Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    because there is a fine line. I mean is it really about challenging yourself or are you basically saying to fight at a disadvantage over & over again until you lose because thats what it basically starts to get at. Its not about challenging, its about going until you lose and then at that point people will turn and say you got exposed. Still, its cool but you have to hold others to the same standard. Why does a guy who has moved up more than nearly anyone in boxing, fought at a much lower weight than his opponent more than anyone in boxing, have to keep going until you find someone for him to lose against because at some point it will be too much. Then thats when you tell him to stop? Like ok, we found out this one was officialy too much so this is your limit? Its not a game like that. You have to be fair to a fighter and let him fight guys his own size sometimes......lol
    Then Floyd and Pac should stop skipping back and forth between 147-154 so no one can point to challenging opponents and say well he fought Canelo or in Pac's case Marg so why can't he fight Lara, Kirkland, or whoever. If they lost like JMM did to Floyd in such onesided fashion no one would want to see them at those higher weight just like JMM after he lost.

Once they go up in weight for fights and win too they themselves have raised the bar and people want to see the best challenged not just exhibitions against no-hopers like Guerrero, Ortiz, Rios, Clottey & co.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      I know god forbid the jr middle weight "super" champion should have to fight someone in his own division.
      WW is his own divison also

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Why does Lara's weight on fight night mean anything? I'm just curious.
        I don't know what it is and I'm curious.

Would also give a better bearing for this thread.

Comment

So vaginaweather can duck him. your agenda is quite transparent.

Comment

How old are you? Grow up and be a man. Im a man. Address me as such. Im not gay and I dont play that gay ish. Im sick of clowns on here who cant debate without throwing some immature gay ish in there. If you cant speak or respond without doing that then put me on ignore. I debate with men. Its a forum. We have differences. We arent going to agree on everything but you will respect me as a man. I didnt disrespect you so dont disrespect me. All cats on here say is balls this, slurp that, suck this.... all weird gay ish like thats there secret fantasy
            Debate involves an open mind. Your mind is not open. Your only goal is to defend Floyd Mayweather Jr. You are by far his most fervent supporter on these boards. You are often even more delusional the Larry in your support for everything Floyd.

You say ****** stuff like "let the guy fight a guy his own size every once in a while!"

You mean like Ricky Hatton, or Robert Guerrero, or Victor Ortiz, or Miguel Cotto, or Juan Manuel Marquez? Yes... let him fight someone his own size every once in a while...

Just accept that Floyd has no interest in fights that are compelling matchups stylistically. He wants to look good every time out, he picks fighters that will make him look good, and kudos to him for doing it. He's built himself a very lucrative career doing so.

That doesn't demean his skill level, but lets stop pretending that there is some other reason that every threatening fight is way out there and unfair to Floyd.

Comment

Lara wasnt getting the decisions and he still wasnt the name that he is now. People are too hard on Canelo. He has tried to fight guys. He tried to fight Williams, Kirkland, and Cotto. He did fight Trout. Trout said that Canelo's team didnt want the fight but Canelo made them pick Trout so he gave Canelo respect for that. Now its Angulo saying the same thing. That GBP didnt want the fight but Canelo pushed for it. I dont think he has any fear of Lara. I think if he doesnt get the Cotto-Sergio winner then he's fighting Lara next. I honestly dont think he sees him as much different than Trout, especially if Canelo stops Angulo
              to me it would be a shame if GGG doesnt get the martinez cotto winner

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

For the PWill fight he was 160 on FN and Paul 170, I know because it was such a disparity when they showed the graphic and it stuck in my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  based on what? they were both winning before for years and they never fought. lara was fighting the much stiffer competition and canelo was fighting cans and old men but they were both winning and the fight was never close to being made. and if lara does actually lose someday....well his chance at a canelo fight is gone forever but if a guy like angulo or mosley loses many times he will still get a chance because.......boxing! so basically if lara keeps winning they don't fight, if lara loses they won't fight, maybe if lara......
                  Well Lara's in a much better position now than he was then. He was more of an outsider then as opposed to one of the bigger names at 154 now.

I could definitely see it happening down the line.

People didn't expect Trout to happen and it did.l

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Then Floyd and Pac should stop skipping back and forth between 147-154 so no one can point to challenging opponents and say well he fought Canelo or in Pac's case Marg so why can't he fight Lara, Kirkland, or whoever. If they lost like JMM did to Floyd in such onesided fashion no one would want to see them at those higher weight just like JMM after he lost.

Once they go up in weight for fights and win too they themselves have raised the bar and people want to see the best challenged not just exhibitions against no-hopers like Guerrero, Ortiz, Rios, Clottey & co.
                    alot of those guys are just as good as the guys people talk about in a p4p sense. The only reason why people think a guy like Canelo can beat Floyd is because he's huge compared to him. If he were the same size or if Floyd had a 20 pound advantage they would call it a mismatch. Thats how all these fights are. That doesnt make it right. In all of other sports you play against guys on the same level. People make threads like Triple G wants to fight Floyd but Floyd would never fight him because he's a scared *****. Meanwhile Triple G is not a ***** for wanting to fight someone 25+ pounds smaller who is in there 5th division while he's in his 1st. Its a joke

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Beercules

Why does Lara's weight on fight night mean anything? I'm just curious.

In the 160s

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X