Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy: Would a Welter Andre Ward do well VS Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Because Mayweather beat him the worse, and he walked him down. Cotto is the same size as Mosley. Floyd is way smaller than them both, and Pac wouldnt have fought Mosley if Floyd wouldnt have fought him first. He needed Floyd to show him how a smaller man can win.

As far as Sr being trainer, Im not going for that. You specifically said that he had problems in the Mosley fight which caused him to bring Sr back. Sr was very instrumental in that camp and its no secret. Now you tell me I am wrong.

And you just admitted that Ortiz was running into shots, just like everyone else. You say the fight was messy, to distract yourself from admitting that Floyd landed the most shots, avoided the most, and didnt blink an eye just like he did in his other fights.

Juan and Mosley were similar, to Ortiz. Floyd landed the most shots on them an made them clumsly run into shots.

If you feel Mosley was shot, that is your opinion. But the fights you speak of are fights that happen before he dominated a guy he was the underdog against. Floyd didnt fight him coming off his fight with Cotto and Mayorga. He fought him coming off his best win in which he looked like a beast. If you feel that Marg is taylor made thats your lonely opinion. Fact is, no one expected Mosley to win. Mosley beat a very dangerous fighter who was at the top at the time he fought him.

You type all this nonsense to find tactical ways to avoid admitting that Floyd beat them all equally easy. I dont gaf if it was the center of the ring, side of the ring, pocket, backfoot. He dominated them all and made them all look clumsey and dumb. I dont care if its a brawler, boxer, or whatever. You pretended to not understand what I was saying, and started going into tangents.

I would like for you to respond to my comment about Nazzim overexaggerating about Ward. Even going far enough to say he had hidden KO power.

I also made a comment about the difference between Floyd and Ward's plus minus. Ward's is 15, and Floyd's was 30.
    Wait WTF has Pac fighting Mosely got to do with this thread? I am here talking about Floyd and Ward and who they fought. Not who Pac fought. Move off that topic because you are losing it. Crazzzyyy

Cotto beat Mosely by boxing. Floyd did too. You said Floyd created the blue print. Er no he didn't since Mosely was beaten by 3 other people. Tell me I am wrong?

I am here saying Mosely was shot and if you look at his performance VS Cotto, then Mayorga, it showed he was on the decline.

OK on the Floyd Snr issue you want to bring up. You said this, I said this.

QUOTE=MurkaMan;14089186]And Floyd dont always rely on the shoulder roll. I would love to see him fight with the stance he used against Mosley. He been rolling allot lately because Broner came and repopulated it. But with Mosley he stood in a similar stance but more squared.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
    That stance let him take a few flush shots, but Mosely was shot. He just didn't pull the trigger. Probably to do with a lack of PED's IM if you look at his prime.

That stance got him in trouble at times, hence why Snr came in and worked on a strong jab and better movement.
    I said THE STANCE LET HIM TAKE A FEW FLUSH SHOTS.

Here is the video.

As you can see, Floyd was square and the second shot he was countered.

BEING square meant he got hit flush. Floyd Snr came in emphasising a defence and using the shoulder roll which he taught his own son. He also said Floyd needs to jab more. So how am I wrong?

Floyd Snr was not the main trainer. He was kicked out of the damn camp and was not in the corner for previous fights either.

There's a reason why he made his father a trainer in his corner and even though he says Uncle Roger is his trainer too, Snr is the head even if not with a title.

Victor Ortiz ran into shots more like Hatton did on the ropes, getting countered. It was erratic and nothing like how JMM or Mosely fights. It was a dirty fight by the 4th. Ortiz has wide shots while JMM has straight.
    If you think Ortiz was the same as Canelo, JMM and Mosely then you need your eyes tested seriously.

Marg is a dangerous fighter, but he lost his title to Williams a few fights before, and lost 7 rounds straight VS Cotto. The reason why people may have fought Mosely would not win is to do with his performances before, and Marg's impressive win VS Cotto.

However as Paul showed, Marg can be beaten if he can't hurt you. Shane has an Iron chin.

The people who felt Shane would beat Mayweather were May haters. They enjoyed taunting Floyd fans with that post fight walk in interview with Hopkins.

If you are saying Floyd beat them all the same way even though they fought different and different areas of the ring don't matter then you may as well say Floyd beat everyone the same damn way. Heck why even order the PPV, it's going to be the same. Floyd beat Cotto the same, he squared up and made Cotto look clumsy AT TIMES. It's the same right... He won 10 or 9 rounds, it's the same because it's a wide UD right?

The smarter people can see the difference and analyse it so. I am blessed like that, while you may be quite simple in the head.

How can I comment on Brother Naz exaggerating on Ward? Have you and me seen what he saw in the gym sparring?

Plus Minus. Floyd is accurate, we know that.

Ward's is 14. Floyd's is 24. You were 1 off for ward, but 6 off for May... Never saw IS for one guy and WAS for another. That makes your argument invalid. However Floyd has exceptional accuracy which I can not doubt and he does it with tough opposition. Ward has tough opposition too and is third place.

Canelo is there but he faced some smaller guys from Matt Hatton, Lopez etc...

Any boxing fan knew Floyd was at the top and Ward is lower, but still high up. Plus Ward is more offensively minded. Which means you do get hit more.

If you add Rodriguez's plus minus of 19, then maybe Ward is even better after surgery on his shoulder. The pic below excludes Rodriguez fight, but I did the maths and it remained 14.7

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...us-list--69715

Comment

Yea equal. I dont care about what boxrec and tail of the tape list their height and reach as, because to me, they are always incorrect. They also list Floyd as taller with longer arms than everyone he fights, and he always looks way shorter and smaller to me.

I actually think Cotto may even be a little bigger than Mosley tbh. And size came into it when YOU said that Cotto was a fighter who beat Mosley who was smaller than him.
      Use your eyes who is bigger or taller.
      Cotto is not bigger.

What do you mean size came into it when I said Cotto beat Mosely and was smaller? This was your post when you talked about size before anyone. Please I beg you to read what you have typed first then reply to me. You are looking silly now.

I am going to spell things out to you. My reply mentioning size was a reply to you. So I posted about size after you OK. Is that CLEAR?

Bro Mosley lost to BIGGER Men. Floyd was the first small guy to really outbox him, and Floyd actually walked him down, dominated him worse than Winky and Vernon COMBINED, even tho they hurt him worse. Pac used footwork, and actually wasnt hip to the idea of fighting him until AFTER Floyd fought him. If Floyd wouldnt have fought him, Pac wouldnt until maybe later on in 2011 MAYBE.

Comment

I dont care about what fight Shane fought. Thats a tangent. Im talking about Pac outboxing Shane the way Floyd did. You say the blueprint was there, but as I stated before, Pac wouldnt fight him until after Floyd did. They thought Pac would be too small, until Floyd showed that size wouldnt matter. In one of my coments you highlighted a portion to respond to. Please, no more tangents, and dont cherrypick and choose what you want to respond to. Do the whole think #Duckin&Dodgin
        WTF are you talking about? We are here talking about WARD and FLOYD. Why are you bring up Pac's name?

I aint cherry picking nothing. You're the one making up fake numbers about plus minus. If you use stats for your argument, get them right firstly. You were off by 1 and freaking 6 % which is huge in boxing terms.

Then you say I talked about size first when CLEARLY you did. Is it even worth my time to reply to you?

You said Floyd gave a blueprint to beat Shane by out boxing him. I am saying how can Floyd give a blueprint when Shane was beaten 3 times already? Cotto showed he could be outboxed.

Floyd talked about watching The Cotto Mosely fight and that he saw Shane hit Cotto with wide shots. Which he used VS Cotto since he has a guard. I know damn well he looked at Cotto's win and saw the flaws too. People saw that Cotto had an effective jab and boxed. Some expected a Cotto from the Torres war, but they saw a boxer that day and it worked, just.

If Floyd was the first guy to beat him then I understand.

Comment

Wait WTF has Pac fighting Mosely got to do with this thread? I am here talking about Floyd and Ward and who they fought. Not who Pac fought. Move off that topic because you are losing it. Crazzzyyy

Cotto beat Mosely by boxing. Floyd did too. You said Floyd created the blue print. Er no he didn't since Mosely was beaten by 3 other people. Tell me I am wrong?

I am here saying Mosely was shot and if you look at his performance VS Cotto, then Mayorga, it showed he was on the decline.

OK on the Floyd Snr issue you want to bring up. You said this, I said this.

QUOTE=MurkaMan;14089186]And Floyd dont always rely on the shoulder roll. I would love to see him fight with the stance he used against Mosley. He been rolling allot lately because Broner came and repopulated it. But with Mosley he stood in a similar stance but more squared.

I said THE STANCE LET HIM TAKE A FEW FLUSH SHOTS.

Here is the video.

As you can see, Floyd was square and the second shot he was countered.

BEING square meant he got hit flush. Floyd Snr came in emphasising a defence and using the shoulder roll which he taught his own son. He also said Floyd needs to jab more. So how am I wrong?

Floyd Snr was not the main trainer. He was kicked out of the damn camp and was not in the corner for previous fights either.

There's a reason why he made his father a trainer in his corner and even though he says Uncle Roger is his trainer too, Snr is the head even if not with a title.

Victor Ortiz ran into shots more like Hatton did on the ropes, getting countered. It was erratic and nothing like how JMM or Mosely fights. It was a dirty fight by the 4th. Ortiz has wide shots while JMM has straight.
          If you think Ortiz was the same as Canelo, JMM and Mosely then you need your eyes tested seriously.

Marg is a dangerous fighter, but he lost his title to Williams a few fights before, and lost 7 rounds straight VS Cotto. The reason why people may have fought Mosely would not win is to do with his performances before, and Marg's impressive win VS Cotto.

However as Paul showed, Marg can be beaten if he can't hurt you. Shane has an Iron chin.

The people who felt Shane would beat Mayweather were May haters. They enjoyed taunting Floyd fans with that post fight walk in interview with Hopkins.

If you are saying Floyd beat them all the same way even though they fought different and different areas of the ring don't matter then you may as well say Floyd beat everyone the same damn way. Heck why even order the PPV, it's going to be the same. Floyd beat Cotto the same, he squared up and made Cotto look clumsy AT TIMES. It's the same right... He won 10 or 9 rounds, it's the same because it's a wide UD right?

The smarter people can see the difference and analyse it so. I am blessed like that, while you may be quite simple in the head.

How can I comment on Brother Naz exaggerating on Ward? Have you and me seen what he saw in the gym sparring?

Plus Minus. Floyd is accurate, we know that.

Ward's is 14. Floyd's is 24. You were 1 off for ward, but 6 off for May... Never saw IS for one guy and WAS for another. That makes your argument invalid. However Floyd has exceptional accuracy which I can not doubt and he does it with tough opposition. Ward has tough opposition too and is third place.

Canelo is there but he faced some smaller guys from Matt Hatton, Lopez etc...

Any boxing fan knew Floyd was at the top and Ward is lower, but still high up. Plus Ward is more offensively minded. Which means you do get hit more.

If you add Rodriguez's plus minus of 19, then maybe Ward is even better after surgery on his shoulder. The pic below excludes Rodriguez fight, but I did the maths and it remained 14.7

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...us-list--69715[/QUOTE]
          Because Pac needed Floyd to fight him in order for him to fight him himself. Floyd showed Pac how to beat hi which was my point and Im right on that. And as long as we keep going into tangents I will be talking about that and whatever else we end up talking about.

Regardless of how Cotto beat Mosley Pac wouldnt fight him until after Floyd did. Pac needed a smaller man to show him how to be small and beat Mosley. Cotto didnt lay out anything. He actually had a competitive fight with Shane. No one dominated Shane like Floyd.

You keep saying Mosley was shot, but the fights you use to prove that or fights he won. lol And as I said before, Floyd didnt fight him coming off those wins. He fought him coming off his greatest win in which he looked like a beast.

And Again I have already disagreed with your comments about the stance. How come he only got hit twice in the whole fight? Why didnt the stance get him in trouble the other 11 rounds? And he didnt get hit because he was square as I have already said. He got hit because he just wasnt paying attention, and the second time he got hit, he was throwing a punch the same time Mosley was, and he ate a shot.

Floyd outjabbed Mosley in that fight, because Floyd Sr was there to have him doing all the sharp stuff in that camp. I dont have to tell you that your wrong, because you already know you are lol. You will say whatever you want to say, and your entitled to that. But that doesnt mean you actually believe it. Its just pride and some not wanting to admit their wrong. You say Floyd Sr was not the main trainer who gives a ph.uk? A title of being the main trainer, co trainer, whatever does not matter. Everyone, including you, know that he was an important piece in that camp. He brought Sr back AFTER the Cotto fight in which he looked bad.

I actually dont have any problem saying that Sr WAS the main trainer when he fought Mosley. But since your wrong, you will point to the title of being a trainer, or just being a person who is in camp giving advice, to help prove your point? GTFO LOL

Whatever reason he needed to bring Sr back, did not occur in the Mosley fight like you stated. It was the Cotto fight. Sr was also absent for the Ortiz fight as well. Ortiz and Cotto are the only camps, in recent times, that he wasnt their.

Why are you posting these technicalities? "Floyd didnt make Ortiz, Mosley, and Ghost look the same. Against Ghost he landed 2 shots in the first round. Against Ortiz he landed 1 punch in the first round. So how did he make them look the same?" Come on man, I already told you to quit pretending like your getting confused. All I said was he landed the most shots on them, and effortlessly avoided all of their shots, making them all look clumsey and dumb. You eagerly hate admitting that and I dont know why. So Im not going to get dragged into a NEW debate about how Ortiz lost this way, Mosley lost that way, Ghost lost this way. Negroid, they all got dominated and all looked the same. Just another opponent. Stop confusing yourself.

You say Marg lost to this person and that person. And you say the reason people picked him to beat Mosley is because of this or that. Im not interested in debating about who Marg lost to. The main thing is you just AGREED that Mosley was the underdog and Marg was the favorite to win. Point proved.

When I talked about how Floyd dominated them the same, you needed some way to disagree. So you start talking about all these technicalities about the way each fight unfolded, "oh he used an uppercut allot on Cotto, but used jabs allot on Canelo so he didnt beat them the same". Almost like you pretended that I was having a debate about how each fight played out, when you KNEW that we were talking about how he beats them all easy.

Then you pat yourself on the back for being able to point things out like "He did this to Cotto he didnt do that to Ortiz. I have a supreme boxing brain so I notice these things" LOL. You only talked about those UNNECESSARY factors, to push an agenda. You basically didnt want to admit that he made them all look clumsey and dumb so you went into tangent about the gameplans used to beat them. "I notice these things because I dont have a simple boxing brain" Negroid you is a FOOL LOL

As far as ****im, I think at this point you agree with me that he was exagerrating. And thats MY opinion that you DO agree with me. I dont want to have a knew debate about whether you agree, or pretending to disagree. But Your not a fool. Regardless of what ****im seen in camp, after I made the point that he was putting it on too thick, then commented on how he spoke of Ward's hidden power, I think you got my point that he was FOS. So we dont have to talk about that anymore.

As far as the plus minus, I got my info from an older article that Lists Floyd as 30. And Im almost certain that you know that. But the article was written a while back. We can talk about what verson of Floyd Ward will lose to. This new Floyd, the Floyd that fought Cotto, Ortiz etc. This is my first time seeing the new numbers and based on that Floyd is still WAAY too good for Ward and we both agree on that. You may not admit to agreeing, but you do. The numbers are waay to different to even think Ward can stand a chance. So We can stop debating on that as well.

I dont want to talk about Rodriguez, Canelo's plus minus and all that Jive. Its another tangent. But its impressive that Floyd beat him if his numbers are as good as you say.

Comment

Use your eyes who is bigger or taller.
            Cotto is not bigger.

What do you mean size came into it when I said Cotto beat Mosely and was smaller? This was your post when you talked about size before anyone. Please I beg you to read what you have typed first then reply to me. You are looking silly now.

I am going to spell things out to you. My reply mentioning size was a reply to you. So I posted about size after you OK. Is that CLEAR?
            Cotto is bigger to me. When Floyd fought Mosley he walked him down. When he fought Cotto he tried to wrestle, and slid backwards on his feet while Cotto came forward. Thats just my opinion. And your the one dragging us all into tangents. All the times you changed the subject and now were talking about how Pac, a small guy, needed Floyd a small guy, to beat Shane in order for him to fight him. Thats a fact we both agree on even tho you may not say you agree with it. But I have my opinion that you do and my opinion is def not worth arguing over.
            Last edited by MurkaMan; 01-02-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

WTF are you talking about? We are here talking about WARD and FLOYD. Why are you bring up Pac's name?

I aint cherry picking nothing. You're the one making up fake numbers about plus minus. If you use stats for your argument, get them right firstly. You were off by 1 and freaking 6 % which is huge in boxing terms.

Then you say I talked about size first when CLEARLY you did. Is it even worth my time to reply to you?

You said Floyd gave a blueprint to beat Shane by out boxing him. I am saying how can Floyd give a blueprint when Shane was beaten 3 times already? Cotto showed he could be outboxed.

Floyd talked about watching The Cotto Mosely fight and that he saw Shane hit Cotto with wide shots. Which he used VS Cotto since he has a guard. I know damn well he looked at Cotto's win and saw the flaws too. People saw that Cotto had an effective jab and boxed. Some expected a Cotto from the Torres war, but they saw a boxer that day and it worked, just.

If Floyd was the first guy to beat him then I understand.
              Im not making up any fake numbers. Your just saying that out of anger and bitterness. You already know for a fact that Floyd's plus minus was 30. Now your pretending that you never heard of that before. If you want to attack me for not talking about the new numbers then go ahead. But dont pretend that Im making this up or making that up. It makes you look like a troll. And I believe you have the power to have normal boxing discussions.

Not only did you talk about size first, but you have a habit in going into allot of tangents and talking about crap that has nothing to do with Ward and Floyd.

You made a statement that Mosley was shot when he faced Floyd and thats why he lost after he fought Floyd. But as I stated, he lost because Floyd showed people how to beat him. As I said before, Pac wouldnt have fought him if Floyd didnt. We will have to disagree on this one.

You talk about Floyd watching Cotto's blueprint in order to beat Shane. If Floyd fought him like Cotto I would see your point. But he actually beat him worse so I disagree on that as well. No beef, just opinions.

Comment

I personally think a fighter with Mayweather talent would look really good against Ward. Nobody really talks about how mediocre his footwork is. Before being fouled out of the fight in Oakland Kessler exposed a few things. It was pretty obvious Kessler was the better fighter. Why else would Ward resort to dirty tactics? People love to forget sht around here....smh

Comment

Floyd outjabbed Mosley in that fight, because Floyd Sr was there to have him doing all the sharp stuff in that camp. I dont have to tell you that your wrong, because you already know you are lol. You will say whatever you want to say, and your entitled to that. But that doesnt mean you actually believe it. Its just pride and some not wanting to admit their wrong. You say Floyd Sr was not the main trainer who gives a ph.uk? A title of being the main trainer, co trainer, whatever does not matter. Everyone, including you, know that he was an important piece in that camp. He brought Sr back AFTER the Cotto fight in which he looked bad.

I actually dont have any problem saying that Sr WAS the main trainer when he fought Mosley. But since your wrong, you will point to the title of being a trainer, or just being a person who is in camp giving advice, to help prove your point? GTFO LOL

Whatever reason he needed to bring Sr back, did not occur in the Mosley fight like you stated. It was the Cotto fight. Sr was also absent for the Ortiz fight as well. Ortiz and Cotto are the only camps, in recent times, that he wasnt their.

Why are you posting these technicalities? "Floyd didnt make Ortiz, Mosley, and Ghost look the same. Against Ghost he landed 2 shots in the first round. Against Ortiz he landed 1 punch in the first round. So how did he make them look the same?" Come on man, I already told you to quit pretending like your getting confused. All I said was he landed the most shots on them, and effortlessly avoided all of their shots, making them all look clumsey and dumb. You eagerly hate admitting that and I dont know why. So Im not going to get dragged into a NEW debate about how Ortiz lost this way, Mosley lost that way, Ghost lost this way. Negroid, they all got dominated and all looked the same. Just another opponent. Stop confusing yourself.

You say Marg lost to this person and that person. And you say the reason people picked him to beat Mosley is because of this or that. Im not interested in debating about who Marg lost to. The main thing is you just AGREED that Mosley was the underdog and Marg was the favorite to win. Point proved.

When I talked about how Floyd dominated them the same, you needed some way to disagree. So you start talking about all these technicalities about the way each fight unfolded, "oh he used an uppercut allot on Cotto, but used jabs allot on Canelo so he didnt beat them the same". Almost like you pretended that I was having a debate about how each fight played out, when you KNEW that we were talking about how he beats them all easy.

Then you pat yourself on the back for being able to point things out like "He did this to Cotto he didnt do that to Ortiz. I have a supreme boxing brain so I notice these things" LOL. You only talked about those UNNECESSARY factors, to push an agenda. You basically didnt want to admit that he made them all look clumsey and dumb so you went into tangent about the gameplans used to beat them. "I notice these things because I dont have a simple boxing brain" Negroid you is a FOOL LOL

As far as ****im, I think at this point you agree with me that he was exagerrating. And thats MY opinion that you DO agree with me. I dont want to have a knew debate about whether you agree, or pretending to disagree. But Your not a fool. Regardless of what ****im seen in camp, after I made the point that he was putting it on too thick, then commented on how he spoke of Ward's hidden power, I think you got my point that he was FOS. So we dont have to talk about that anymore.

As far as the plus minus, I got my info from an older article that Lists Floyd as 30. And Im almost certain that you know that. But the article was written a while back. We can talk about what verson of Floyd Ward will lose to. This new Floyd, the Floyd that fought Cotto, Ortiz etc. This is my first time seeing the new numbers and based on that Floyd is still WAAY too good for Ward and we both agree on that. You may not admit to agreeing, but you do. The numbers are waay to different to even think Ward can stand a chance. So We can stop debating on that as well.

I dont want to talk about Rodriguez, Canelo's plus minus and all that Jive. Its another tangent. But its impressive that Floyd beat him if his numbers are as good as you say.
                  Can you please quote me next time. Some long ass post now.

Anyway let me read up and reply to a paragraph and then read again.

Anyone who beats anyone shows how to beat someone. Anyone who wins rounds consistently of near 6 shows how to beat someone. To say Floyd showed Manny is fine, but you didn't state the others that beat Mosely which deserve mentions. Since you were called out on that point was when you mentioned size. Give up on that argument my friend, you lost it to a point you didn't even know you were the first to talk about size.

Mosely was shot to me, he was no where near his best at all. He was a shell of himself who couldn't pull the trigger. Any fighter who has to open his mouth by round 4 aint serious. Roy Jones just won, does that mean he is not shot? A Shane that was not shot was an athletic powerful beast. The one who showed up for Mayorga was not.

I would say Shane was placed as an underdog by fans yes. For myself I give a boxer 70 % chance to beat a brawler. If the boxer loses, in a rematch I still give them a 60% chance to win if they work on mistakes.

I am not always right but I am intuitive. For example I predicted and made a thread on Shawn Porter beating Alexander. If I know (Seen a lot of fights, watched sparring etc...) and see enough of a boxer my judgement tends to be pretty good. I didn't think Marg could beat Mosely.

If you don't think someone winning a fight, even close laid out anything then you need to think about that. If a man outjabs you and it is working for say 5 rounds, and stops jabbing and loses the next 7, even then you laid out a blueprint in that lost. It's funny how you got to say dominated etc... now. Who is the one talking about tangents?

Mosely landed more than twice, but perhaps wobbled Floyd 2 times yes. However he literally was breathing from his mouth quite early on in the fight considering. He was gassed and as stated couldn't pull the trigger. A 1 year and 3 month lay off don't help a man his age.

OK the point on Ortiz, Canelo etc... Floyd has a set foundation that he always has no matter what. Fine tuning him like a race car is what Snr did. He looked impressive VS Canelo and Guerrerro more than Cotto. At the top level all it takes when you're as good as Floyd is adding some adjustments. Ortiz fight was a lot faster than the Canelo fight. Ortiz ran into shots hard and it ended in 4 rounds. I just didn't see how that is even the same as Canelo or JMM who didn't even come close to winning a round, while Ortiz wasn't far off since it was erratic. PS. You don't need to do anything to make Ortiz look dumb. He said he wanted to fight Floyd when he was 9 years old. Floyd wasn't even that known at that time. Plus he said he's a tree... and the Maidana fight showed us what was up with his brain. I'm too young to get beat up LOL.

For Cotto you probably saw Omar Henry spar Floyd on U stream right? Well Floyd did get hit by jabs and particularly the left hand, and more so on the ropes. I made a thread on my banned account on this. I know sparring is sparring but it landed more than I would have expected.

Well guess what, Cotto did the same. He didn't win but he landed flush, more than we are use to. Snr believe in a jab and always said he is better the Roger as a trainer. Not that Floyd never had a jab, but Snr emphasised on that, and more movement. IMO Floyd has looked great recently that he may even beat someone like Sturm for a MW title. (I am pushing it but would be good to end his 6 fight deal with a MW title)

I aint seen what Brother Naz saw. For all we know Ward was killing his sparring partners. If that is the case then yeah he has hidden KO power. Ward has respectable power like Floyd. His has a low KO ratio but Ward does hurt people. What we have to say is, Ward has faced guys who never been knocked out. I know Froch, Kessler, Abraham haven't been knocked out. I think Bika was never knocked out. Dawson was never knocked out when he faced him. So Ward is facing top guys and as you know, it's hard to KO top guys. They are there for a reason.

This is a video from my memory on Naz talking about Ward. He said on the lines of: he saw one dude get cracked in sparring, why don't you do that in the ring? If he decides to crack someone he can.

Ward said he don't have to.

What's so special about what he said? You see people get dropped in sparring all the time and you can get impressed with it.

Why you using an old stat for Floyd to argue with me but use a recent one for Ward in the plus minus debate? Come on man, numbers don't lie as they say. I don't mind you using an old stat but I feel you did it on purpose for your argument. Floyd is accurate and has a great defence, we know this. You can't talk bad about that at all. Ward has a good one too, but still 10% off, not the 15% off as your numbers would have told.

I had to delete the long quote, too long it said.

Comment

Cotto is bigger to me. When Floyd fought Mosley he walked him down. When he fought Cotto he tried to wrestle, and slid backwards on his feet while Cotto came forward. Thats just my opinion. And your the one dragging us all into tangents. All the times you changed the subject and now were talking about how Pac, a small guy, needed Floyd a small guy, to beat Shane in order for him to fight him. Thats a fact we both agree on even tho you may not say you agree with it. But I have my opinion that you do and my opinion is def not worth arguing over.
                    Look at the damn pics. Cotto is shorter (Pic clearly) and has shorter arms. Boxrec isn't always right but they are right on these two guys.

Look at the pic. Who is taller?

Cotto is immensely strong in wrestling. He made Floyd go where he wanted physically. He is stronger than Shane in wrestling it seems. Shane can do weights though, but that isn't always transferred to wrestling, boxing power etc...

Comment

Im not making up any fake numbers. Your just saying that out of anger and bitterness. You already know for a fact that Floyd's plus minus was 30. Now your pretending that you never heard of that before. If you want to attack me for not talking about the new numbers then go ahead. But dont pretend that Im making this up or making that up. It makes you look like a troll. And I believe you have the power to have normal boxing discussions.

Not only did you talk about size first, but you have a habit in going into allot of tangents and talking about crap that has nothing to do with Ward and Floyd.

You made a statement that Mosley was shot when he faced Floyd and thats why he lost after he fought Floyd. But as I stated, he lost because Floyd showed people how to beat him. As I said before, Pac wouldnt have fought him if Floyd didnt. We will have to disagree on this one.

You talk about Floyd watching Cotto's blueprint in order to beat Shane. If Floyd fought him like Cotto I would see your point. But he actually beat him worse so I disagree on that as well. No beef, just opinions.
                      WTF if he saw Cotto put a blueprint, it don't mean he can't add to it? He said he watched Shane VS Cotto and saw Cotto got hit with wide shots and followed that. It worked.

Floyd is smart, an I am sure he saw what Cotto did good and used that. He aint going to copy how Cotto fights FFS LOL. Did Pac fight Shane how Floys did then? LOL. Pac thought the same way he does... and you say Floyd gave him the blueprint? Shane was literally moving at all costs not to get hit by Pac.,..

Comment

Working...
                      X