Gennady Golovkin, Chavez Jr. camps target a July 12 fight at Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    When did he lobby to not get stripped?

Cheated history? What by fighting a select amount of times at a weight?

This has nothing to with Floyd anyway, it's to do with Golovkin seemingly changing his mind every minute. "I'll fight at 154-160" "I'll only fight at 160, no where else" "I'll fight at 168 but only against Chavez"
    ward says he'll fight at 160 but only against mayweather ... so what's your point? Every fighter out there has a team that picks the best fights for them to advance their carerrs hence why Ward was trying to get chavez or GGG and not Kovalev.

... I guess if you want find things to nit pick about any fighter you can so whatever. GGG v Chavez = something to look forward imo ... if you don't think so then fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      When did he lobby to not get stripped?

Cheated history? What by fighting a select amount of times at a weight?

This has nothing to with Floyd anyway, it's to do with Golovkin seemingly changing his mind every minute. "I'll fight at 154-160" "I'll only fight at 160, no where else" "I'll fight at 168 but only against Chavez"
      http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/may...ba-belt-189414

Sure enough they didnt strip him. But he forgot to mention he wanted to defend/unify at a catchweight!

Comment

• Count me in!
        That will be hilarious to see Chavez be made to quit haha!!

Comment

• mos def looking forward to this fight. wonder if that iron chin will stand up to the power off ggg and if ggg can hang with a body puncher like jr

Comment

• Jr is gonna get lit up

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              ward says he'll fight at 160 but only against mayweather ... so what's your point? Every fighter out there has a team that picks the best fights for them to advance their carerrs hence why Ward was trying to get chavez or GGG and not Kovalev.

... I guess if you want find things to nit pick about any fighter you can so whatever. GGG v Chavez = something to look forward imo ... if you don't think so then fair enough.
              What does that have to do with anything?

Why is it a reflex here to bring up a completely different fighter?

Ward saying he'll go to 160 just for Mayweather is just as comical. Infact more comical because he'd never go to 160 ever. Was there a point to bringing Andre Ward into the conversation because I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/may...ba-belt-189414

Sure enough they didnt strip him. But he forgot to mention he wanted to defend/unify at a catchweight!
                The link doesn't work.

What's the big deal with defending or unifying at a catchweight? It's not that big a deal.

And again what does Mayweather have to do with anything?

Comment

• jr. gonna get got like his uncle chapo.

Comment

• Its a good step up but I am sure people will still moan I am not giving him enough credit despite the fact they gave Sergio zero credit for beating the **** out of Chavez Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Here is Chavez and GGG sparring. Sure some people will say, sparring means nothing. Thats fine, but you can see how huge the gulf in skill level is here, and you can see how easily GGG will be able to Tee off on Chavez.
                      While still largely "unknown" in the U.S. Golovkin managed to meet some "top dogs" in sparring...
                      GGG also had "successful" sparrings with Alvarez, Angulo, Quillin...

Comment

Working...
                      X