Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you kidding me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%100 fixed! Angulo wasn't putting any power in his punches, it seemed like he was tapping the heavy bag. And who says bull**** stoppages happen in the Uk.

Comment

People need to remember that boxing is a dirty game with a lot of money involved.

Anything is possible.

Comment

I won't say it was rigged because of the amount of punishment he took.

He could have gone down on any of those hard shots in the earlier rounds, given Canelo an impressive KO win, and saved himself further damage.

I think it was awful conditioning together with awful tactics from Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
          I won't say it was rigged because of the amount of punishment he took.

He could have gone down on any of those hard shots in the earlier rounds, given Canelo an impressive KO win, and saved himself further damage.

I think it was awful conditioning together with awful tactics from Hunter.
          You don't have to get KO'd to rig a fight.

For many guys taking punishment is a matter of pride so long as you don't get KO'd. That's doubly true for Mexicans.

I'd believe it about conditioning if he had punched himself out, but he was winging weakass punches from round #1.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            You don't have to get KO'd to rig a fight.

For many guys taking punishment is a matter of pride so long as you don't get KO'd. That's doubly true for Mexicans.

I'd believe it about conditioning if he had punched himself out, but he was winging weakass punches from round #1.
            But taking that much punishment is likely to lead to a stoppage, which it did, and it clearly hurt his pride. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

i've seen stone cold steve austin fights in my youth more believable than this!

angulo will always be remembered as trash after tonight. throw him back in that detention center or take his visa away, that clown does not deserve to earn big checks in high profile fights after pathetically throwing this fight. any moron on this forum that can't see that this fight was fixed needs to stop watching this sport, haha. this was just downright embarrassing. glad i worked during the telecast and ended up not paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                I've watched boxing for 20 years.

That was a rigged fight. Even total newcomers could see it. I had my 12 yr old cousin yelling at the TV at this WWE type ****.
                So it makes it your conspiracy theory more convincing because a 12/yo agrees with you?

ok....

Comment

Very iffy fight. I like both guys well enough so it's not sour grapes. Angulo threw punches like a man trying not to hurry the other guy. Almost everything was an arm punch thrown softly. The opportunities were certainly there to throw. It didn't pass the eye test.

Comment

GTFO with this weak conspiracy theory BS.
                    There is NOTHING Canelo or Golden Boy could offer Angulo that would equal what he would gain if he beats Canelo. He wins this fight he sets himself up for some huge fights and also as a credible opponent for a possible Mayweather payday in September as right now it is slim pickings for Floyd.
                    You think he turns that down for a few bucks and a second loss in a row that severely sets his career back?

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                      So it makes it your conspiracy theory more convincing because a 12/yo agrees with you?

ok....
                      Because rigged fights in Boxing have NEVER happened right?

Especially not in fights where one fighter is the promotional company's golden child coming off a loss desperately in need of an impressive win and the other guy is financially unstable.

Comment

Working...
                      X