Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the opinions on Mayweather, has anyone here ever actually MET HIM??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    dont cherry pick. Im sure you are fan of some guys with criminal recoreds. You are probably even friends with some
    No he is **** some of his threads is gay as ***

Comment

I saw him at a laker game once, I knew he was there cause I saw a sea of young people with TMT hats on. His bodyguards were pushing people away when the game ended and they hurried out of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
        If anything, the "money" persona is what's fake.
        To cultivate a fake persona is kinda pathetic in itself. I don't care how much money it makes you, acting like a moron and being deliberately provocative and scuzzy is an indication of his true character.

In fact, I would say that ever since his fame and wealth has rocketed, there's been a blurring of the lines between the persona and who he really is. It's probably not even faking it anymore, he actually is that douchey. He's just constantly full of **** (What has Africa ever done for me?" and believes that everything he says is meaningful - which is probably because he lives in a world where everyone laughs at his jokes and treats him like a God.

Money has corrupted his soul.

Comment

Met Floyd twice, once through a cousin, and once at a vegas club
          top guy he is though, and proper chilled

Comment

I like the part where people say "you can't call him a good guy after 5 minutes of meeting him, but we can call him a bad guy after 0 minutes of meeting him".
            Exactly what I've been thinking. I'm not a Floyd fan or a Floyd hater. To me, he just is. I've yet to see a reason for me to personally hate or like the guy. Some guys are fond of pointing at Mayweather's "woman beating," but I reserve judgement on that issue. I'm no advocate or fan of violence against women, but I've seen enough in my life to know that there are usually two sides to every story. And as fucked up as it is to say, the man that never ran into a woman they didn't at least have the urge to strike hasn't known many women.

I'm inclined to believe that, but there are dudes here that think their favorite pro wrestlers are really like that in their personal lives. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
              To cultivate a fake persona is kinda pathetic in itself. I don't care how much money it makes you, acting like a moron and being deliberately provocative and scuzzy is an indication of his true character.

In fact, I would say that ever since his fame and wealth has rocketed, there's been a blurring of the lines between the persona and who he really is. It's probably not even faking it anymore, he actually is that douchey. He's just constantly full of **** (What has Africa ever done for me?" and believes that everything he says is meaningful - which is probably because he lives in a world where everyone laughs at his jokes and treats him like a God.

Money has corrupted his soul.
              You might be right about some things; but it's impossible for you to judge, because you're not likely to ever have the same opportunities Floyd has had. What's the old saying? "Don't judge another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                You might be right about some things; but it's impossible for you to judge, because you're not likely to ever have the same opportunities Floyd has had. What's the old saying? "Don't judge another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes."
                I wish I could be as philosophical and mild-mannered as you are about him.

But the truth is, he is very, very easy to judge. We see videos of him, the words coming out of his mouth, the tone - so it's not like his words get twisted.

The phrase you cite is one which I would associate with something having to make specific choices in difficult circumstances.

Floyd chooses to be rude, obnoxious, ignorant, racist, greedy, childish, petty. These aren't traits borne out of a difficult situation. That is who he is.

I do know that I wouldn't cultivate a fake person just to make money. I know I wouldn't let money define my being. I know I wouldn't let the persona become the dominant part of me.

Comment

I like the part where people say "you can't call him a good guy after 5 minutes of meeting him, but we can call him a bad guy after 0 minutes of meeting him".

I remember Ryan ******** saying that he had met him, too, and that he was always friendly with his fans. Always stayed to take pictures, sign autographs, etc.

I also know for a fact that at the weigh in for the Canelo fight, Mayweather took tons of pictures on the way to the stage, and stayed for an hour or so after the weigh in to take more pictures/sign more autographs. And Canelo couldn't leave fast enough.

I think that's definitely the case.

The three times I've encountered him, he did the same thing.

In London training for the Marquez fight he stayed for a few hours after his session to take pictures and sign Autographs.

In Vegas for the Mosley fght at the Grand Arrivals he stayed for a few hours doing the same thing whereas Mosley left straight away.

And In Vegas for the Guerrero fight at the weigh in he didn't stay for a few hours but he stayed a while signing Autographs whilst Guererro weighed in and left.

So the three times I've encountered Floyd he's stayed longer than he had to (Sometimes a lot longer) to sign for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                    I did. Cant say anything bad about him at all.
                    Do you think he dodges fighters scully?

Comment

i bet most of yall dudes never met him and saying bad stuff

i seen him once in atlanta he was coo his security didnt let me take a pic tho

Comment

Working...
                      X