Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spray_resistant

For the PWill fight he was 160 on FN and Paul 170, I know because it was such a disparity when they showed the graphic and it stuck in my memory.

Oh well in that case he'd be pretty small for today's standard.

Guy's like Kirkland is like 174 on fight night and Canelo 165-170.

In fairness Lara doesn't seem like a solid build for 160 he's quite short.
    Lara is 5'9"-5'10" if I'm not mistaken. He's always been the smaller guy in the ring except vs Molina.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I don't know what it is and I'm curious.

Would also give a better bearing for this thread.
      Reguardless of what his fight night weight is; why does it matter?

Floyd fights at JMW. He has fought at the JMW limit twice.

If his fans or Floyd are concerned with fight night weights then impelent a rehydration clause. Not at CW.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        but he's already been held to that standard and lived up to it. You cant keep moving the bar on him though and no one else. Again, do people think Floyd would be worried at all about fighting Lara if this was Floyd's 1st weight class and he was 160 on fight night? Hell NO
        yes. lara will always beat floyd. as a famous boxer once said "size don't matter" forgot who said that probably a genius though

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          but he's already been held to that standard and lived up to it. You cant keep moving the bar on him though and no one else. Again, do people think Floyd would be worried at all about fighting Lara if this was Floyd's 1st weight class and he was 160 on fight night? Hell NO
          He is the best in the world, he says it all of the time and fans are going to say well lets see you fight this guy or that guy and prove it. It is how legacies are built. Other than Pac and Maybe Bradley there is no one currently with status at 147 who fans give a credible shot of beating Floyd but he was the one who raised the bar by moving up a few times, if he never had there wouldn't be much demand for him doing it again and in the fans eyes giving himself another test.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Reguardless of what his fight night weight is; why does it matter?

Floyd fights at JMW. He has fought at the JMW limit twice.

If his fans or Floyd are concerned with fight night weights then impelent a rehydration clause. Not at CW.
            I'm asking what his fight night weight is in regards to how he might translate at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              He is the best in the world, he says it all of the time and fans are going to say well lets see you fight this guy or that guy and prove it. It is how legacies are built. Other than Pac and Maybe Bradley there is no one currently with status at 147 who fans give a credible shot of beating Floyd but he was the one who raised the bar by moving up a few times, if he never had there wouldn't be much demand for him doing it again and in the fans eyes giving himself another test.
              he is the best in the world and has already proved it. He was a HOF fighter before he even moved up to his 2nd division. No matter how much guys wanna try to discredit that, they cant. There will always be another opponet. You cant go on forever

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
                Quote:

Originally Posted by !! Shawn

Debate involves an open mind. Your mind is not open. Your only goal is to defend Floyd Mayweather Jr. You are by far his most fervent supporter on these boards. You are often even more delusional the Larry in your support for everything Floyd.

You say stupid stuff like "let the guy fight a guy his own size every once in a while!"

You mean like Ricky Hatton, or Robert Guerrero, or Victor Ortiz, or Miguel Cotto, or Juan Manuel Marquez? Yes... let him fight someone his own size every once in a while...

Just accept that Floyd has no interest in fights that are compelling matchups stylistically. He wants to look good every time out, he picks fighters that will make him look good, and kudos to him for doing it. He's built himself a very lucrative career doing so.

That doesn't demean his skill level, but lets stop pretending that there is some other reason that every threatening fight is way out there and unfair to Floyd.

so you name a few fighters like that means somethihng? I dont even get what it means. All the guys you want him to fight like Lara or anyone else has there whole career of guys the same size or even smaller. T/hey havent moved up 1 division. Floyd has fought in 5 and doesnt even come close to the weight. I dont even get your argument.

As for me, you know nothing about me. Ive been around boxing forever. Im a huge boxing fans. I go to a ton of fights. Fights that dont have nothing to do with Floyd. The smallest local events to events like Canelo-Lara, Khan-Peterson, Rigo-Donaire, Garcia-Judah, and so many more. Ive been to see Pascal train & spar for the Bute fight. I know alot of guys in the business. If you think Im just about Floyd then you dont know me. I think Pac is an ATG. You will never hear me clown Pac like he is garbage.

I think Lara is great fighter. If I had one fight right now to choose to watch in all of boxing it is probably Floyd vs Lara because I love the sweet science but Im not some blind fan boy that just picks names and throws them together and say that they must fight or someone is a coward. Sometimes there are legit reasons. Im not going to rip Floyd for not clearing out his 5th division where he is super small at the weight. Why would I? Yet dont rip Lara for not moving up at all? Thats not reasonable for people to make those arguments.

I would love to see the fight but if Floyd doesnt want it then I understand. Again, only one fight he had to take that he didnt and thats Pac. This 154-160 stuff is icing on the cake to me because Im fair. Floyd & Pac needed to make there fight happen
                Talking without facts again.

Lara hasn't been fighting smaller guys than him or same size. Angulo, Vanes, Paul Williams, Trout... All bigger than him. Hell, even Freddy Hernandez.

You should do your homework and come with FACTS while attempting to debate too. Not just an opened mind.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  yes. lara will always beat floyd. as a famous boxer once said "size don't matter" forgot who said that probably a genius though
                  I know you dont believe that

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Talking without facts again.

Lara hasn't been fighting smaller guys than him or same size. Angulo, Vanes, Paul Williams, Trout... All bigger than him. Hell, even Freddy Hernandez.

You should do your homework and come with FACTS while attempting to debate too. Not just an opened mind.

dude you cant count a couple of pounds like thats bigger than someone. Its his 1st division. Thats the point. Everyone is going to have a couple of pounds give or take. Hardly anyone is the same size. We are speaking of natural sizes, are they in the same group

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      so you name a few fighters like that means somethihng? I dont even get what it means. All the guys you want him to fight like Lara or anyone else has there whole career of guys the same size or even smaller. T/hey havent moved up 1 division. Floyd has fought in 5 and doesnt even come close to the weight. I dont even get your argument.

As for me, you know nothing about me. Ive been around boxing forever. Im a huge boxing fans. I go to a ton of fights. Fights that dont have nothing to do with Floyd. The smallest local events to events like Canelo-Lara, Khan-Peterson, Rigo-Donaire, Garcia-Judah, and so many more. Ive been to see Pascal train & spar for the Bute fight. I know alot of guys in the business. If you think Im just about Floyd then you dont know me. I think Pac is an ATG. You will never hear me clown Pac like he is garbage.

I think Lara is great fighter. If I had one fight right now to choose to watch in all of boxing it is probably Floyd vs Lara because I love the sweet science but Im not some blind fan boy that just picks names and throws them together and say that they must fight or someone is a coward. Sometimes there are legit reasons. Im not going to rip Floyd for not clearing out his 5th division where he is super small at the weight. Why would I? Yet dont rip Lara for not moving up at all? Thats not reasonable for people to make those arguments.

I would love to see the fight but if Floyd doesnt want it then I understand. Again, only one fight he had to take that he didnt and thats Pac. This 154-160 stuff is icing on the cake to me because Im fair. Floyd & Pac needed to make there fight happen
                      If you really wanted to see the fight, and thought it was the best fight ot be made, you wouldn't be spending so much time arguing reasons why FLoyd shouldn't fight Lara.

Lara isn't in his first weight class btw... His amateur career was fought at 141lb and 147lb...

Floyd had filled out to 147 by age 30, Lara has filled out to 154 by age 30. Stop pretending all these fighters haven't grown with age.

GGG wasn't spat out of the womb weighing 160lb. Most of Floyds moving up in weight happened before he was 26. He has bounced between 147 and 154 for all of his 30s. Stop pretending that Lara and GGG are jokes for turning pro later in their career when they had already filled out physically.

If Floyd turned pro in his late 20's, he would have started at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X