No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    I remember their usernames. There are many that have doubted him and each and everyone will be called out for it.

Does anyone remember how I reacted when he beat Rodriguez? When he beats Sergio, it's gonna be insane.
    Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Yeah - I'll be having their ramblings on my sig for a long ass time
    You make it seem as if guys are picking Cotto to lose solely on the fact he's Cotto. More than anything people are going with the obvious favorite and the guy who's expected to win. A win for Cotto would be extraordinary simply because all the odds are against him and very few are giving him a chance. Otherwise what would be so special about him winning? It contradicts all the talk of Cotto taking on challenges and making history if people didn't doubt him. If anything there's more to be said about the people doubting Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      You make it seem as if guys are picking Cotto to lose solely on the fact he's Cotto. More than anything people are going with the obvious favorite and the guy who's expected to win. A win for Cotto would be extraordinary simply because all the odds are against him and very few are giving him a chance. Otherwise what would be so special about him winning? It contradicts all the talk of Cotto taking on challenges and making history if people didn't doubt him. If anything there's more to be said about the people doubting Martinez.
      We're not saying picking Martinez to win is "hating" on Cotto. We're saying people picking Martinez to destroy the "gatekeeper" are disrespectful and won't be forgotten.

Comment

It's been beyond choosing the favorite. I totally get that Martinez is the favorite, as he should be. He's bigger, faster, stronger and a true MW.

But it's been disrespectful - beyond being funny. Whether it's lame quitting jokes, to saying that he'll be in the stands or that he'll be KO'd in 3. I mean we even having guys compare him to duds like Dzinz, the Michael Jennings of the 154 division.

I can respect Serg being the favorite but c'mon, give Cotto some respect and a fighting chance - if his career has shown anything, it's that he's cut from a different cloth than most fighters and willing to bang it up with anyone

Comment

We're not saying picking Martinez to win is "hating" on Cotto. We're saying people picking Martinez to destroy the "gatekeeper" are disrespectful and won't be forgotten.
          Fair enough you make a point. On the other hand though I guess the few people picking Cotto by brutal ko won't be forgotten as well.

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          It's been beyond choosing the favorite. I totally get that Martinez is the favorite, as he should be. He's bigger, faster, stronger and a true MW.

But it's been disrespectful - beyond being funny. Whether it's lame quitting jokes, to saying that he'll be in the stands or that he'll be KO'd in 3. I mean we even having guys compare him to duds like Dzinz, the Michael Jennings of the 154 division.

I can respect Serg being the favorite but c'mon, give Cotto some respect and a fighting chance - if his career has shown anything, it's that he's cut from a different cloth than most fighters and willing to bang it up with anyone
          At the end of the day this is nsb all that is expected . Most people who matter on this site while picking Martinez to win are well aware of Cotto's demeanor and resciliency inside the ring. Just because the outcome seems inevitable it doesn't mean it'll be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTEP View Post
            Is there an Argentinian population in the NYC area? I wonder how many Martinez fans are going to be there
            well the World Cup is around the corner so I expect to see many Argentinean footieball jerseys floating around.

it's going to be Bananas!!! on June 7th...Bananas I tell you!

Comment

I remember their usernames. There are many that have doubted him and each and everyone will be called out for it.

Does anyone remember how I reacted when he beat Rodriguez? When he beats Sergio, it's gonna be insane.

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

That's cool. Trust, i love me some Cotto. He gets nothing but respect if you're a true boxing fan. Has heart more than most. Fact of the matter is though, as much as I appreciate him, I'm not gonna sugar coat what I truly think will happen; an early stoppage by Martinez. Sorry if that's like, blasphemy for you Cotto fanatics/Puerto-Ricans but it's what many ppl feel will transpire. And if Cotto wins, then holy moly, suuuuuper props to him. SUPER DUPER PROPS.Weird thing is, you guys think that if Cotto wins that those that bet against him(not literally) can't be happy for him whereas I totally would be. I don't dislike the guy, I just think he can't win. Sorry.

Comment

Fair enough you make a point. On the other hand though I guess the few people picking Cotto by brutal ko won't be forgotten.
                  Of course. I've been wrong before and I guarantee I'll be wrong again.

Comment

PRPP

Comment

June 8th will definitely be open season up in this bitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X