Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lame azz fite. Canelo dont want any of Lara so hes fighting his leftovers. Okay so Lara cant sell but what about Carlos Molina who holds a IBF title and is Mexican cuz Canelo is a pathetic hype job who never ever takes risks. Yet the same ppl will pull the moral high ground on khan-mayweather and tell you that its not about who can sell but who deserves it more and this guy or that guy deserves it more.

Canelo like someone said b4 will have a field day on Lara's sloppy seconds and be given a WBC title "of some sort". Maybe Matthew Hatton should come out of retirement for a rematch.

On the bright side atleast hes fighting a real 154 pounder i mean after the Lopez fite i had a hinch he may ask Giovani Segura to move up

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      After Kirkland, immigration and Lara took blood sweat and tears from the proud Perro....the red head vulture comes flying in to claim the kill....smh.....with that said, Perro will still break that boy's heart.....I got the dog by stoppage!!
      right just like all of danny garcia's claim to fame besides a way over hyped lucas mathy

Comment

Love it! Way better than the boring running Lara who is a lose-lose situation. It's hard to look good against Lara and no one knows who he is anyway outside the boxing community.

This is not a PPV kind of fight though which I expect GB to realize and put on regular SHO to set up a future PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Who has Alvarez KOed easily that makes you think he could do that to Angulo? The size, punching power, pressure vs slow footed guy with bad stamina, who doesn't like to get hit. Angulo had Lara under a lot of pressure, and Lara is a much better boxer/mover than Canelo.
          for starters, angulo is not the durable fighter he once was. he's coming off of his second stoppage loss. he took a life changing beating against james kirkland. knocking him out off of a stoppage loss isn't going to be some massive feat.

KO'd? i won't lie and say that he's kayo'd a durable, prime JMW because he hasn't. the baldomir knockout was good looking, and clearly a hard punch, but baldomir was ancient, and did his best work at WW.

the best fighter that alvarez has hurt was trout. he was able to hurt him seriously with one punch. you can ask trout how hard canelo punches if you'd like. if he's candid, he will say that he punches hard enough to knock a junior middleweight out, especially if he is allowed to land consistently and in combination.

if you watch enough boxing you can get a good idea how hard a guy punches by observing how his opponents react to getting hit. there's an involuntary physical reaction [the head flying around, legs going,] but there's also a tactical one. alvarez opponents have all behaved like he can punch hard.

lara's movement isn't very professional when he's pressured. he still boxes a bit like an amateur. a professional who knows how to cut the ring off will sometimes perform better against a better boxer than he will against a hard puncher who can't box as well.

i'm curious, do you honestly think lara punches harder than canelo?

Comment

Rigo and Lara fights' recordings are good for boxing schools -- for very young fighters to be shown how to throw a punch correctly.

(I must confess that I fell asleep during Rigo's last fight... What a shame!...)

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
              right just like all of danny garcia's claim to fame besides a way over hyped lucas mathy

butthurt?

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                lara will never sell

he already got his ass beat by Molina.

nO ONE CARE ABOUT LARA except Canelo/mex haters

I wouldn't have mind seeing Canelo shut Lara up but it looks like Molina or Kirkland will do that.

LMAO!!! EXACTLY! Boxing fans are funny!

1) Lara OFFICIALLY WON that fight tho!

2) There's the point I was bringing up earlier with boxing fans, and how they approach fighters like Lara! If he's so boring, how is a fighter gonna make him exciting!? That's what champs do tho right? If people are bringing up Floyd duckin Manny, then I wanna see THE EXACT SAME OUTRAGE with people saying Carrot Top ducking Lara! These boxing "fans" can't have it one way!

3) What does liking Lara have to do with hating Mexicans?

4) Lara is a better fighter this time around... By the way, didn't Kirkland LEAVE Golden Boy because they wouldn't give him Carrot Top?

Comment

I don't understand where all the hate for Canelo comes from. It must be the red hair.

1. I've never heard Canelo say he is the best fighter, or one of the best fighters. He always says he wants to be one of the best, and that it will be a process.

2. He's a respectful and humble kid.

3. He's 23 years old! Tell me what 23 year old these days is fighting Mosley, Trout, and Mayweather?

I think Canelo definitely isn't even in his prime yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    What a lame azz fite. Canelo dont want any of Lara so hes fighting his leftovers. Okay so Lara cant sell but what about Carlos Molina who holds a IBF title and is Mexican cuz Canelo is a pathetic hype job who never ever takes risks. Yet the same ppl will pull the moral high ground on khan-mayweather and tell you that its not about who can sell but who deserves it more and this guy or that guy deserves it more.

Canelo like someone said b4 will have a field day on Lara's sloppy seconds and be given a WBC title "of some sort". Maybe Matthew Hatton should come out of retirement for a rematch.

On the bright side atleast hes fighting a real 154 pounder i mean after the Lopez fite i had a hinch he may ask Giovani Segura to move up

he just fought the best fighter [and junior middleweight] on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology
                      Did you guys even read the bottom of the article?? it says "there is no confirmation yet that this fight will land on PPV"
                      I think people are just giving their thoughts cause GBP has mentioned it being on PPV.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X