Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Cotto May Not Even Last Five Rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    I'm not disputing that he was unhappy with the catch weight, I'm saying he never publicly said anything bad about the catch weight, that's two different things. He never discredited PAC for the catch weight. He never discredited the fight. He never even said in public that the catch weight was the reason he lost. He said he felt slow and tired because of the catch weight, other then that I've never read he complained about the catch weight. Of course in negotiations he's going to fight against the catch weight, who wouldn't? It's an advantage to your opponent. Canelo said he would fight Floyd at a catch weight, when Floyd called him on it during negotiations he started complaining.lol. I'm just saying I never heard nor read Cotto complaining about the catch weight. Not being happy about it, yes I agree(d)
    Yes he did, publicly. The fight fell through because of the catchweight, Cotto said he won the title at 147 and is going to defend it at 147. He did not want a CW for the fight and he made it known. The fight came alive again after Cotto was threatened to be stripped of the title if he didn't fight Pac at 145.

Comment

• pac-roid needs to stop ducking golovkin, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
        so like I said, cotto got less money and manny got the catchweight he demanded. the fight was billed as pacquiao vs. cotto, not cotto vs. pacquiao. it was pacquiao/cotto 24/7, not cotto/pacquiao 24/7. that's not what happens to the A side.

there is no argument to be made about cotto being the A side vs. pacquiao.
        There was no argument at all the fact is that both fighters were high in popularity and Cotto got screwed based on the circumstances that the Wbo and arum created. But if having the better deal is what you consider the A side then I will have to disagree. The brake down of the paper view favors Cotto more the it favors PAC even though PAC got the bigger share. And Cotto was a much more popular fighter until PAC moved up and fought De la Hoya, and the big fight everybody was talking about was Mayweather Cotto not Mayweather PAC, until Cotto lost to Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
          so like I said, cotto got less money and manny got the catchweight he demanded. the fight was billed as pacquiao vs. cotto, not cotto vs. pacquiao. it was pacquiao/cotto 24/7, not cotto/pacquiao 24/7. that's not what happens to the A side.

there is no argument to be made about cotto being the A side vs. pacquiao.
          Also the ppv was not 50/50 I confused the second negotiations with the first where Cotto was going to get a better deal then PAC on the ppv. Lol drop the ball on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Yes he did, publicly. The fight fell through because of the catchweight, Cotto said he won the title at 147 and is going to defend it at 147. He did not want a CW for the fight and he made it known. The fight came alive again after Cotto was threatened to be stripped of the title if he didn't fight Pac at 145.
            Again he didn't say anything bad about the catch weight nor did he discredit PAC or the fight. He was unhappy at the catch weight because it was an advantage for PAC. You read a quote that proves my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stl_Buay View Post
              Being a champion means nothing... The guy that draws PPV numbers and sell tickets at the live gate get the most money... De La Hoya made more than Hopkins... Mayweather made a lot more than Baldomir... Martinez needs to recognize that Cotto is the bigger name... Ali made way more than Holmes...
              Martinez is not Carlos Baldomir though. And Cotto is not De La Hoya or Mayweather. He is not as accomplished as they are and he certainly doesn't have the resume of some one who would be on a high horse. His last 3 wins are against Rodriguez, Margarito, and Mayorga, neither of these fighters were top 10 at 154.

Martinez is The Ring champ, something Cotto has never done and will probably never do.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                At this point i am positive that you are trolling. You must be some one who hates Cotto is trying to make him look bad.

Cotto never won a Silver medal at the Olympics, he won a Silver medal at the Junior World Championships. He participated in the 2000 Olympics but was eliminated after the first round. Stop skimming through Wikipedia for key words and actually read the information in its entirety.
                I actually go off of memory i stop researching after I stopped writing articles, so yea I admit I'm a little off sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                  There was no argument at all the fact is that both fighters were high in popularity and Cotto got screwed based on the circumstances that the Wbo and arum created. But if having the better deal is what you consider the A side then I will have to disagree. The brake down of the paper view favors Cotto more the it favors PAC even though PAC got the bigger share. And Cotto was a much more popular fighter until PAC moved up and fought De la Hoya, and the big fight everybody was talking about was Mayweather Cotto not Mayweather PAC, until Cotto lost to Margarito.
                  you trying to say cotto was a bigger ppv star than pacquiao was? then why did he agree to take less money? how does this make sense to you?

pacquiao fought marquez, diaz, barrera and morales 3 times on ppv before moving up. he wasn't some unknown before he fought dlh. he was already a star.

Comment

• foolish talk by Martinez. Cotto will last at least 8

Comment

• It is a fact that Pacquiao-Cotto was a 65-35 split, the articles are all over google. I don't know why any one would fabricate the details of negotiations like that. Cotto wasn't seen as any where near 50-50 with Pacquiao. In fact, earlier that year, even Hatton got 50-50 with Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X