Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Pick GGG's Next Opponent: Geale Or Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/geale-rea...n-fight--72727

Froch defends his super-middleweight world titles against George Groves on November 23, but admitted a fight with Chavez Jr may hit a stumbling block, with HBO preferring 'The Cobra' to face unbeaten world champion Gennady Golovkin.
    "It's not pie in the sky. It's potentially one of the biggest fights to happen in the last decade," Froch told The Sun.
    "I'm told my promoter Eddie Hearn has already spoken to the American TV company HBO about a big fight against Chavez Jnr.
    "But, from what I understand, HBO are more interested to see me in against Golovkin because there are not too many willing to fight him.
    "Sure, Golovkin is frightening but I fear no man. It would be an unbelievable super-fight that would get everybody excited - him or Chavez Jr."
    Golovkin defends his WBA title against Curtis Stevens on November 2, while Chavez Jr recently defeated Brian Vera by unanimous decision in California.

Oh so they're not legit opponents but the likes of Osumanu Adama is?
    First off Froch was never an option for february. Hearn said next summer. gggs name didnt cross their lips since Froch looked like **** vs Groves

Comment

Not that I know of & did Geale really pass? Pretty sure he said he would go to Monaco and GGG opted to fight whatever bum hes fighting next instead.

Yet when its the other way around everyone is screaming they're ducking GGG. Funny that!

and yeah I'd love Dirrell to be more active but still, its one of the best fights out there and a serious test for GGG.
      http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/11...own-the-fight/

"Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, offered a quick jab of a response to Geale’s comments.
      “Geale can fight Golovkin anytime for the WBA belt he gave up,” he said. “We actually made an offer to his promoter for the fight on February 1 in Monaco, but it was turned down.”

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/11...own-the-fight/

"Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, offered a quick jab of a response to Geale’s comments.
        “Geale can fight Golovkin anytime for the WBA belt he gave up,” he said. “We actually made an offer to his promoter for the fight on February 1 in Monaco, but it was turned down.”

That was before when Geale opted to fight Mundine for a much, much bigger payday as explained in the article posted.

He made a reported $2,000,000 why would he fight GGG for what, 300k?

Comment

That was before when Geale opted to fight Mundine for a much, much bigger payday as explained in the article posted.

He made a reported $2,000,000 why would he fight GGG for what, 300k?
          You havent even opened the link gtfo. The date is in the url, jeeze

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            You havent even opened the link gtfo. The date is in the url, jeeze

So basically they offered peanuts and the only fighter willing to accept such a pathetic amount of chump change was Adama.

Who even cares? What about all the other fighters that have called him out? I suppose they all turned down a insulting payday too

Comment

Neither I would like to see him go against Martinez

Comment

.....dan_cov, you're not making any sense.
                Here:
                Now be a good boy and go to sleep.

Comment

Sergio Mora, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, Sam Soliman, Daniel Geale, Fernando Guerrero have all called out GGG
                  All but Froch in the last 2 weeks alone.

Yeah everyone is ducking him alright!
                  Odd-timing don't you think? I know Mora has been saying he'll fight him for awhile but now that he has a fight lined up they all start barking. I'm not defending his choice of opponent because it is actually upsetting to a fan like me but lets not act like most of these guys calling him out have a remote chance of beating him. If they went the route of calling him out like Curtis did then it would be different.

Comment

Edit: even though Dirrell has been inactive as hell I'd still consider that a damn good fight. **** the others.

Comment

Since damn near everybody thinks he's some unstoppable force @ 160, I say hold him to the Mayweather standard & force him up to see Ward since it's all about fighting the very best available. Ward would gladly take the fight & after reading numerous post about boxers needing to challenging themselves (******ed fan standard, not actual people who fight standards) I say make it happen so we can see what's really good!

Comment

Working...
                      X