Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Powers Past Lomachenko With Split Nod Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I thought it was a disgraceful performance by Salido and an even worse one by Cole. Loma won the fight in my eyes as well, but it was close. Salido definitely should have lost a point with all the low blows he threw. He hardly even attempted any head shots. He just the body shots and low blows all night. It was effective but not classy at all

Comment

• It's funny to see many so-called fans don't give Salido credit for his win. Sure, he hit low sometimes but he was forcing the fight. Lomachenko was just hugging and pushing all night without any points deducted. Holding without being hurt, or offensice holding is disrespectful for the fans that pay to see a fight, not a dance. Loma was younger, fresher and better prepared and fought like a coward. Krap.hi

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
        It's funny to see many so-called fans don't give Salido credit for his win. Sure, he hit low sometimes but he was forcing the fight. Lomachenko was just hugging and pushing all night without any points deducted. Holding without being hurt, or offensice holding is disrespectful for the fans that pay to see a fight, not a dance. Loma was younger, fresher and better prepared and fought like a coward. Krap.hi
        He fought dirty as hell, was two weight classes above and almost got knocked out against a guy with one professional fight.

Yea, he deserves all the credit in the world

Comment

• one thing was cheating vs Loma; different was vs Gamboa.
          Gamboa and Garcia both put Siri as a B class boxer, now B class and CHEATER. :*******:

Comment

• 02-27-2014, 01:37 am
            Originally posted by mdpopescu View Post
            too early to rate lomachenko as a top pro...
            In my opinion his style is too aesthetically manifest... Too many unnecessary "nice" moves and punches...
            This fight will have to show something more explicit about loma dealing with a top pro fighter...

Comment

• Max K. was spouting about the 'weight issue' every got damn second of the fight like it's something new in boxing. **** was tedious to listen to and the HBO-team clearly wanted 'Chenko to win - even if Salido took it pretty convincingly. You can't just barge in the front door and take on a champion without doing anything. The veteran showed how different pro-boxing is opposed to the amateurs. There was nothing "Hi-Tech" about 'Chenko tonight. He a great boxer but this is the pros - it's a fight.

Look, I don't like weight-issues surrounding boxing either but let's not pretend it doesn't happen often - e.g. Mayweather faces opponents with well over 15-20lbs weight advantages and no one cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Most had it pretty close, so he definitely had more chance than Cruz or most title challengers at 126 you see. He actually did best in rounds 11, 12, which was also surprising.
                You obviously missed my point. Because I really don't care if Lomachenko knocked him cold in the 1st round and looked great doing it. My point being that either way he did not deserve to be in any kind of a title fight in his 2nd pro fight.

To me the fight was an absolute sham and I see forum members complaining almost daily about fighters getting undeserved title shots. And now what, they can expect one just by turning pro after winning Olympic gold? In my opinion that is absolutely ridiculous.

By the way I did not think Lomachenko looked good. What I saw was what he is an amateur fighter who had spurts of good combos with fast hands that needs to learn the pro game. I also think that it was good for his career that he lost.

Because now he go back to what he should have been doing by fighting four or six round fights and learn the pro game. However, I will say this Salido should have been disqualified and that ref should never be allowed at future boxing events unless he buys a ticket at the door. What a clown he was.
                Last edited by Ravens Fan; 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                  How so? Verdejo is better in every category.
                  Don't kid yourself. If he was better in every category, he would have beaten Lom in their fight. Lom will make him miss and make him pay and nothing can give Verdejo the early the experience Lom just got. He is not as skilled nor can he play catchup to Lom and would have to fight for the title in his next fight just to be where Lom is at after proving he can fight with the best and hang in there well under disadvantages.
                  Last edited by richardt; 03-02-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Loma could of fought way better but Salido fought a very good strategy. Pressuring and goin to the body. It definitely slowed down Loma. Full credit to Salido but he shouldn't be at that weight class anymore. Loma will come back he put up a good effort it just wasn't enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                      Max K. was spouting about the 'weight issue' every got damn second of the fight like it's something new in boxing. **** was tedious to listen to and the HBO-team clearly wanted 'Chenko to win - even if Salido took it pretty convincingly. You can't just barge in the front door and take on a champion without doing anything. The veteran showed how different pro-boxing is opposed to the amateurs. There was nothing "Hi-Tech" about 'Chenko tonight. He a great boxer but this is the pros - it's a fight.

Look, I don't like weight-issues surrounding boxing either but let's not pretend it doesn't happen often - e.g. Mayweather faces opponents with well over 15-20lbs weight advantages and no one cares.
                      I hear you, HBO has been killing me. On road to Chavez Vera 2 you had Kellerman and Lampley actually trying to make a case for Chavez making the first fight a draw. Vera clearly won the first fight. They gave Lomachenko every excuse in the book last night, but the truth is weight advantages, and low blows are nothing new in boxing, and Salido has been throwing low and bending the rules for years. They should have known what they were up against. The kid still impressed me, and I do think he will be a world champ. But I picked Salido for this reason, he's too seasoned and has a big enough bag of tricks to lose to a guy who's got 1 pro fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X