No announcement yet.

The next big thing in boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next big thing in boxing!

I know most fans here don't care about fighters they don't know, but I felt I should put this kid on now for you guys to hear about.

I trained with this kid for years, since he started. He loves everything about this sport, is a straight gym rat and good kid, he's gotten much bigger over the years but he use to be much smaller and faster, but now that he's big, he has the skill and style of a smaller fighter, but the size and power of a big guy for his weight.

He lost to Errol spence in the last round to represent the USA in the olympics. Not bad considering spence is the best of the group.

My gym trains a straight pro style so you dont need to worry about that bs amateur style. Our gym is knwom for training a good cross. Were not hugely known because all our best fighters go to jail, but I promise Amir imam is going to be a champ.

Here's a highlight from a pro fight vs a kid who has way more experience than him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54ug...e_gdata_player

Here's a interview from his amateur days, at my gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBLQo...e_gdata_player

Wow he put him down hard lol. I will watch him whenever possible

Comment

I remember this guy, and this KO.
      I like him... I think he has a fight next week last time I checked boxrec. I'll check again

Comment

Nice, he's on the Santana/Lundy card!
        Hopefully it's televised

Comment

Keep us updated on the kid, I'll be sure to check him out. He'll be in a loaded division at 140/147 these next years.

Comment

Is he still with Don King?

Comment

The sound of those punches... you can tell how hard he hits. Looks big for 140!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Is he still with Don King?
                Unfortunately yeah, the short fat guy in his corner use to come to our gym for years, he would spar with guys, work with the young guys, come to find out, the entire time he was waiting and plotting to steal fighters, amd sign them with don king.

That's how Amir ended up with king. King has done ok by him so far, he said Amir is the last fighter he will promote.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Unfortunately yeah, the short fat guy in his corner use to come to our gym for years, he would spar with guys, work with the young guys, come to find out, the entire time he was waiting and plotting to steal fighters, amd sign them with don king.

That's how Amir ended up with king. King has done ok by him so far, he said Amir is the last fighter he will promote.
                  Hopefully King gives him a real good push then.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    The sound of those punches... you can tell how hard he hits. Looks big for 140!
                    He's huge at 140, I think he can clean the division out now.

It's crazy how big he was, he use to be tiny, we all thought he would never grow. He has the experience and technique of a small fast fighter, but now he's big and his man muscle is coming in, he's dangerous as ****.

He's sparring with all the top Florida guys now.

Comment

Working...
                    X