No announcement yet.

The next big thing in boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I know most fans here don't care about fighters they don't know, but I felt I should put this kid on now for you guys to hear about.

I trained with this kid for years, since he started. He loves everything about this sport, is a straight gym rat and good kid, he's gotten much bigger over the years but he use to be much smaller and faster, but now that he's big, he has the skill and style of a smaller fighter, but the size and power of a big guy for his weight.

He lost to Errol spence in the last round to represent the USA in the olympics. Not bad considering spence is the best of the group.

My gym trains a straight pro style so you dont need to worry about that bs amateur style. Our gym is knwom for training a good cross. Were not hugely known because all our best fighters go to jail, but I promise Amir imam is going to be a champ.

Here's a highlight from a pro fight vs a kid who has way more experience than him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54ug...e_gdata_player

Here's a interview from his amateur days, at my gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBLQo...e_gdata_player

Sorry no. Tiger Muhammad will shred this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
      Trying to put a name to the Spanish kid.....Serrano as in the sisters? That was in ridgewood right by the L. Mendez changed locations now couple of good fighters who were there left now. You know how it is once you get to a certain point you need to move on. Only good people I stop by to see on occasion is Leon and Spider. Camacho Jr stops by occasionally but he's easy to handle. Kind of a cowardly lion once he's in tough.
      Yeah the Serrano sisters, Amanda goes seriously hard in the gym. Seen her do 7-8 rds with boys, going hard, get out the ring and start doing pull ups. Never seen a girl work like that, but yeah your right, the gym is in ridgewood, it's actually right on the boarder to ridgewood and bushwick. That gym is legit though, Good trainers, and a nice gym, and you can get the biggest plate of banging Mexican or polish food for 5$ just around the corner.

One thing that amazed me about the boxing game in NYC is how many trainers had 0 experiece in the sport, dudes were straight frauds, trying to charge people 160$ a month, freaking crazy, and every gym had them.

I saw one really old guy who use to ALWAYS hang at Mendez a lot when it was on 26th, he trained a kid at fight house, he had this Spanish kid throwing some wild overhand looping left hook, the kid fought his first fight in the gloves, and got koed, and tore his rotator cuff. This guy really thought he knew what he was doing, ended up doing serious damage to that kid. Felt terrible for the kid, he had no clue he was being brought on a some old guys fantasy.

Comment

Thats awful. They should require a license to be a boxing trainer, one that you can only get after passing a test to show that you know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Thats awful. They should require a license to be a boxing trainer, one that you can only get after passing a test to show that you know what you're doing.
          careful what you wish for!! that would have many more problems than an imbecile allowed to flourish in what should be a self regulating environment.

Comment

Felix Verdejo will be the next big thing in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              careful what you wish for!! that would have many more problems than an imbecile allowed to flourish in what should be a self regulating environment.
              I believe they have licensing in England and it seems to work well over there. (Unless I'm mistaken.)

Don't see why it wouldn't work here as long as the requirements were setup by a group of knowledgeable pro trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                In France it's pretty hard to be a boxing trainer, you have to take classes, work and study under a licensed trainer for years.

I wish the USA adopted similar policies, NY is flooded with people in the boxing biz who are nothing but hustlers.

And some of these managers, my god. Some of these dudes are legit bums, theyll sign anyone to a ridiculous contract and try to get them a fight with anyone, because WTF do they care about the fighter. I've seen these guys walk up to fighters with contracts and a lawyer, with no connections in the boxing biz at all, but still wanted to own a mother fcker.

Comment

Bump

What yall think?

Comment

I was at the show and that was a sick KO it had the whole place standing up when he ended up out of the ring, it looked like a slinky he just keep sliding out.

But he was giving up too much space and getting touched alot lucky the guy had no power he tries to be to cute defensively.

Comment

I've heard a lot about this kid, is he Muslim? Just askin cos oft he name.

Heard he was very impressive in his last fight too, I'll keep an eye out for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X