No announcement yet.

Cuauhtemoc1520's take on Canelo vs Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Didn't you also said the Mayweather-Mosley fight was fixed(Rhetorical question, I know you did say this), and the Trout-Canelo fight was fixed(Same)? Now Canelo-Angulo was also fixed.

Maybe boxing is not the sport for you. I just googled "conspiracy theory forums" and I found this, it looks pretty good.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php

You should join up, I don't think you should watch anymore boxing, you should instead become an avid conspiracy theorist in general topics. IF you join, let me know, I will join up too so that you will have a familiar member on there. I'm serious.
    Alvarez/Trout probably was fixed from the judge's standpoint, considering two of them had declared the fight over after 8 dead-even rounds.

Comment

My dog is fixed. She can no longer have any puppies

Comment

This was the fishiest fight ever. Weight scales robbery, referee premature stoppage robbery and a fighter that was clearly paid off to not hurt the other guy. I first noticed something was up when Angulo's ring walk started. He looked like a man with a terrible duty to perform. Jesus guys, this fight has made me start questioning the point of watching boxing at all. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          My friend, do you seriously think Canelo Alvarez could have actually "counter punch and moved" his way through the Angulo fight? Come on now. Trout is Trout. Angulo is Angulo. He had no choice but to engage.
          That's what most thought he would do. Don't you think for a counter puncher like Canelo that would have been the better option? You act as if Canelo is a come forward fighter, he's not. He will come forward and stop you if he has you hurt. but he's a counter puncher by trade.

He had plenty of choices, he has the skills to do what he wants in there, especially when facing a limited fighter like Angulo.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Why do you think Angulo, and even Hunter, never made any attempt to cut off Canelo on the right and walk him towards the left hook?
          I don't know if they didn't want to do that. I heard Hunter begging Angulo to step up the pressure, and I'm sure cutting off the ring was part of that. Again, Kev made some great points that **** changes when you are being hit at will.

It's easy to tell a fighter to do one thing, but when Canelo came out in round 1 and just hit Angulo at will, I think his demeanor changed. He was being pushed backwards, and he couldn't fight off his back foot. There were two instances when he came forward and landed some decent shots and you could see the power change, but contrary to popular belief, Canelo can move, he's just not a boxer in the classical way.

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          canelo was 170 lbs fight time
          Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Also, look at 2:20 of round Mosley vs Margarito, I only remember vaguely but I looked the youtube video now. Look at 2:20, Mosley lands a left hook that makes Margarito stumble back a little and look how his behavior changes after that. But for like the first 40 seconds of the round, Margarito was active and throwing. The left hook changed his mind about trading with Mosley. It was the beginning of the end since round 1 n that fight. Mosley's body punching against Marg was brutal as well. Look at Margarito's pity pat punches as the rounds go on, because of those body punches. I saw nothing different, extraordinary, or unusual in the Canelo-Angulo fight. It was a very similar fight to Mosley-Margarito.
          Yup, someone gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            That's what most thought he would do. Don't you think for a counter puncher like Canelo that would have been the better option? You act as if Canelo is a come forward fighter, he's not. He will come forward and stop you if he has you hurt. but he's a counter puncher by trade.

He had plenty of choices, he has the skills to do what he wants in there, especially when facing a limited fighter like Angulo.

I don't know if they didn't want to do that. I heard Hunter begging Angulo to step up the pressure, and I'm sure cutting off the ring was part of that. Again, Kev made some great points that **** changes when you are being hit at will.

It's easy to tell a fighter to do one thing, but when Canelo came out in round 1 and just hit Angulo at will, I think his demeanor changed. He was being pushed backwards, and he couldn't fight off his back foot. There were two instances when he came forward and landed some decent shots and you could see the power change, but contrary to popular belief, Canelo can move, he's just not a boxer in the classical way.

Yup, someone gets it.
            you should watch the newest vid from dwyer.. he makes interesting points and is pretty critical of canelo. he doesnt think he can be a champ at 160 because of his stamina and weight problems at such a young age

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              you should watch the newest vid from dwyer.. he makes interesting points and is pretty critical of canelo. he doesnt think he can be a champ at 160 because of his stamina and weight problems at such a young age
              With all due respect to that dude Dwyer, I saw two of his videos and he doens't know much about boxing. I think he gets most his info from places like this, and doesn't actually know a lot about the sport.

I think this lack of stamina that Canelo has is way over done IMO. He could be in better shape, but he threw for 8 rounds hard and wasn't gassed. Only in the 9th and 10th did he really slow down, but because of his style, I don't think that's really going to affect him unless he faces a bigger pressure fighter.

160 is tough because Canelo is not a big 160 compared to some of the guys there. We will see, I just don't know how people just make these definitive statements when Canelo has grown leaps and bounds over the last 2 years and he's 23.

Comment

canelo is turning into a beast, really starting to like this guy

Comment

With all due respect to that dude Dwyer, I saw two of his videos and he doens't know much about boxing. I think he gets most his info from places like this, and doesn't actually know a lot about the sport.

I think this lack of stamina that Canelo has is way over done IMO. He could be in better shape, but he threw for 8 rounds hard and wasn't gassed. Only in the 9th and 10th did he really slow down, but because of his style, I don't think that's really going to affect him unless he faces a bigger pressure fighter.

160 is tough because Canelo is not a big 160 compared to some of the guys there. We will see, I just don't know how people just make these definitive statements when Canelo has grown leaps and bounds over the last 2 years and he's 23.
                  true he can talk out of his ass at points but he knows his stuff.. he is wrong alot though. but i think it is interesting, no i dont think canelo stamina is as big a problem as some play it out to be but i can see where they're coming from. the angulo fight he looked better and in good shape, the big argument was whether or not canelo was dropping his hands and rolling with punches as a sign of fatigue, or just being flashy

Comment

Who? I didn't see anybody talking about him trying to box and move and if they had I would have assumed they have no clue what they're talking about. Canelo is extremely flat footed and incapable of fighting that way under pressure. That's ridiculous.

How am I acting like he's a "come forward" fighter? That's the last thing Canelo is. If he was he would have given himself a much better chance of beating Mayweather and collapsed on him. Instead he stayed on the outside like a moron and tried to outbox a grandmaster like Floyd. I'll tell you how much of a "come forward" fighter he is; he can't come forward or doesn't know how.

Comment

Canelo did counter punch. Counter punching doesn't mean fighting off the back foot all the time. It about timing and getting off first. It's about knowing the rhythm of your opponent and getting in to his head. I'm glad Canelo learned from that Mayweather fight. He used to try Mayweather moves in previous bouts and you can tell he didn't know what he was doing or truly understood the concept. I guess experience is the greatest teacher especially if it was used against you. Canelo looked more like Mayweather than Broner ever did. Only people that actually watch the fights and have a trained eye can see what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X