Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez is not smart enough to beat Cotto IMO he has all the advantages except the most important.. the guy is as dumb as he looks

Comment

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
      Martinez is not smart enough to beat Cotto IMO he has all the advantages except the most important.. the guy is as dumb as he looks
      I never really questioned Martinez's intellect until the Face-Off when they were talking about the A/B side. Martinez just couldn't grasp the concept.

Not saying Martinez is dumb, but he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
        Martinez is not smart enough to beat Cotto IMO he has all the advantages except the most important.. the guy is as dumb as he looks
        have to disagree i consider martinez one of the smarter boxers out there.
        i've always liked cotto. wish him the best of luck. but cottos size will come into play here.
        martinez will be slick and use his size advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          I never really questioned Martinez's intellect until the Face-Off when they were talking about the A/B side. Martinez just couldn't grasp the concept.

the guy just reminds me of Derek Zoolander he's dumb as hell and he doesn't exactly fight smart and now that his legs are gone or when Cotto takes them away his dumb defensive flaws will show.Cotto intelligently and patiently picked apart Mayweather at times ... Martinez is normally the smaller fighter and is there to be hit,his defense is to pull his head back slightly and bend low which won't be good against a smaller fighter.. Especially against a really good feint pressure fighter like Cotto

Cotto has a heavy and fast counter jab which will put Martinez on his bike pretty quick

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            http://www.world boxingnews.net/news/2014/05/26/sturm-backs-martinez-over-cotto-open-to-future-unification.html

So Sturm seems to be only open to the winner of this fight
            Yeah, as long as it's in Germany. Last time Sturm unified was in Germany. If Sturm wants to unify, he should fight Quillin.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
              Who wins: trout or Sergio at 157 catchweight?
              Trout is a bit chinny, id say trout leads on the scorecards on a injury riddled sergio until the 10th rd, then gets dropped n stopped in the next round.

canelo has less power then sergio i think, but canelo was rocking trout around and he barely landed cleanly. trout always had his jab out pot shotting him. sergio throws alot more volume then canelo and moves better

Comment

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                brotha please!
                you know Cotto got more balls than Armstrong... literally
                lmao, yeah, you are right about that...

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Cotto is talking smack now? That's your boy doing that man.
                  Cotto is talking about being the "A-side" and that Sergio needs to know his role. Sergio ain't playing that stuff, he is like "son, I'm the champ......and your elder, time to show some respect".

Sergio gave him the chance to give him respect the proper way but now that time has passed, so he will beat it out of him in the squared circle....wooowee!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Man... SM better look good this fight.
                    I have a feeling that Sergio is going to come in looking like a million bucks man. This fight means A LOT to him, there is no way he slacks even one once in training.

Cotto is a warrior until the end but I can see Roach tossing in the towel early on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

How are you the "A-side" when you've lost to all the "A-sides" that you've ever faced? Easy to see where he is coming from brah.....glass houses, stones....put em down.

Comment

Working...
                      X