Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time Floyd faced 1 punch KO power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana hits hard with both hands and has a non stop attacking style but he is not that big and looks a bit fat for a boxer at 147. Canelo is a much bigger guy than Maidana and probably hits harder for one punch or lots of punches. He took out Lopez quicker and easier with fewer punches than Maidana did. Maidana did not put Khan away and Canelo would have no trouble KOing Khan. Maidana could KO Mayweather if he hit him just right and followed it up with more good punches. I doubt any welterweight is going to KO Mayweather with one punch because Floyd has a very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Maidana hits hard with both hands and has a non stop attacking style but he is not that big and looks a bit fat for a boxer at 147. Canelo is a much bigger guy than Maidana and probably hits harder for one punch or lots of punches. He took out Lopez quicker and easier with fewer punches than Maidana did. Maidana did not put Khan away and Canelo would have no trouble KOing Khan. Maidana could KO Mayweather if he hit him just right and followed it up with more good punches. I doubt any welterweight is going to KO Mayweather with one punch because Floyd has a very good chin.
      Lets not forget that version of khan was taking the same mystery ariza shakes that manny was taking when he was knocking everyone out at his peak. whatever was in those shakes certainly made khan more durable than he is at his current form.

Comment

For anyone thinking Canelo Alvarez or Shane Mosley is a bigger puncher than Marcos Maidana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-H...utu.be&t=12m2s

Josesito Lopez says Maidana is, by a long shot, a bigger puncher than Canelo.

I have a source. What are you basing your opinion on?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          For anyone thinking Canelo Alvarez or Shane Mosley is a bigger puncher than Marcos Maidana.

and he has been in the ring with both. chino punches harder by a longshot. there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
            and he has been in the ring with both. chino punches harder by a longshot. there it is.

so that makes it automatic even though Canelo ran through Lopez much easier then Maidana did? Lopez likes Maidana and hates Canelo. Im not saying its not true. I think MM is p4p top 5 puncher if not higher but Canelo is still naturally alot bigger & stronger

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              so that makes it automatic even though Canelo ran through Lopez much easier then Maidana did? Lopez likes Maidana and hates Canelo. Im not saying its not true. I think MM is p4p top 5 puncher if not higher but Canelo is still naturally alot bigger & stronger
              thats true but there is a difference between physical strenth and punching power. i'm sure canelo could bench press much more than maidana but when the 2 punch someone its maidana that has the concussive power. do you think matthew hatton goes the distance with maidana? i think he'd take a canvas nap like his brother ricky did

Comment

Josesito Lopez said, without question, that "Maidana has the hardest single punch out of all those guys."

"Those guys" being Victor Ortiz, Saul Alvarez, and MM.

"Hardest single punch."

That means that if Canelo, Ortiz, and Maidana have one chance to hit the same guy with one punch, Maidana's shot is gonna do the most damage.

I am not surprised by this.

I have never seen Canelo or Mosley rock their opponents the same way Maidana rocks his opponents. Neither Canelo nor Mosley have hit an opponent with one right hand and -- as a result of punch landing -- have that opponent react the way Maidana's opponents react to a single punch.

Just look.

Maidana wobbles Adrien Broner with an awkward right hand to the side of the head.

Josesito Lopez turns his back to Maidana after getting clipped by a single right hand.

Maidana knocks down Victor Cayo with an awkward left hook to the side of the head.

Alvarez and Mosley are good strong punchers, but they are not doing this to their opponents with a single shot.

Mosley has said, on more than one occasion, that Canelo and Mayweather have about the same kind of punching power. And Mayweather is known for lacking power, so what does that say about Canelo, if he has the same power, according to Mosley?

Mosley fought both men. I trust his opinion. You and I haven't felt Canelo's power compared to Maidana's power so what can we base our opinion on?

I'm basing my opinion on the fighters' in-the-ring experiences and single frames taken from various fights.
                Last edited by punchr; 02-23-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Josesito Lopez said, without question, that "Maidana has the hardest single punch out of all those guys."

"Those guys" being Victor Ortiz, Saul Alvarez, and MM.

"Hardest single punch."

That means that if Canelo, Ortiz, and Maidana hit a guy with one punch, Maidana's shot is gonna do the most damage.

I am not surprised by this.

I have never seen Canelo or Mosley rock their opponents the same way Maidana rocks his opponents. Neither Canelo nor Mosley have hit an opponent with one right hand and -- as a result of punch landing -- have that opponent react the way Maidana's opponents react to a single punch.

Just look.

Maidana wobbles Adrien Broner with an awkward right hand to the side of the head.

Josesito Lopez turns his back to Maidana after getting clipped by a single right hand.

Maidana knocks down Victor Cayo with an awkward left hook to the side of the head.

Alvarez and Mosley are good strong punchers, but they are not doing this to their opponents with a single shot.

Mosley has said, on more than one occasion, that Canelo and Mayweather have about the same kind of punching power. And Mayweather is known for lacking power, so what does that say about Canelo, if he has the same power, according to Mosley?

Mosley fought both men. I trust his opinion. You and I haven't felt Canelo's power compared to Maidana's power so what can we base our opinion on?

I'm basing my opinion on the fighters in-the-ring experiences and single frames taken from various fights.
                  lol.....have you seen Mosley at LW? Thats all he did

Comment

Maidana doesn't have one punch knock out power. The last time Mayweather faced one was DLH

Comment

lol.....have you seen Mosley at LW? Thats all he did
                      Yes, Mosley was certainly a monster at lightweight. Speed, KO power, and natural fighting ability.

Mosley was knocking out guys stiff... but that was at lightweight.

I believe Maidana also KO's those same guys, in his own way.

Mosley has his way of KOing guys, and Maidana has his way also. They both achieve a KO.

Now just imagine if Maidana had Mosley's speed/fast-twitch muscle fibers?

Maidana would be banned by all boxing commissions.

Comment

Working...
                      X