Gennady Golovkin, Chavez Jr. camps target a July 12 fight at Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    LOL

Martinez embarrassed by this "bum" in front of millions. The only part people remember from that fight is that 12th round when Chavez finally let his hands go. In a rematch, Chavez would beat the living crap out of Martinez again.

Comment

• Chavez took over 300 punches from Martinez. Martinez used Chavez as a punching bag for 11.5 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
        Chavez took over 300 punches from Martinez. Martinez used Chavez as a punching bag for 11.5 rounds.
        He really did
        And look at how ridiculous that size advantage was for Chavez. It's like two different weight classes
        Last edited by BigZigga; 03-06-2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          What's so bad about it? Why is it such a big deal to you.

And how is it cheating history?

I don't understand what you mean.

What does this have to do with Golovkin?
          Well if you think catchweights are bad, that one is very bad from multiple angles, Floyd's hypocrisy aside. It matters to me since as a Pac fan I had to endure sanctimonious CW bull**** from Floyd's minions here, day in day out, until May of last year.

Cheating history, you should ask these guys that introduced the lingo, mostly flo mos. Might ask "turbotime", I see he's back with an alt. But one example is being 2x, unified, lineal, reigning champ (for almost 2 years) who unified at a CW, and should be excused from fighting all comers at the weight. That's one whale of a paper champ.

^^^ This doesn't belong in the thread, just to answer your questions, but the point is if you're fine with one guy going up just for the big money fights, you should understand when another guy does it. It's double true if your guy has heavy credentials at the weight, and you want to excuse him from fighting anyone too threatening there, nevermind p4p #2.

Comment

• This is as about as guaranteed a war as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
              He really did
              And look at how ridiculous that size advantage was for Chavez. It's like two different weight classes
              Chavez will have a similar size advantage over Golovkin. Perhaps even more given that the fight will be at 168.

Comment

• We may finally see GGG on the back foot however if somebody like Kovalev respects his power I don't think Chavez Jr will be causing him any fits.

Good fight, just hope Chavez doesn't go balls to the wall and thinks about his wellbeing, boxing is one thing, but risking your life is something else.

Comment

• Still wants no parts of ward

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                    Still wants no parts of ward
                    He just took Ward's paycheck - the most important part of Ward.

Comment

• Chavez jr fights the guys no one else wants to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X