Haymon because he is a highly intelligent and influential black man aka uppity negro. You hate mayweather because he is an unapologetic and outspoken black man aka a black radical. You hate Stevenson for just being black and successful and associated with the other "ghetto blacks" you love to hate. Just admit it and stop trying to slime him with all of these stereotypical insults. Or go tell it to the police like you snitching ass law enforcement fans seem to want to do anyway.
                  You get that offended by someone calling Stevenson by what he was? Imagine if he called Adonis by what he isn't. You've got some deep seeded hatred in you - might wanna check it before yo ass get wrecked.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Originally posted by peplz View Post
                    I really can't stand statements like the one above ^^^^. A former ghetto pimp from Haiti huh..? If he was a rich white guy that had once worked on Wall Street and had been convicted of insider trading or conducting a Ponzi scheme would you come up with some stereotypical jargon to put him in a prejudicial box too? I know for a fact that some of the stances that are taken against fighters and their representatives by a lot of you guys are out of pure hatred for black people. You hate Haymon because he is a highly intelligent and influential black man aka uppity negro. You hate mayweather because he is an unapologetic and outspoken black man aka a black radical. You hate Stevenson for just being black and successful and associated with the other "ghetto blacks" you love to hate. Just admit it and stop trying to slime him with all of these stereotypical insults. Or go tell it to the police like you snitching ass law enforcement fans seem to want to do anyway.
                    I've said:
                    "Don't be so harsh on judging a former ghetto pimp from Haiti...
                    He's somehow gifted for boxing, but he is what he is, though..."


                    What is false in this statement?

                    I don't know who Haymon is and I don't care...

                    I like "black" boxers such as Floyd, Bradley, B-Hop and even Adonis...

                    You face some problems which I don't approach in this way... If Adonis was a white ghetto pimp from London, I would have stated it accordingly...

                    Any other problems?

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Originally posted by peplz View Post
                      I really can't stand statements like the one above ^^^^. A former ghetto pimp from Haiti huh..?
                      That's.....exactly what he is though. Maybe he should learn to behave himself and not pimp out underage women?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP