No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm curious, do you honestly think lara punches harder than canelo?
    I think punch for punch Canelo > Lara, but I also think that Lara is crafty enough to hit you with a fast hard punch when you least expect it adding in a shock factor to his hit. I'm not saying he does it all the time but occasionally he uses it, like against Trout.

I dislike Angulo getting a big fight over Lara. Angulo quit against Lara in June and has done nothing since. Lara made Angulo quit and went on to beat top 154 contender Austin Trout by wide margin. Who cares if Angulo is the more 'exciting, sellable' fight. Its basically rewarding Angulo for losing. Maybe that's the best way to get big money fights and title shots - lose. Little to no integrity and no value in meritocracy - you wonder why boxing isn't a top tier sport in popularity in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      BY FAR a More exciting fight than Lara, lets do it
      Originally posted by Art-illery View Post
      2) Lara is a boring fighter. Angulo is an exciting fighter that "will come to fight."
      Originally posted by mex602 View Post
      who wants to see lara run the whole night?
      Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Love it! Way better than the boring running Lara who is a lose-lose situation. It's hard to look good against Lara and no one knows who he is anyway outside the boxing community.
      For the Canelo fans who are calling Lara boring. Has Canelo ever had a more exciting performance or been in a more exciting fight than Lara vs Williams or Lara vs Angulo?

If you can find something, you're a fucking liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
        It doesnt matter!

they could be from Peru you idiot

the point is their style is not fan friendly.
        It doesn't matter ?
        It your point all the time , "they have no fans they have no fans "Not mine ...
        I'm just telling the reason why they don't have a lot of support.
        I've allready stated they have popular style amongst boxers , it's called boxer/ counter puncher ... Like Marquez ... They're only problem is they don't have they're homeland to watch

Comment

• Originally posted by jov6388 View Post
          LOL all he he has is trout and mayweather ... which many eyes he loss both.... you really talking about resume with old not good 147 pounders which canelo is a 154 pounder smh ... 12 rds with 147 matthew hatton smh gomez which he looked sluggish .. old faded 147 cintron .. jesus 12 with ryan rhodes !!! old very old and actually still did solid 147 mosley ..147 josesito lopez ... he stepped up to a real young fresh 154 pounder trout and he looked horrible gassing out throwing a mini spurts .... canelo is not what people that he was they were blinded .. solid fighter but trust me sooner or later 160 it is and he won't susrvive at 160 being 5'6 gas tank in low ... and if angulo face holds up he will drown canelo late
          Canelo was 20-22 when he beat the guys you mentioned, but we'll go with 23. Name me a fighter that's 23 right now that will beat any of the guys you mentioned. Anyways, Canelo still has some upside is all I'm saying. I have never said Canelo is elite, and neither has Canelo himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            For the Canelo fans who are calling Lara boring. Has Canelo ever had a more exciting performance or been in a more exciting fight than Lara vs Williams or Lara vs Angulo?

If you can find something, you're a fucking liar.
            and freddy hernandez fight which lara won every round but he fought in the pocket it was a pretty solid fight ... who the hell wants to see a 5'6 154 pounder gas out after 4 rd throw in spurts rest 20 seconds throw straight right rest again smh blinded as people in this world

Comment

• Canelo is such a passive fighter who doesn't throw a lot of punches, I could see him getting stopped in this fight. It's still one hell of a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                At 25 years old Erislandy Lara was fighting a 4-21-2 Deniss Aleksejevs, LMAO.

Imagine Canelo right now at 23 fighting a 4-21-2 fighter.
                I don't understand boring lara's obsession with fighting canelo,canelo just lost,he's just after that pay day,he knows he has no fanbase therefore he won't make any money,never,thats why he's just begging to fight canelo,canelo with his loss still makes more money than lara,lara should focus on getting a rematch with monlina or fighting Kirkland,when he gets like maybe half the fanbase of canelo he can fight him

Comment

• Its a decent fight. Hopefully if they keep it on PPV that is only like $40-50.

Comment

• Is anyone else outraged at the possibility that this fight could be for a vacant title? Seriously, if the WBC strip Mayweather and sanction Angulo vs Alvarez, forget boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
                      Canelo is such a passive fighter who doesn't throw a lot of punches, I could see him getting stopped in this fight. It's still one hell of a fight.
                      agree,he just stands there at times,not always though,he needs to be more aggressive,but I think he's still learning,that fight against Floyd taught him a lot,any 23 year old should learn off of that loss,i think when he's in his prime he'll be a good fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X