Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweetPbfAli
    replied
    Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    Amen to that. Boxing fans want to watch the best fight the best but since we got these business savy posters that care more about the business side of boxing than watching the best vs best. I guess that's what it's all about nowadays.

Network fanboys
    Promoter fanboys

GTFO out with this crap
    That's such a narrow minded view. I want to see the best fights but I would be a hypocrite to sit on the internet and tell a fighter to not make a smart business decision when he's getting punched in the face for a living. I'm not a fan of what Haymon is doing but from a fighter's perspective, I completely understand.

Leave a comment:

• bojangles1987
    replied
    Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    We should just find group to silently follow Stevenson throughout his day with signs saying "Fight Kovalev!"

No speech, no action, just follow him around at a 20 ft distance.
    Someone should hire the Westboro Baptist Church and tell them the only way Stevenson can be cured of his ****sexuality is by fighting Kovalev. They'd follow him everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• turnedup
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the Haymon apologist will also find a way of blaming Bob Arum for this..what's weird is this is the third person in 12 months to take shots at GBP and Haymon about their refusal to work with other promoters for their bigger stars..yet people will make excuse upon excuse...don't see duva, dibella and arum having any issues facing their fighters against each other.

Leave a comment:

• SlySlickSmooth
    replied
    We should just find group to silently follow Stevenson throughout his day with signs saying "Fight Kovalev!"

No speech, no action, just follow him around at a 20 ft distance.

Leave a comment:

• Rezelby
    replied
    right on Kathy... the pimp Adonis and his tranny father Al Haymon can go rot in hell

Leave a comment:

• MDPopescu
    replied
    Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
    Obviously Kovalev isn't the first choice for most fighters. He is the worst risk/reward fight in the division. At some point he's gonna have to overpay for an opponent with a name to add to his resume and increase his popularity with casual fans. Then HBO will put more money on the table for his fights and he will be able to get the top names in the division.

My first reply was to make people realize the Stevenson-Kovalev fight still wasn't off the table. We're still 6 months away from the planned moment for that fight. Call me an optimist, but I still think the fight will happen.
    This kind of reasoning may exist only because there are many alphabet belts to date... Remember when there was only one world title...

Leave a comment:

• Taranazan
    replied
    Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    I don't say anybody is ducking Kovalev... I only say that nobody wants to fight him to date -- Stevenson, B-Hop, Cloud, Pascal, Ward, you name them...
    Obviously Kovalev isn't the first choice for most fighters. He is the worst risk/reward fight in the division. At some point he's gonna have to overpay for an opponent with a name to add to his resume and increase his popularity with casual fans. Then HBO will put more money on the table for his fights and he will be able to get the top names in the division.

My first reply was to make people realize the Stevenson-Kovalev fight still wasn't off the table. We're still 6 months away from the planned moment for that fight. Call me an optimist, but I still think the fight will happen.

Leave a comment:

• bopbopbbe
    replied
    I do hope Stevenson will fight him, on Showtime or HBO. But to say he is ducking before the agreed moment of the fight (in the fall) is premature. If Stevenson beats Fonfara and then signs for a fight in the fall against another nobody, then I'll agree it's a duck, but it isn't abnormal at this point that the Stevenson-Kovalev deal isn't signed. The fall is still a long way ahead.
    No its not too early to call it a duck. We all saw this coming a mile away. If Stevenson goes to showtime for this fight, he will fight Hopkins next guarenteed its not even a discussion really. Its the fight he wanted all along anyway and there's no way showtime would over pay for this fonfora fight without some goal.

Stevenson is literally running to another network to duck
    A kovalev fight. The only reason it almost happened before was cause they were both hbo fighters. At the earliest we might see the fight sometime in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• MDPopescu
    replied
    I do hope Stevenson will fight him, on Showtime or HBO. But to say he is ducking before the agreed moment of the fight (in the fall) is premature. If Stevenson beats Fonfara and then signs for a fight in the fall against another nobody, then I'll agree it's a duck, but it isn't abnormal at this point that the Stevenson-Kovalev deal isn't signed. The fall is still a long way ahead.
    I don't say anybody is ducking Kovalev... I only say that nobody wants to fight him to date -- Stevenson, B-Hop, Cloud, Pascal, Ward, you name them...

Leave a comment:

• Taranazan
    replied
    Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Provided that Kovalev would move to Showtime... do you think Adonis and B-Hop would fight him?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X