Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bojangles1987
    replied
    Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    No way Stevenson loses to a 50 year old, come on! Im not even sure if Hopkins beats Shumenov. Hopkins looked verry hittable and beatable against Murat. If Stevenson connects on hopkins like Murat did, the grandpa will absolutely get flattened!
    Hopkins purposely fought a lot more action friendly than we're used to against Murat. Against a legit threat, he'd be the spoiling, holding, headbutting old dude we all know and dislike. I think he can still beat Stevenson doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Tobi.G
    replied
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    This really, really, really sucks. If Stevenson goes to Showtime to fight Hopkins, I think he'll end up losing that fight and Kovalev will be left with nothing. I don't think Hopkins would make a Kovalev fight.
    No way Stevenson loses to a 50 year old, come on! Im not even sure if Hopkins beats Shumenov. Hopkins looked verry hittable and beatable against Murat. If Stevenson connects on hopkins like Murat did, the grandpa will absolutely get flattened!

Leave a comment:

• kavi521
    replied
    Kathy Duva is saying all the right things. I had my fears and trepidation when I heard he signed with Al Haymon. Kathy Duva said it best with "who in the world is better in making sure that the public don't see the fight they really want to see than his new manager" LOL She has it spot on. This is coming from a fans prospective.
    In business terms this is a great move for Stevenson. The risk is not worth the reward in his eyes. He's not young and knows that a KO loss could really hurt him. He older than a lot of fighters and is making the most money he can, as he came in to the sport late.
    Kathy Duva is right that everyone should ask him why he choice not to fight him. I understands both sides but really was looking forward to this fight.

Leave a comment:

• junior gong
    replied
    Originally posted by leericists View Post
    here is what i think is Peterson plan

1 fight fonfara make the most money possible with the network that is ready the pay the most $$$

2 make 2 millz fighting Hopkins in montreal in what is gonna be a huge fight for quebecers coz they know Hopkins and absolutely adore Hopkins over here in montreal

3 fight Kovalev if hbo is ready to put huge $$$ on the line i mean like 2.5 maybe 3 millz with a possibility of a rematch

4 then fight pascal in mtl in whatz gonna be another huge fight in mtl where he easily makes 2 3 millz

that is the planand i agree with him 100% the guy is old and has to make sure his later days are secure. sometimes fans need to understand this is what this guys do for living. you **** up u be broke the rest of your life. no fan is gonna send you a paycheck to pay your morgage
    Yet we're supposed to happily pay for his mortgage and retirement fund whilst he doesnt give us what we want to see. Jesus fecking christ! These kind of 'binnis den boxing' fans are wank.

Leave a comment:

• Tobi.G
    replied
    Im verry pissed about Stevenson now and hope he loses to somebody, i dont care against who! Even if he would fight Ward (which i dont like AT ALL) i would root for Ward! Nobody can denie it, Stevenson is a runner!! Hes runnung away from Kovalev!! Hes ducking him! I will not support Stevenson anymore! He will fight the winner of Hopkins - Shumenov and knock him out no matter who it will be but i will not care about that....

Leave a comment:

• jas
    replied
    WhAt I am realising is the IQ of People defending Stevenson is lower

Leave a comment:

• jas
    replied
    Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
    Does Kovalev have a contract with HBO preventing him to fight on Showtime?

Does Stevenson's fight on Showtime against Fonfara prevents him to go back to HBO for his next fight (apart from the fact he signed with Haymon)?

Why is everyone so mad at Stevenson for taking the best offer for the Fonfara fight, and no one is blaming HBO for not matching Showtime's offer for the Fonfara fight?
    Kovalev has a multi-fight deal with hbo.

- no it doesn't but writing is on the wall as to what is gonna happen . It's obvious show time won't pay for a fonfara fight if some sort of agreement to fight Hopkins after was in place

- because Stevenson made agreement 2 months ago for 2 fight deal but then changed his mind and signed with al haymon because he didn't like the fact that hbo wanted the fonfara fight only if he fought kovalev next

Leave a comment:

• jas
    replied
    Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Do you understand he's fighting Fonfara next?
    Hahah great point. Can't believe these idiots defending Stevenson

Leave a comment:

• jas
    replied
    Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    It's almost pathetic seeing someone with as much KO power as Adonis has to literally be running away from Kovalev with his tail tucked...

What is he so afraid of?
    Stevenson knows he's packing glass. I'm confident Hopkins that fought pascal 4 years ago would have beat Stevenson up but today's Hopkins, I'm not so sure. Have to see how he looks April 19th.

Leave a comment:

• PACnPBFsuck
    replied
    Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    Just as he should. It must be somewhat agitating knowing that Stevenson ran to Haymon and Showtime just to duck Kovalev so he can fight an ancient Hopkins.

Unfortunately even with all the fans disgusted at Stevenson's ducking, he doesn't seem to care.
    That's what pimps do

Leave a comment:

Working...
X