Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Powers Past Lomachenko With Split Nod Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd pro fight for a world title, that in itself is an achievement and really shows his talent, he may be a VERY experienced amateur, but when Loca was amateur the scoring was completely different to pros, so he would of approached every one of those fights differently.

Comment

• Lomachenko can't beat Donaire ! forget Rigondeaux, he is in his own level !

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Yep, he did well to still have something left in the 11th and 12th rounds, but it had a lot more to do with Salido trying to slough off all the weight suddenly and being poorly prepared against a guy with 1 fight that he probably assumed he was going to knock out in 5 or 6 rounds. You could tell he wasn't well trained for it at all and just didn't give any serious thought to the possibility that a kid with 1 fight might actually go the full 12.

However, I think it had a lot more to do with Salido just thinking there was nothing this kid with 1 pro fight, basically still an amateur, could do that would possibly get him the win, so he took it easy and didn't train. Or, at least he trained to just lose the weight rather than win a big championship fight. Even that didn't work too well though and ended up making him slower, tire easier and eventually get hurt briefly in the 12th.

Just shows you though, for everyone saying this kid could pass SRR as the GOAT, and that he was already one of the best in the world, for him to not be able to do anything against a declining, weight weakened, old Salido who didn't train properly, he still has a long way to go. Which is why you work your way up.

The real top FWs in the world would have had this version of Siri for lunch.

That makes sense, I thought Salido looked pretty sluggish out there, haven't seen him look that bad ever.

People were saying Salido came in overweight on purpose but I think it was due to a poor training camp. He came in 2lbs over the limit but rehydrated by 19lbs, that's insane. He was severely weight drained, and it showed when he fought.

Comment

• I could say "I told you so!" but i won't. This fight was to early for Loma. You cant beat a fighter like that in your second pro fight, you just cant.

Comment

• Very good win for Salido, I think Lomachenko is better but it was more a case of experience, he will be back better. Maybe they can have a rematch later.

Comment

• Nothing to be ashamed for Loma. His opponent had more experience and came so over weight. On top of that all those low blows were excessive

Comment

• It was a good performance in a very close fight but it looked like he doesn't have faith in his power or chin yet.

I'm not sure getting the record would've been good for him anyway. He'd be a huge target for much better fighters than Salido.

Comment

• Just goes to show the vast difference between Amantuer boxing and Pro boxing.

I wasn't impressed at all with this guy, distinctly average.

Comment

• Although the fight wasn't pretty and Salido did fight it dirty,
                    I saw this fight as a victory for professional boxing and professionalism itself.

You don't just come in on your 2nd world fight and be the favorite against one of the toughest fighters in your division.

A lot of people sleep on Salido. They see his 12 loses and think he's not that great, but what they fail to realize is that he had a lot of those loses before he was 22 years old, fighting as a boy against grown men.

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                      Nothing to be ashamed for Loma. His opponent had more experience and came so over weight. On top of that all those low blows were excessive
                      I agree with you that it was unprofessional that Salido didn't come in on weight. But don't say he came in so overweight on fight night.
                      Lots of fighters ballon after their weigh in.
                      When Pacquiao for instance was fighting at 130 (just 4 lbs over what the limit for this fight was) he consistently came in at 145 on fight night.

Funny how people never bother to point that out.
                      Last edited by JJRod; 03-02-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X