No announcement yet.

Are you kidding me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valero View Post
    If it was fixed then why wouldn't they plan an early knockout win for Canelo?

He could just take one clean shot on his chin and get up too late for the count.

Why would he take 10 rounds of punishment? His face looked like hell.
    Angulo did a poor job of selling it.

That's pretty much the reason why we're even having this discussion.

It didn't look like Angulo even wanted to hurt Canelo in there. When Goldenboy felt that it was becoming a bit too obvious they pulled the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Angulo should have taken lessons from Clottey. If you're gonna throw a fight, at least cover up and defend yourself.
      Unless he was directed to make Canelo look good and make sure that Canelo doesn't take too much punishment.

Comment

I don't know, it just seemed like he was tired. Maybe he didn't sleep well or had some health issues that he kept to himself. I thought the Ortiz - Collazo fight was fixed, but sometimes fighters just have a bad night.

Comment

If it was fixed then why wouldn't they plan an early knockout win for Canelo?

He could just take one clean shot on his chin and get up too late for the count.

Why would he take 10 rounds of punishment? His face looked like hell.
          I dunno, maybe the deal was to not throw hard. . . (If there was one)

Comment

The fight sounds like money well saved to me...

Comment

I don't know, it just seemed like he was tired. Maybe he didn't sleep well or had some health issues that he kept to himself. I thought the Ortiz - Collazo fight was fixed, but sometimes fighters just have a bad night.
              But see, Victor was fighting though. He was throwing shots with intent to hurt. But Angulo rarely did, especially in the beginning. He was throwing SOFT shots or not throwing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul_Good View Post
                The fight sounds like money well saved to me...
                It was basically Man vs. Piņata

Comment

Angulo throws punches like I throw them in my dreams, slow and lethargic

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    Unless he was directed to make Canelo look good and make sure that Canelo doesn't take too much punishment.
                    That could very well be the case. I'm not usually one to dwell on conspiracy theories but this fight was particularly suspect.

Comment

I was watching on stream and I think I saw Tony Weeks with a smirk on his face right after he stopped it

I'm gonna watch it later in HD, but if he did smirk than I think he was in on it too

Comment

Working...
                      X